Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Maximum  (Read 8620 times)
Xirvet
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: November 02, 2016, 06:01:04 PM »

What is SSB Maximum?
Super Smash Bros. Maximum is a personnal mod I started as a way to occupy my mind during my period of anxiety disorder and sorta make the Smash game I'd love to see. I originally did not intend to release this project but as I keep on thinkering it, I felt like it'd be a crime not to. This project tries to do many things that I have seen few attempt and, in a way, push Brawl modding to its maximum. Of course, I am but a novice modder and thus I do not know every little thing that may be needed but I plan on learning over time to make my vision a reality. Using Project M as its base, this mod uses elements from many popular mods, using some of the best content the community has to offer while also putting in things that I will work on in the future. The goal is to refresh Brawl in order make this mod a sort of believable Smash 5. Keep in mind that due to everything planned, this will be a Dolphin-only release since I use some of its features to trick things around to make it the way it is (that and I have no way to test it on a real Wii anyway)

What is planned?
  • 139 characters: From a quick operation, I was able to deduce that using PyotrLuzhin and ds22's BrawlEX Hold Shield Rewrite code could potentially allow that many characters. I dunno if it actually is possible as I seemed to realise lately that ids beyond 127 did not work (at least for me, if anyone knows, I am more than willing to know how!)
  • Around 200 stages: I know Legacy XP has more stages than that but I want each stage to feel unique and not feel like a reskin (nothing against LXP though, what they did is amazing) but also because alt stages do not seem to work as well as I'd hope too.
  • The Retro mode from Legacy: I LOVE that idea personally and I want to make it part of my mod. Of course, few characters HAVE actual retro models but if anyone wanna contribute low-poly models, I'd appreciate it!
  • Z-Cast system: Simple really, majority of the cast will have an alternate character skin that can be selected holding Z, that way it allows to add a few extra "characters" without falling in the realm of something like Infinite who sorta breaks the traditionnal way Smash works by having every costume be a different character. I have nothing against it but it just does not feel natural to me to have it that way and the Z-Cast system as I call it allows that compromise. Of course, these characters will use the same moveset as the character you hold Z on which in some cases could look odd ^^;
  • Costumes for every character: Self explanatory really, I plan for as many caracters as possible to have alt costumes instead of alt colors though some EX characters do not really have some so it's not possible for everyone :p Note that some of these alt costumes are alt characters but only when it makes sense for example: Funky Kong costume for DK, Lanky Kong for Diddy, Louie for Olimar, Kanji for Yu, etc.
  • Announcer call for EVERY character: I like to have the announcer say who you select, feels natural that way and as such I plan for every of the 139 characters (if I can get that many) to have their own unique call.
  • Sounds for every character: I don't know how possible it will be but I would like for every character to have at the very least voices that fits them. Of course, a few will use common sounds in order to make it possible but I want no "muted" characters.
  • New movesets for a few characters that I love: I have yet to learn how to make PSAs but I do intend on learning in order to give some characters that I just HAD to put in have their own unique moves that fit them. Few examples of that are: Phoenix Wright, Minato, Yu Narukami. I also intend on fixing the current Klonoa PSA that is on the vault as I feel it has a good potential but was left to collect dust
  • A revamped music selection: Speaks for itself, I intend on reworking the vast majority of Brawl's soundtrack to give it new beats.
  • HD Textures
  • Emblems for every franchise and some others revamped
  • New custom HD stickers (for fun :p)
  • Custom intro movie that shows the vast majority of the cast

Current roster
Uses Legacy XP's sweet character select screen but with custom CSS icons that uses fanart, this post will be updated as I keep on working on the mod

L button characters

Dr. Mario Over Mario
Warioman Over Wario
Giga Bowser Over Bowser
Pichu Over Pikachu
Young Link Over Toon Link

Z-Cast Characters

???? indicates it has not been set yet

King Mickey Over Mario
???? Over Dr. Mario
Papyrus Over Luigi
Gengar Over Wario
Warioman Batman Over Warioman
??? Over Waluigi
Shiki Over Peach
???? Over Bowser
???? Over Giga Bowser
Birdo Over Yoshi
???? Over Geno
O' Chunks Over DK
Amigo Over Diddy
Agent J Over Captain Falcon
Inkling Girl Over Fox
Peacoc from Skullgirls (written that way to avoid censored) Over Falco
???? Over Krystal
Octoling Over Wolf
???? Over Link
White Mage Over Zelda
Nisa Over Sheik
Laharl Over Toon Link
TF2 Heavy Over Ganondorf
Jolteon Over Pikachu
???? Over Pichu
Goombela Over Jigglypuff
Oshawott Over Squirtle
Duck Hunt Dog Over Ivysaur
???? Over Charizard
Iori Yagami Over Lucario
Alakazham Over Mewtwo
Vivian Over Ninten
Vivi (FF9) Over Ness
Isabelle Over Lucas
???? Over Samus
D.Va Over ZSS
???? Over Ridley
Shy Guy Over Kirby
Mallow Over Metaknight
Big The Cat Over Dedede
Corrin (Male) Over Marth
???? Over Roy
???? Over Lyn
???? Over Ike
???? Over Nephenee
TP Zora Over Mai
NIGHTS Over Pit
???? Over Ice Climbers
???? Over R.O.B.
None Over G&W (Game freeze even with the default model so no Z-Cast)
Dudley Over Little Mac
Captain Toad Over Olimar
???? Over Isaac
Pac-Man Over Sonic
Mephiles Over Shadow
Metal Knuckles Over Knuckles
Beck Over Megaman
Ken Over Ryu
???? Over Phoenix Wright
Eathworm Jim Over Viewtiful Joe
Magnus Over Cloud
???? Over Sora
???? Over Neku
???? Over Lloyd
???? Over Klonoa
Master Chief Over Snake
???? Over Minato
???? Over Yu Narukami
???? Over Etna
???? Over Neptune
???? Over Sans
Barbara The Bat Over Scott Pilgrim
Frank West Over Deadpool
???? Over Naruto

Screenshots
Remember that the mod is still in developpement, not everything is HD or set

Of course, due to the ambitious nature of the project, don't expect it done soon. I welcome any contribution as in if you see something you'd like to help for in here, I welcome it!

Edit: As I work on this project, I will upload some of the content I made for my mod so at the very least, you guys can use it (for example: Fixed Klonoa, Cloud fused PSAs, Gunslinger Krystal with BrawlEx SFX, alt animations for Legacy Pichu, etc.)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 05:35:00 AM by Xirvet » Logged

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 07:35:26 PM »

Looks like a pretty epic project! Subbed! Smiley

Post Merge: November 02, 2016, 07:36:33 PM
    Looks like a pretty epic project! Subbed! Smiley
    « Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 07:36:33 PM by windhunter7 » Logged

Accalia
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 01:19:56 AM »

i cant wait for the release, if you want a tester sign me up, also i can do some textures for the css screen/portraits

20GX|Berzerk
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 11:30:27 AM »

looks great cant wait till release

Drybonesboy
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 01:51:34 PM »

I'd love to help in any way I could!

Drybonesboy
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 08:52:15 AM »

I can do rigging, animating, and model imports, as well as modeling, and artwork/css help if you need it!

TP
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Fiery Topic Tutorial Writer Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 05:33:47 PM »

I had a similar idea for something like this. I don't know how to add characters, that sounds cool, but mine has the original roster that have each been modified. I have already completed most of the characters and made them stronger or faster.

The characters that I have edited so far are;

Mario
    Luigi
    Diddy
    Donkey Kong
    Falco
    Fox
    Ganondorf
    Ike
    Kirby
    Bowser
    Link