Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [Advanced] How to Get a PM PSA to Work in Brawl  (Read 8544 times)
KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « on: March 31, 2017, 09:29:17 AM »

Hey there. If you're familiar with my Brawl to PM porting tutorial (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77456.0), then I'm sure you know what you're here for.

That's right! I'll be teaching everyone how to port a PM PSA to Brawl.

For the most part, if you're familiar with my aforementioned tutorial, the process should be pretty simple, except with one disclaimer: The initial Project M cast may have module or GCT coding which enables or disables certain things for them. In this case, you'll need to do one of three things, or a combination of the three.

1.) If you have experience with Module editing, look inside their Module, and search for the section that relates to what you want to port from PM, and apply that to your Brawl Module.

2.) If the PM character has GCT codes needed for certain things to work, then you'll have to find which GCT code does what's needed, and insert that into your own GCT.

3.) Manually PSA code the character's functions. A direct example of this would be my Brawl port of Project M Lucario. I needed to do some manual PSA coding to get the On Hit Cancel and Aura system to work properly.

Since we have that out of the way, let's get started!

1.) Dash Sub Action
    Start by opening up your PSA, and going to the Dash Sub Action (Sub Action 0xE). In there, you'll find a Goto command with the Value 9019F6E8. Nop this command. For the most part, this will be in the Main tab, but if it's not there, then look in the other three tabs (GFX, SFX, and Other).

2.) Jab Sub Actions
    For this part, you'll be going into the Attack11/12/13 Sub Actions (Sub Actions 0x48, 0x49, and 0x4A). In here, you'll search the four tabs for a Goto command with the Value 0x9019D080. Nop this command when you find it.

After that, you'll need to adjust the placement of the Bit Variable Set commands to occur sometime after the hitboxes terminate. Look at a Brawl character to get a good understanding of where these commands need to be.

3.) Aerial Attack Sub Actions
    For this part, you'll be going into the AttackAirN/F/B/Hi/Lw Sub Actions (Sub Actions 0x62, 0x63, 0x64, 0x65, and 0x66). Here, you'll look through the four tabs for a Goto command with the Value 0x9019C168. Nop this command.

4.) CliffCatch Sub Action.
    For this part, you just need to go to the CliffCatch Sub Action (Sub Action 0xD5), and change the first Asynchronous Timer in the GFX and SFX tabs to activate on Frame 1.

5.) CapturePulled Sub Actions.
    For this part, you'll need apply a Sound Effect command (use SFX ID 0x53) in the following Sub Actions: CapturePulledHi (Sub Action 0x7E), CapturePulledLw (Sub Action 0x81), CapturePulledSnake (Sub Actions 0x84 and 0x87), CapturePulledDxSnake (Sub Actions 0x8A and 0x8D), CapturePulledBigSnake (Sub Actions 0x90 and 0x93)

6.) Variable Changing.
    If your character has custom attacks that use custom Variables, you may need to change those Variables. Use the following thread to know which Variables you can use. http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=74266.0
    Take note that you do not need to change the Variables the game already uses for certain things (ex: Jabs, Aerials, Special Actions, etc).

These six steps are essential to making your PM character properly functional in Brawl, but don't think you're done yet, as there's still a few things you need to do to make your character's moveset actually fit in a Brawl environment, such as editing Attributes and Hitboxes, though you'll need to figure out how to go at that yourself.

If you run into any issues and/or have any questions, don't hesitate to reply.
    « Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 06:11:13 AM by KingJigglypuff » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

CARLCGL
    Intermediate Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 10:31:14 AM »

Hi, there's a way to get the animations ro work in the ported psa?

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 10:42:54 AM »

Why is this even a question? Just use the Project M Fighter's FitFighterMotionEtc.pac and replace/insert the Brawl-specific animations. Example: Replace the EscapeN animation with Brawls, since Brawl air dodging doesn't end in helpless.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

CARLCGL
    Intermediate Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 01:30:27 PM »

I asked that because  i tried to port a pm sheik with bouncing fish and while  I already did these steps and replace the motionect.pac it would play the animation when she transforms with a bit of momentum and then t pose instead of the jumping kick. It happened with other psas too,  sorry I asked so vaguely in first place.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 01:33:14 PM »

If you have both the moveset and animation files, then you shouldn't be getting that T-Posing.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

CARLCGL
    Intermediate Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 01:49:54 PM »

I'll try it again,  maybe i didn't pay enough attention while replacing the files
    « Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 01:57:59 PM by KingJigglypuff » Logged

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 01:59:03 PM »

If you still have the T-Posing issue after you've verified, take a look at the Down Special Action, and see which Sub Actions it references, then go to those Sub Actions and see if their names match any animations you have in your Motion file.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

CARLCGL
    Intermediate Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 12:39:31 AM »

My problem was that in mi ROM there is a common-en.pac that also has sheik motionetc files, I think I needed to report it in case there are other like me,  btw it worked great thanks.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: August 05, 2017, 09:31:10 AM »

Oh, for the common.pac, common4.pac, and common5.pac files, you can just use the ones from PM. Those files contain the animation files for transformation Fighters, but if you null those files like PM did, the motion files will be read from the respective Fighter's folder.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: December 16, 2018, 06:02:25 AM »

A year old bump, I know, but I've discovered an additional thing one must do when porting a PM moveset to Brawl. It requires going to the CapturePulled Sub Actions, and inserting a Sound Effect command into them (the SFX ID is 0x53). I'll update the OP with the exact Sub Action IDs and names.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Blueblur22
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: August 07, 2019, 07:20:40 PM »

Hey, I've recently used these methods in transferring a PM Metal Sonic PSA into vbrawl with some success except with its black shield not showing up and the game freezing once the match is over. Any idea why that is happening?

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: