Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [Easy] How to Make a Proper Healing Move  (Read 1375 times)
KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « on: August 26, 2016, 11:42:30 AM »

After telling others who've asked me how to make a healing move a few times, I've decided to make a tutorial on how to make a proper healing move. Since this is an easy thing to do, this tutorial won't be long.

You would think you can just insert an Add/Subtract Damage command, and subtract as much as you want, and leave it as is, right. Well, that's unfortunately wrong, as believe it or not, there's such thing as negative damage. Negative damage is just simply going under 0 damage, which could be considered a glitch by some.

For example, say if you heal your character to -50%. In order to go back to 0 damage, you'll have to take damage that totals to at least 50 damage. For balanced movesets, you can see how this is a problem.

To prevent going into negative damage, you'll have to use the following coding.

X = Frame you want the healing to start on.
    Y = How much damage you want healed.
    Code:
    Asynchronous Timer: Frames = X
    Set Loop: Y Times
    If Compare: IC-Basic[2] > 0 (Scalar)
    Add/Subtract Damage: -1
    End If
    Synchronous Timer: Frames = 1
    Execute Loop
    What this coding does is check to see if your character's current damage (IC-Basic[2]) is more than 0. If their damage is more than 0, then they'll heal 1 damage until either the loop ends, or until their damage goes to 0.

If you want to adjust the rate of healing, then you can edit the Synchronous Timer to your liking (with the current coding, the character will heal 1 damage every Frame, so if, for example, you set the Synchronous Timer to 2, then they'll heal 1 damage every 2 Frames). Just make sure the animation lasts longer than your loop.

Here's a gfycat showing this coding in action: https://gfycat.com/WaterloggedDampFireant
    In this example, I made Falco heal 25 damage (the coding is set to loop 25 times), but since Mega Charizard Y's Fire Blast does 15 damage, Falco will only heal as much damage needed to get back to 0% if he's taken less than 25 damage.

Here's an additional gfycat to show Falco not healing when at 0%: https://gfycat.com/ForthrightTalkativeAlligatorgar

Hopefully, this will help those who wish to make a proper healing move. If you have any questions/issues, don't hesitate to reply.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: