Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2]
Author Topic: (Solved) Index was out of range error in Brawlbox  (Read 10543 times)
windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #15 on: January 21, 2017, 07:19:58 PM »

Ok. Then in that case, play some animations from FitLinkMotionEtc.pac(Like mentioned above), but this time, I want you to expand the top bar in the model previewer, and enable vertices for the render. Now there should be green dots on the model. The first moment that you see any irregularities like in-game, use the left panel to scroll through each polygon by selecting individual polygons, and seeing when the irregular part on the hand gets covered with green dots. When you find that, that means that that particular polygon is the problem.

Post Merge: January 21, 2017, 07:20:46 PM
    If you don't see any irregularities when playing the animations, it's likely a problem with materials or shaders, but first try this, and just tell me if you do see the irregularities with this test.

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: January 21, 2017, 09:00:32 PM »

I can see that this problem was solved already but in case anybody else in the future is wondering this, that error is caused because theres a vertex point missing to be rigged

LinkTahuterasuSpirit
    Expert Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 06:53:40 AM »

Ok. Then in that case, play some animations from FitLinkMotionEtc.pac(Like mentioned above), but this time, I want you to expand the top bar in the model previewer, and enable vertices for the render. Now there should be green dots on the model. The first moment that you see any irregularities like in-game, use the left panel to scroll through each polygon by selecting individual polygons, and seeing when the irregular part on the hand gets covered with green dots. When you find that, that means that that particular polygon is the problem.

Post Merge: January 21, 2017, 07:20:46 PM
    If you don't see any irregularities when playing the animations, it's likely a problem with materials or shaders, but first try this, and just tell me if you do see the irregularities with this test.
    well its not the vertices but instead the material for reference this is how it looked on the original model   i have no clue how this happened or how to fix it

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2017, 09:59:29 AM »

Ok, I must admit, I was expecting either the vertices or a ref texture or alpha being the reason; I did not expect to see a UV that's different; so, not sure I can help you with that part. Wait, though, so you're saying that it does look fine in BrawlBox, though, so that wouldn't make sense that the UV should be the problem; the UV would change how it looks in BrawlBox. So now I'm really confused.

Post Merge: January 22, 2017, 10:01:06 AM
    Gamidame might have a good point, though; see if you can, in Max, rig any vertices that aren't yet rigged, and see if that's all you have to do.

Post Merge: January 22, 2017, 10:02:50 AM
    Also, if you still have the .blend file from before you exported from Blender, or if you can easily re-create that, would you mind uploading that, please, so I can take a look at it?
    « Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 10:02:50 AM by windhunter7 » Logged

LinkTahuterasuSpirit
    Expert Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: January 22, 2017, 01:07:57 PM »

Ok, I must admit, I was expecting either the vertices or a ref texture or alpha being the reason; I did not expect to see a UV that's different; so, not sure I can help you with that part. Wait, though, so you're saying that it does look fine in BrawlBox, though, so that wouldn't make sense that the UV should be the problem; the UV would change how it looks in BrawlBox. So now I'm really confused.

Post Merge: January 22, 2017, 10:01:06 AM
    Gamidame might have a good point, though; see if you can, in Max, rig any vertices that aren't yet rigged, and see if that's all you have to do.

Post Merge: January 22, 2017, 10:02:50 AM
    Also, if you still have the .blend file from before you exported from Blender, or if you can easily re-create that, would you mind uploading that, please, so I can take a look at it?
    well it only looked fine when i first imported it but now it looks like what happens in game, let me see if i can fix it, i forgot to delete the metal materials before importing to 3DSMAX so that might help.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2017, 01:09:33 PM »

Ok, well let me know what happens.

LinkTahuterasuSpirit
    Expert Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: January 22, 2017, 01:26:26 PM »

YES I DID IT! it was the medal materials that messed me up i think, ok so i remade the model fix with no medal materials on the models list when i first imported it to 3DSMAX and got it set up in brawlbox then first tested it with the triforce left visible at all times then i set the Triforce to the Final Smash visibility bone and regenerated metals and SUCCESS! now i need to set up the recolors, thanks for your help

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2017, 01:28:14 PM »

Np! Congrats! Glad you got it to work! Grin

Pages:  1 [2]
    Print
    Jump to: