Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Do not upgrade to Windows 10  (Read 2265 times)
UN
Expert Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: January 10, 2017, 06:58:02 PM »

It might have something to do with the PC, missing drivers, wrong programs, but when I upgraded my PC from Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit (I downgraded it to professional, and did not see if it had the same issue mind you), my Brawbox experience changed. Now the program will run, and the model viewer works, It's the textures that don't. What I mean is when opening model viewer, the textures won't show for most characters, and only some will appear for others. This may be an issue I am having on my own, if you have already upgraded to Windows 10 (pro 32 bit is my version encase you were wondering), but don't have this issue, I am in great need of your assistance, and help would be deeply appreciated by me and anyone else who shares this problem. I have take four screenshots of what they look like to give you a better perspective.

Notice how Luigi's only has his overalls textures are not showing, and Ganondorf's armour is showing. It may be my OS, or it may be that Brawlbox doesn't (fully) support Windows 10.

If you have Windows 10 and brawlbox works properly for you, then please help me solve this issue. I like Windows 10 and don't want to have to downgrade back to Windows 7 unless I have to. I want to at least try to get Brawbox working for me with Windows 10.

EDIT (11/01/2017): This issue has been solved.
    « Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 12:12:12 AM by Ruku » Logged

Inactive

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 08:15:52 PM »

Although I don't know what's causing that to happen, I know it's not the computer, because the 3d model loads fine, which is the only part that would actually require anything like DirectX or that sort of thing. When the model is white like that, all that means is that either the rendering program(i.e. BrawlBox) is not showing it with the textures(Which, depending on which version of BrawlBox you're using, may or may not make the polygons invisible when you disable rendering the textures), or it means that the materials aren't referencing the right textures and/or have had those references deleted. However, my guess would be the former, based on that those look like un-edited models. I may be wrong though. So what I need from you is, the BrawlBox version that you're using, and also directly upload the files from those screenshots so that I can see if my computer also renders them like that. I also need you to screenshot your Previews again, but this time(For each character), also expand the left tab in the viewer.

UN
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 08:49:03 PM »

Although I don't know what's causing that to happen, I know it's not the computer, because the 3d model loads fine, which is the only part that would actually require anything like DirectX or that sort of thing. When the model is white like that, all that means is that either the rendering program(i.e. BrawlBox) is not showing it with the textures(Which, depending on which version of BrawlBox you're using, may or may not make the polygons invisible when you disable rendering the textures), or it means that the materials aren't referencing the right textures and/or have had those references deleted. However, my guess would be the former, based on that those look like un-edited models. I may be wrong though. So what I need from you is, the BrawlBox version that you're using, and also directly upload the files from those screenshots so that I can see if my computer also renders them like that. I also need you to screenshot your Previews again, but this time(For each character), also expand the left tab in the viewer.
    Ah, I forgot to mention that these were taken from 4 different versions of Brawlbox, working from 68-71, and each screenshot from those different brawlbox versions, but all with the exact same textures missing, and these are unedited pac files (pcs shows no difference and have the same issue). These files are unedited, but funny enough all of MarioDK's files work perfectly and so does Link for some reason. When I first opened the file (FitMario00.pac) and noticed missing textures, I didn't come straight here. I tried to see if Mario was the issue, but as it turns out only some of the textures will show, be it edited or not. So it may be that the DirectX isn't compatible with Windows 10, or I have the wrong one. I have version 11 I think, and I don't know how to check.
    Also as a side note, I tried all the files in the screenshot (and more) with each version of Brawlbox that I have (68 up to 71) and they all appear the same as shown.

Post Merge: January 11, 2017, 12:09:44 AM
    I figured out what's wrong. I installed the Intel Express 945 graphics chipset, which wouldn't install otherwise, so I had to install an older version of the graphics driver to my pc.

In other words the problem is solved and I now know that Windows 10 wasn't the issue, so by all means everyone. Install windows 10 to you hearts content! Cheesy
    « Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 12:09:44 AM by Ruku » Logged

Inactive

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 09:55:57 PM »

Glad you got it fixed! Smiley

Though, I do apologize for not helping. Shocked

UN
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 02:25:59 PM »

Glad you got it fixed! Smiley

Though, I do apologize for not helping. Shocked
    At least you tried, but the issue has been solved, and quickly I might add.

Inactive

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: