Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Loading Collisions in a stage (please read!)  (Read 1998 times)
DownloadingStuffDuh
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: July 09, 2018, 04:24:19 AM »

Hello,
I've always wanted to make one of those stages where a platform flies around and stops at locations like Port Town Aero Dive or Delfino Plaza, or custom stages like Alternative Mario Circuit.

I took a look at these and, of course, it's a little challenging for me to understand. But what I've noticed is that in the animation for the stage, you can see that collisions appear (e.g. when the platform lands at a specific place) and disappear (when the platform picks up the fighters and starts flying around again). From my understanding, it's nearly impossible to make collisions in an animation, due to the fact that you can only edit them on the first frame and nowhere else.

So, I was wondering, how can I "animate" collisions so they appear / disappear when I want them to in an animation? Do I have to program? Or is it easier than that?

(why am I even bothering to post this, so many questions here are unanswered)

Roadhog360
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 04:26:21 PM »

My idea for the main platform would be making a main collision tied to the central platform via bones, and then animate that platform to go under the stage. And then when you're ready for it to pick up the fighters, animate it to go back through the stage to the playable area.

DownloadingStuffDuh
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 01:04:01 PM »

Thank you, even though I already figured it out.
If you want to Load / Unload collisions, make a bone for said collision, then scale the bone to 0 if you want to unload it. If you want the collision to load, scale the bone to 1.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: