Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How can I add new bones to a character without Brawlbox crashing?  (Read 2210 times)
Alexarah2014
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: October 28, 2016, 10:41:45 PM »

Hi everyone is there a way or is it even possible to add new bones to a character in Brawlbox without it crashing? Basically I'm using Brawlbox v0.68b and I've been trying to follow a youtube tutorial about model changing for characters and I believe it's required to add a new bone. On top of that I saw the guy add 2 new bones for Mario after adding new textures and a polygon to him and his Brawlbox v0.68b didn't crash when he saved the pac file but mine does!  Sad So is there something I'm missing here?

Ebola16
Importer of Dreams
Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 03:51:44 AM »

You should just be able to press Ctrl + Alt + N on any bone to add a new child bone. If that's causing a crash try the latest version of Brawlbox (v0.77).

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Alexarah2014
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 05:26:57 PM »

You should just be able to press Ctrl + Alt + N on any bone to add a new child bone. If that's causing a crash try the latest version of Brawlbox (v0.77).
    Yeah I already tried both of those options but none worked. Basically Brawlbox v068b is the only version that can edit the pac file of a character for some stupid reason! Anyway thanks bro for trying to help me and no worries because I'm not giving up that easily.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 01:57:03 AM »

Alright try pausing and saving after you complete each step in that tutorial. The problem may be something else unrelated to adding bones and knowing the exact step that causes the crash can help narrow the problem down.

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Alexarah2014
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 05:29:59 AM »

Alright try pausing and saving after you complete each step in that tutorial. The problem may be something else unrelated to adding bones and knowing the exact step that causes the crash can help narrow the problem down.
    Funny how I never thought about that. I'll give that a try then. Thanks Ebola I'll let you know how it goes!

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: