Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Character texture and model hacks cause Subspace Emmissary to freeze  (Read 3942 times)
Palmaroma
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: October 21, 2016, 06:05:27 PM »

So, I completely admit I'm not the most savvy when it comes to Brawl hacking, I use Riivulotion to accomplish my model and texture overrides. This generally works for normal battles without an issue (I don't go all the way and edit portraits or stocks.) I use only two hacks, the Project M Fox and the Project M pirate wolf (updates character model and texture of each). Whenever I play a stage with this version of fox the stage will run for a few minutes before freeze and the game makes a screeching noise until I shut off the Wii. What am I doing wrong that is causing the game to do this? Any answers?

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 07:18:20 PM »

If you said that normal Brawl battles work fine, then that means that you can go into your "fighter" folder, and in each sub-folder, anything named "FitZXX.pcs"(Where "XX" is a number, like 01, and 'Z' is the name of the character, like Link), open it in BrawlBox, and then, only one step in BrawlBox, click Save As... and choose the option ".pair"; go to where this was saved, and there should be two files; a .pac file and a .pcs file; copy the .pac file over to your SD card or USB or whatever, and rename it to the same name as the .pcs file that you opened. Do this for each .pac and .pcs file.

Palmaroma
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 10:55:06 PM »

So I tried what you suggested, I was able to play through one of the subspace levels about 3/4s of the way before getting a freeze. The textures do load in game properly but someway through the level it'll freeze up.

Post Merge: October 21, 2016, 10:56:43 PM
    I'll try loading the character hacks on a different sd card when I get the chance, just to ensure my personal SD card isn't incompatible or otherwise.

Post Merge: October 21, 2016, 11:33:37 PM
    Seems to have been a hardware issue I believe, switching Sd cards has yielded no crashes thus far. Sorry about that!
    « Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 11:33:37 PM by Palmaroma » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 04:22:53 PM »

Eh, whatever. I'm just glad that you got it fixed, no matter what the scenario! Smiley

Palmaroma
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 06:17:41 PM »

So, I think I spoke to soon, the crashes are less but it still happens. Could it be the way I am using Riivulotion? I just post the mod contents in a folder called SSBB and it seems to work. What could I be doing wrong that the game crashes on Subspace Emissarry? Even when I am not playing a modded character, the game can and has froze.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 06:32:23 PM »

If it freezes even if you're not playing as a modded character, that means that either there's a scratch on your CD that's causing the game to freeze because the scratch is preventing it from loading the data, or you have file(s) on your SD card that are subspace emmissary file(s), and this/these file(s) are messing with the game mode.

Palmaroma
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 08:50:18 PM »

The cd can run subspace emissary without the mods without ever freezing, it's when I load them with riivolution that the problem occurs.  I've beaten subspace a few times before without issue with no mods. The only thing I have on my sd card is the aforementioned project M fox and wolf. This problem has followed me through two different wii consoles and two different brawl discs. I've never actually gotten subspace to work with mods without an eventual freeze up.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 09:22:02 PM »

Hmm. Would you mind uploading all of your SD card contents?

ThePhantomPsychic
    Extreme Kitten

You like Krabby Patties, don't you Squidward?

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 10:15:01 PM »

Remove the fox hack and try. For some strange reason i cannot play fox in ssbb with any hacks at all, but wolf works fine. Just try removing fox's hack.

Palmaroma
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 10:42:20 PM »

I made a rar archive of the layout of my SD card data starting from the root. Currently my only active hack is the project M fox replacing only the default fox color 00, which runs ok in vs mode without any freezing. I keep my other hacks in the textures folder and move them over to the SSBB folder when I want to use them.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/agdfx12nhfqa5p7/Sd%20Card.rar?dl=0

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2016, 04:08:45 AM »

Ok, I couldn't figure out why it's freezing, since there don't seem to be any duplicately named files that are messing with each other. Although, maybe there is something; cut the entire "ssbb" folder(Complete with ALL in that folder, like the CSPs, the .pac files, and the .pcs files; just cut the whole folder), and paste it onto your computer. Then see if it freezes on Subspace Emmissary. If it does NOT freeze, then it has to do something with your file placement. If it DOES freeze, that means that it's something wrong with your settings, codes, or .xml, most likely.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: