Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Pikachu and Luigi Moveset Bugs (Custom PM Build)  (Read 1501 times)
YADUNDED
Newbie Kitten

HOWDUYADU

View Profile Awards
« on: October 20, 2016, 03:17:27 PM »

Hiya,
I'm working on a custom PM build and I don't know how I messed up this badly.

Pikachu's bair retains the Brawl multi-hit effect despite keeping the PM animation,
Pikachu's upb goes really far for some reason, with both directional inputs it can take you off the side of the screen and kill you,
and for whatever reason, Luigi can no longer wavedash, and when one attempts to do so with him, the screen shakes.

:|

I have no idea how I got here, all changes I have made to the game have been purely cosmetic.
I have tried restoring their .rels (which were never touched) and .pacs to their originals but no such luck, which leads me to believe that information pertaining to those effects are stored elsewhere? I'm at a .

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 03:48:51 PM by YADUNDED » Logged

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 03:22:35 PM »

I'm not 100% sure, but maybe this info might help:

One time, I tested what would happen if I put all of Brawl's regular .pac files(the animation .pac files; e.g. FitCharacterName.pac, FitCharacterNameMotionEtc.pac, etc.) in place of P:M's, and the only thing that I ever noticed that was weird was Pikachu doing that ridiculously long jump, where it's like 2-3 times the regular length or longer. So it's probably that you have Brawl's .pac files, but with P:M's Gecko codes and/or .rels that are changing it so that Brawl's .pac files don't act like they regularly do. This is just a guess, though.

YADUNDED
    Newbie Kitten

HOWDUYADU

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 03:47:53 PM »

Thanks for the quick response!
    So I thought I had swapped my .pacs with fresh pm ones on several occasions, but it worked this time. Upon closer inspection to my build I noticed that Luigi and Pikachu didn't even have their FitCharactername.pacs, so what had probably happened in the past was that i was just copying over the FitCharacterNameMotionEtc.pacs.
    A little embarrassing, lol
    Thanks for your help

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 08:44:05 PM »

np, just glad I could help Wink

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: