Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: (Solved) Index was out of range error in Brawlbox  (Read 10443 times)
LinkTahuterasuSpirit
Expert Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « on: January 06, 2017, 11:05:36 AM »

ok so i'm trying to Fix a bit of a Mistake on PMs Oot Link Model, as you may or may not know all of PMs Oot alts give the character their corresponding piece of the triforce when they have the Smash ball, small problem with Links Triforce of Courage though. it's on the wrong hand, so i'm trying to fix it though i keep getting this error message when trying to import the fixed model into brawlbox not sure how to fix this or what's causing it. does anyone have any ideas as to whats causing this?
    « Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 01:30:11 PM by LinkTahuterasuSpirit » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 11:08:17 AM »

I don't know very much at all about 3DS Max, but if you're ok with fixing it in Blender, I can help you with the import/export process, if you wish.

LinkTahuterasuSpirit
    Expert Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 11:17:05 AM »

I don't know very much at all about 3DS Max, but if you're ok with fixing it in Blender, I can help you with the import/export process, if you wish.
    the problem with that is don't know how to rig/rerig it

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 11:26:48 AM »

Ok; well, can't help you with Max, though.

LinkTahuterasuSpirit
    Expert Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 11:44:52 AM »

also i tried importing the fixed model into blender and well nothing happens not even an error message showed up, ever have that happen before?

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 01:47:49 PM »

What do you mean? Do you mean that the model didn't show up?

LinkTahuterasuSpirit
    Expert Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 02:55:54 PM »

yep nothing shows up, it only happens with the model that i edited though i can import the original one just fine

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 04:11:05 PM »

Oh, so I'm guessing, then, that you exported it from Max as a .dae file? If so, use FBX Converter 2013.3 to convert the .dae to .fbx(2013), and then import that .fbx file into Blender. (Note: If this ends up throwing the same error after the following steps, go ahead and repeat just before this statement, and, in Blender, Save As... a .blend file, and then email me that file) Export from Blender as a .fbx, then with FBX Converter, turn the .fbx into a .dae; now in BrawlBox 0.77, Replace the model with that .dae file, but then export as a .mdl0; now in BrawlBox 0.71, use the "Import New Object" right-click function to import the polygon(s) that you edited.(And delete the old, if applicable)

Note: In Blender, you can actually delete every polygon that you AREN'T editing, because with Blender importing, you have to import each individual polygon one at a time anyways.

Post Merge: January 06, 2017, 04:12:40 PM
    Also change the material of the imported object back to what it was by either using the existing material and deleting the new one, or exporting a material and replacing it with that one, and editing it from there.
    « Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 04:12:40 PM by windhunter7 » Logged

LinkTahuterasuSpirit
    Expert Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 09:45:12 AM »

ok i've managed to import it and it looks good in brawlbox, but there are problems when loaded in game, for one Link's shield and sword in sheath objects are visible at all times, the shadow seems to be a bit off probably from the now always visible object, and when getting the smash ball the triforce shows up as a yellow square and is not connected the Links left hand the way it should, both of these looked the way they should in brawlbox

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 08:05:31 PM »

Wait, though, if you're only importing the one triforce thing, then if you use the "Import New Object" button and import only that polygon onto the original model, wouldn't that solve the visibility bone problem? If not, I'll tell you how, but I'd think this would be easier to do.

As for the yellow square part, would you mind sharing a screenshot?

LinkTahuterasuSpirit
    Expert Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 11:12:45 AM »

yea here's what happened as you can see Link is holding the sword and shield whale the sword and shield are also on his back, and you see that weird thing on the side of his gauntlet yea that was the triforce not sure why its over there and has no textures. also just to clarify what you said is what i did, i only imported the Triforces polygon

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 08:26:19 PM »

Ok, so the sword and shield on his back are super-easy to fix. In BrawlBox, expand the MDL0, expand the Objects folder, and, should be at the end, under Visibility Bone for the objects on his back, set them to the right ones. Look at the original Link MDL0 to know which visibility bones to use.

As for the other problem, do a test, with a temporary file, where you replace each and every texture with a single color(So that you can figure out what texture, or polygon, is being used on the side of the gauntlet like that), and also preview the animations in BrawlBox.(Open up the Model Previewer, expand the left tab, and when choosing which file to open, choose FitLinkMotionEtc.pac, and then Wait1, Wait2, and Wait3 are good choices to see general movement/rigging patterns) Also, since you said that it happens when he gets his smash ball, look at all the polygons in the Objects folder, and see which ones are set to the EyeYellowM visibility bone.

LinkTahuterasuSpirit
    Expert Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: January 21, 2017, 07:48:15 AM »

ok i almost got it i just need to find out how to fix the Textures of the triforce, again it looks good in brawl box but in game it looks like this any suggestions on how to fix this?

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2017, 06:58:05 PM »

Did you try what I suggested above with the color test? And if so, is this the result of the color test?

LinkTahuterasuSpirit
    Expert Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: January 21, 2017, 07:13:01 PM »

no this would have nothing to do with the color test, and just to clarify it looked good in Brawlbox when i first made the model, loading the model in Brawlbox now and i get the same uv mishap in the picture

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: