Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [Solved] I'm having trouble with Project M.  (Read 1997 times)
Samyatang
Mega Kitten

Everything Is Peachy

View Profile Awards
« on: June 23, 2017, 08:23:45 PM »

So everything is fine with Project M. Until I decided to download the Smash 3C texture pack. I used the included GCT file for the costume expansion, and when I try to launch Project M, it keeps sending me to the Wii Menu, or loading up V brawl. It works perfectly when using the GCT that Project M 3.6 comes with, but when trying to use the one provided for the texture pack, it doesn't work properly. Any tips on what to do?  Kirby Dance
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 12:32:42 PM by Samyatang » Logged

DUMMY
Brawl Vault: No Report

I still have Pokerus.

• Awards Hot Topic RAGE!! Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 11:15:11 PM »

You shoudn't ever tinker with the Project m codelist unless you're very familiar with coding.

Samyatang
    Mega Kitten

Everything Is Peachy

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 12:30:05 AM »

OK, just one thing. Does the GCT file that is already included with PM 3.6 already include the costume expansion code? True I'm not too familiar with codes, but I know some basic things.

Post Merge: June 24, 2017, 09:33:03 AM
    And I also want to mention that the .GCT file that I'm using was included with the pack that I downloaded. So I just replaced the original .GCT file with the new one. So it just loads up the Wii Menu, which definitely isn't supposed to happen. I guess it's an issue with the launcher too. So if all else fails, I'll use Gecko OS. I'd be compromising that sleek layout, but it's worth it if that's the only way to get it to run. :\

UPDATE: Got everything to work, except for one big problem for me: Roy doesn't work. If I pick him and select a stage, the game soft freezes. :/
    « Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 12:01:25 PM by Samyatang » Logged

DUMMY
    Brawl Vault: No Report

I still have Pokerus.

• Awards Hot Topic RAGE!! Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 03:09:19 PM »

PMex clones don't work with that code.

Samyatang
    Mega Kitten

Everything Is Peachy

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 10:42:36 AM »

I found the solutions to my problem. I just forgot to put the gameconfig that came with the pack in the root of my SD card. Also, I forgot to include the .pac files for the movesets in the fighter files. Hey, I'm still learning these things. Anyway, thanks for the advice nonetheless.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: