Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Editing In-Game Character Names  (Read 1608 times)
Pauline
Newbie Kitten

Be good... or good at it!

View Profile Awards
« on: April 11, 2017, 03:17:07 PM »

Good evening all,

I am having a minor roadblock that I was hoping someone could help me with.

So, I've got the inner-workings of this Peach replacement I'm working on almost all together.  I have the Character Select screen, In-Game Battle Portrait, Stock, and Results screen photo for the character changed.  I even have the name changed on the select screen, and in the Results and Systems screen (via GECKO cheat on Dolphin).

I just cannot, for the life of me, find out how to change the name used in the actual match.  I've searched and have not found anything specific, and I've swapped all the nameplates in the files, but I have but been able to change the character name in the match (nor have I seen files that look like they would be for the name in the match-screen).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  After many hours of hands-on rooting around and trial and error, and looking at videos that haven't really helped (they never go into the game after showing how to edit to show the results), I was hoping someone here might have the magic bullet.  It's literally the last thing I need for my mod to be complete.

Thank you in advance!

Ebola16
Importer of Dreams
Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 01:17:52 PM »

Have you tried replacing MenSelchrChrNmS.121 in ...\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\info2\info.pac -> MiscData[30] -> Textures(NW4R)?

That'll cover Brawl mode. If you want the name to show up in other modes you'll need to make the appropriate changes to other files in the info2 folder. I think they share the same MiscData[30] structure so it shouldn't be too hard.

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: