Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [Solved] Brawlbox Animation Cleaning help  (Read 1312 times)
NefariousDrH
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: September 14, 2016, 12:06:25 PM »

Hey guys! I was wondering if you could help me with a slight issue regarding Brawlbox's "Clean" function.

I've made animations in Maya, imported them into Brawlbox, and successfully gotten them into the game. The first animations I made, though, were just test animations - stuff thrown together in about ten seconds in Maya to test whether or not it'll work.

When I finally made a couple of serious animations for my PSA, I'm pretty sure it was too big of a file for the Wii to handle, and it didn't work.

Naturally, I started looking for the problem in Maya. I've baked the animation to a lesser degree of keyframes, and tried to clean the static channels. Still doesn't work.

Now, I've read about Brawlbox's "Clean" function, where it removes static channels or something like that. The problem is, whenever I clean an animation, it doesn't save. The animation still crashes in-game, and if I go back into Brawlbox and clean the animation again, it gives me the same value of redundant keyframes it did the first time around.

I'm using Brawlbox 0.77, though I've tried it with 0.68 and 0.64. I've read before that the Clean function is exclusive to 0.62b, but I can't find a copy of that anywhere on Google or the forums.

My question is: Is there anyway I can clean my animations? Are there any tips you could give me regarding keeping a balance of keyframes in Maya? What is the optimal amount that won't crash the game?

Any help you could give me would be tremendously appreciated, and most likely rewarded with a shiny PSA in time Wink

Thanks guys,

-Nef
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 06:37:44 PM by NefariousDrH » Logged

KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine
Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 06:26:15 PM »

For some reason, using BrawlBox's Clean function won't work, unless you make an edit after cleaning.

For a quick edit, just increase a random rotation/translation by 1, then revert the change before saving.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

NefariousDrH
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 06:37:20 PM »

You are a saint. Thank you so much!  Happy Face

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: