Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Back at it! POKEMASTERS STAGE THREAD! (Clemont's Gym M Released)  (Read 31770 times)
BKupa666
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2016, 10:35:52 PM »

Fixed! Smiley
Lol thanks broskii.  
I'm having trouble with the Super Mario stage though.  The problem I feared would happen happened. I cannot get a high resolution background.

This is what I have so far. But you see how the background kills the whole thing due to the sheer lack of quality it has.

Huh...maybe that's because that background was the one item I linked from Super Mario Advance, while the rest of it was from Super Mario All-Stars?

Here's a version of the same snowy hills from All-Stars (http://www.mariouniverse.com/images/sprites/snes/smb2/bg-snowmountains.png). Maybe that'll work better? If not, it wouldn't be too big a deal to use general blue sky (http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/supermariobros2/sheet/7209/) for the background...the rest of the stage definitely looks kickass so far!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 10:38:05 PM by BKupa666 » Logged

POKE MASTER
Mega Kitten

Download my stages then U have my permission 2 die

• Awards Stack Smash Team Hot Topic Active Contributor Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #16 on: September 28, 2016, 01:03:01 AM »

Huh...maybe that's because that background was the one item I linked from Super Mario Advance, while the rest of it was from Super Mario All-Stars?

Here's a version of the same snowy hills from All-Stars (http://www.mariouniverse.com/images/sprites/snes/smb2/bg-snowmountains.png). Maybe that'll work better? If not, it wouldn't be too big a deal to use general blue sky (http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/supermariobros2/sheet/7209/) for the background...the rest of the stage definitely looks kickass so far!

Okay I'll throw some blue sky up in there then lol.

Post Merge: September 28, 2016, 11:24:31 AM

Never mind I got the background covered. Cheesy
    « Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 11:24:31 AM by POKE MASTER » Logged

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: September 28, 2016, 01:18:03 PM »

I told you once you go hack, you cant go back...
    But seriously nice to see u back and hope to see u on the sm4sh thread as well
    « Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 01:19:18 PM by Don Jon Bravo » Logged

POKE MASTER
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2016, 02:04:29 PM »

I told you once you go hack, you cant go back...
    But seriously nice to see u back and hope to see u on the sm4sh thread as well

Lmao Wink
    Thanks man. It's good to be back.
    I'll check it out now.

BKupa666
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: September 28, 2016, 11:13:28 PM »

Just checked out your World 4-2 video on YouTube...it's magnificent! The level really feels 'alive' with the Beezos in the background and the various items — excellent touches there. The one glitch(?) I noticed was that there seems to be a small pixelated line below the Ace Coin. Not sure whether that's the level itself or your TV (it seems to be below one of the cherries in your preview images, so I'm guessing the latter). 

In any case, it's a great stage that I can't wait to add to my personal build. Thanks for making it!
    « Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 11:14:39 PM by BKupa666 » Logged

POKE MASTER
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2016, 05:07:16 AM »

Just checked out your World 4-2 video on YouTube...it's magnificent! The level really feels 'alive' with the Beezos in the background and the various items — excellent touches there. The one glitch(?) I noticed was that there seems to be a small pixelated line below the Ace Coin. Not sure whether that's the level itself or your TV (it seems to be below one of the cherries in your preview images, so I'm guessing the latter).  

In any case, it's a great stage that I can't wait to add to my personal build. Thanks for making it!

Ayyy!!! Thanks bro!
    The cherrys are animated as well. Idk if you can tell from the video because it isn't that high quality but they swing back & forth like they do in-game.

It's hard to explain... but the "line(s)" that you see are reflections. Light is reflecting off of the transparent models that I needed to use to add the little items & nick-nacks for the stage.  The reflection off of the edge of the model makes it look as though their is a line fading in & out of view as the camera angle changes . In reality it is just the edge of the model reflecting light. I can't do anything about that unfortunately.  =\
    « Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 05:09:24 AM by POKE MASTER » Logged

Russell_SSB
    Hyper Kitten

Super Smash Bros. Frontier: The Battle Continues!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: September 30, 2016, 02:02:11 PM »

Hey, man. How goes the stage?

POKE MASTER
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2016, 08:32:10 PM »

Hey, man. How goes the stage?

Dang sorry bro, I wasn't even able to start it yet. I'm definitely going to start on it Monday because I'll have some spare time. The only days I work on stages is Tuesday  & Wednesday;my days off from work. I have a lot of free time before I go to class those days. But Monday I'm off from class so I will definitely have time to start & probably finish the stage.

Russell_SSB
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: October 01, 2016, 03:38:06 AM »

Dang sorry bro, I wasn't even able to start it yet. I'm definitely going to start on it Monday because I'll have some spare time. The only days I work on stages is Tuesday  & Wednesday;my days off from work. I have a lot of free time before I go to class those days. But Monday I'm off from class so I will definitely have time to start & probably finish the stage.
    Okay! Thanks. Smiley

POKE MASTER
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2016, 07:57:52 AM »

Okay! Thanks. Smiley

I'm a bit confused on how you want the layout of the stage to be broskii.
    Where you thinking of something like this where the back contains the stage itself and you fight on a platform in front of it???

http://i.imgur.com/nI95ROh.jpg

ToadKart
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: October 04, 2016, 10:12:50 AM »

Love your stages. Ever consider doing some from the Genesis Sonic games?

Russell_SSB
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: October 04, 2016, 10:29:53 AM »

I'm a bit confused on how you want the layout of the stage to be broskii.
    Where you thinking of something like this where the back contains the stage itself and you fight on a platform in front of it???

http://i.imgur.com/nI95ROh.jpg

This looks neat! Maybe have an animated background with platforms in the stage. I would love your idea! Smiley

POKE MASTER
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2016, 11:10:24 AM »

This looks neat! Maybe have an animated background with platforms in the stage. I would love your idea! Smiley

Ahh okay, i get it now. No problem.

Post Merge: October 04, 2016, 11:12:50 AM
    Love your stages. Ever consider doing some from the Genesis Sonic games?

Hey thanks a lot man! Smiley
    No not really because I never played that game but if you have a request for a stage or level from that game I could probably make it if I can get my hands on the textures/sprites from the game.
    « Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 11:12:50 AM by POKE MASTER » Logged

Russell_SSB
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: October 04, 2016, 11:45:18 AM »

Ahh okay, i get it now. No problem.

Post Merge: October 04, 2016, 11:12:50 AM
    Hey thanks a lot man! Smiley
    No not really because I never played that game but if you have a request for a stage or level from that game I could probably make it if I can get my hands on the textures/sprites from the game.
    Thanks again for the stage for Super Smash Bros. Frontier. Wink

BKupa666
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: October 04, 2016, 06:38:25 PM »

Can't wait to try out World 4-2, and Morton's Castle was a really pleasant surprise...wasn't expecting to see that one for a while. Nice work!

One thing, since I didn't see it in your original post, are you still planning on doing Mine Cart Carnage? I can definitely understand if you want to restrict to one request per user, just wondering if it's still on the table.

Pages:  1 [2] 3
    Print
    Jump to: