Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fighter 80 Possible?  (Read 1681 times)
HyperHandCRazy
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: February 04, 2017, 08:16:24 PM »

I was recently looking over ebola16 brawlex advancement topic when I came across the idea of 105 characters its just the css roster would not care if you added one more character than 100 so I decided to put the the bx_fighter.rel in hex editor to see if this had anything to do with it and I believe it does. When I checked it showed that the only ids that exsisted were 3f to 7f on things such as the FighterInternalNames so I decided to add an 80 id to everywhere where I saw 7a 7b 7c 7d 7e 7f than I would put 80. It seemed successful but once I loaded the projectm launcher a black screen would only appear so if someone can help it might open the possibility to more brawlex slots than just 100. If you need the file just ask. Smiley
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 08:17:17 PM by HyperHandCRazy » Logged

Ebola16
Importer of Dreams
Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 11:17:17 PM »

Looking at PhantomWings's most recent posts is a good source for learning about module editing. Your black screen problem is likely due to misaligned ASM. You'll need to make sure section sizes are properly calculated, which may involve padding. There may also be routines that need to be edited elsewhere to accommodate the extra data. Unfortunately I can't offer much more help than those recent posts.

I can provide some information about Brawlex's workings though. bx_fighter.rel can already load 128 characters (which are slots 0x00 through 0x7F). Adding a 129th slot (0x80) would be neat to accomplish but that won't address the limits of the CSS (although button activator codes may be able to load alt information without dependency on the CSS).

The CSS modifications are controlled by common3's sora_menu_sel_char.rel (which loads further modifications from sc_selcharacter.pac). I think I have the sc_selcharacter.pac modifications already figured out. Understanding sora_menu_sel_char.rel is the final (and biggest) hurdle.

My idea is to isolate and remove the CSSRoster.dat dependency from BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x's sora_menu_sel_char.rel so the custom random and custom css codes can be used once again with Brawlex for loading more than 100 CSS slots. This is not going well however.

At least PhantomWings told us what changes were made for alt CSP loading in BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x
    The external CSP loader more or less stands as it's own unit inside sora_menu_sel_char.rel (Common3's MiscData[13].rel file). The only reason it's paired up with the CSS Roster Expansion is that their hook points both happen to be in there.

I'm pretty booked for this coming weekend and the next, so I don't think I'll be able to help you any time soon, but if you'd like to look into it yourself, you can take a look at the module in Resources\Common3 of the 2.0.0.x package and try to extract the changes yourself. There are 3 things that you'll need to copy out from the module into a vanilla sora_menu_sel_char.rel module. The hook is at section[1] 0x1109C while the corresponding hook routine is at section[7] 0x0. There's also a directory string at section[5] 0xE40 that you'll need to copy and/or change depending on where you want to load from.

Best of luck.

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: