Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [Novice] How to Make an Aerial Special a One Time Use Move  (Read 5481 times)
KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « on: April 24, 2017, 02:21:46 PM »

Edit: This tutorial has been updated, as the previous tutorial has been since outdated thanks to the introduction of PSA Compressor.

Hey again, everyone. I have yet again another A/A tutorial for you all. This tutorial will teach you what you need to do to make a recovery Special not end in Special Fall, but can only be used once until landing or getting hit.

For starters, you'll need to make the Special end in the Falling Action (E), rather than the Special Falling Action (10). If your Action already ends in the Falling Action, then you don't need to do this.

After that, you'll need to dedicate a Variable (use this thread to know which Variables you can use: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=74266.0 Use this page to know which Variables are already used be the game: http://tinyurl.com/p4ojsod). You'll also need to know the Interrupt ID and Status ID your Special uses. The Interrupt ID uses the same values as the Allow Specific Interrupt commands, while Status IDs use their own values (http://tinyurl.com/znawgke).

For this tutorial, we'll be using LA-Bit[70] to disable Up Special.

Open your Fighter's moveset file in PSA Compressor, and navigate yourself to the Data tab, then go to the Misc tab before selecting and right clicking on ExtraActionInterrupts. If your Fighter already has one, you'll be given the option to open the associated Sub Routine. If your Fighter doesn't, it'll give you the option to create one. Click the option depending on what your Fighter has.

If your Fighter already has an ExtraActionInterrupt Sub Routine, you'll more than likely see at least one Set Status ID Interrupt command. What the command does is allow usage of the associated Status ID if the associated requirement is met. For example, in Snake's ExtraActionInterrupt Sub Routine, the two commands will allow him to use Up Special (Grounded and Aerial) if LA-Bit[61] isn't set. Though for the most part, the grounded version of the command is unnecessary.

If your Fighter doesn't have an ExtraActionInterrupt Sub Routine, your newly created one should have a "No Event" command. Change that to a Set Status ID Interrupt command (02050400), and alter it to your liking.

For the tutorial's example, we'll use the following for the command:
    Set Status ID Interrupt: Interrupt=B, ID=2773, Requirement=Not Bit is Set:LA-Bit[70]

Now in order to clear the Variable when landing or getting hurt, insert a Bit Variable Clear command that clears your Bit into the following Sub Actions (you can just use a Sub Routine with a Bit Variable Clear command and paste it into these Sub Actions):
    Wait1
    WaitItem
    JumpSquat
    LandingLight
    LandingHeavy
    LandingFallSpecial
    LandingAirN
    LandingAirF
    LandingAirB
    LandingAirHi
    LandingAirLw
    CaptureCut
    CaptureJump
    DamageAir1
    DamageAir2
    DamageAir3
    DamageFlyHi
    DamageFlyN
    DamageFlyLw
    DamageFlyTop
    DamageFlyRoll
    DamageElec
    Swallowed
    CliffCatch
    SwimUp
    SwimUpDamage
    ItemLegsLanding
    LadderCatchAirR
    LadderCatchAirL
    EntryR
    EntryL
    The last step is for you to insert a Bit Variable Set command in the Sub Action associated with the Special you want to have disabled after use.
    « Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 01:57:36 PM by KingJigglypuff » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

teh-myuutsu
    Banned
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 08:58:27 AM »

Please provide an example of the action disable code. Also, there are two "StatusID"s on Dantarion, so not specifying which one may confuse users.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 03:20:57 PM »

I can provide an example, sure, but there aren't two different Status IDs. They're the same IDs, except the left values are in Decimal, while the right values are in Hex. Example: 10000 (Decimal) = 2710 (Hex).

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 10:52:16 AM »

This tutorial has been updated, as the previous tutorial has been since outdated thanks to the introduction of PSA Compressor.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: