Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bit Variables  (Read 2614 times)
Ishapar
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: September 30, 2016, 02:19:18 PM »

In PSA, I have a couple of attacks that won't respond, and I believe it has something to do with bit-variables.  What are bit variables, and how am I to properly set and clear them?

KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine
Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 02:58:35 PM »

These are the Variables the game itself uses. Don't use these Variables in your PSA, unless it's being specifically used with what the game uses it for.

Look at this thread to know which Variable ranges both Brawl and PM use. http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=74266.0

To set/clear Variables, it depends on the type of Variable (Basic, Float, and Bit). With Basics and Floats, you can't really use commands to clear them, but you can use the associated commands to reset the Variables in question. You won't have issues setting and clearing Bits though.

Float: Float Variable Set (sets a Float Variable), Float Variable Add (adds to an associated Float Variable), Float Variable Subtract (subtracts from an associated Float Variable), Float Variable Multiply (multiplies an associated Float Variable), and Float Variable Divide (divides an associated Float Variable).

Basic: Basic Variable Set (sets a Basic Variable), Basic Variable Add (adds to an associated Basic Variable), and Basic Variable Subtract (subtracts from an associated Basic Variable).

Bit: Bit Variable Set (sets a Bit Variable) and Bit Variable Clear (clears a Bit Variable).

If a Variable in general is giving you trouble with your custom coding, either remove any trace of the Variable, or use a different Variable.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Ishapar
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 04:42:42 PM »

Just wondering: if you take the bit-set variable out of the aaa combo, will it then fail to execute?  I changed the second a to be a sweepkick so I just copied the down tilt data into its place, but there was no bit variable set.  In game, I can execute the first and second a in the combo, but I can't execute the final a in the combo.  I assumed it had something to do with the bit variables as the previous pac used a bit variable set in the first and second a combo.  Do you think this has anything to do with variables?

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 05:04:40 PM »

Yes, Jab attacks with more than one part use Variables to transition into the next part, depending on what type of Jab combo it is.

RA-Bit[16]: Goes into the next part if the hitbox hits, and the button is held. Also goes into the next part upon button press if the hitbox fails to connect.
    RA-Bit[17]: Goes into the next part if the button is held. Does not require the hitbox to connect.
    RA-Bit[20]: Used to transition into a Rapid Jab if the character has one coded in.
    RA-Bit[22]: Loops the current part if the hitbox fails to connect.

Note that unless it goes into a Rapid Jab, the final part of any Jab combo does not require Variables.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Ishapar
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 09:22:29 AM »

Thanks!  I'll try giving it a shot.

Ishapar
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 02:17:34 PM »

It worked.  Thanks a lot!