Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Homebrew Crash  (Read 1612 times)
CerberusComplex
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: August 12, 2017, 12:58:02 AM »

So I was able to set up Homebrew on Dolphin using a homebrew wad file, and it was working perfectly with Gecko and Homebrew Browser. I was ready to start hacking SSBB, so I downloaded a character for Captain Falcon and put it in the correct file path(?): E:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\Fighter\Captain. "E:" is my virtual SD card. I tried launching Homebrew again, but Dolphin crashed as soon as it started. It keeps doing this now, even when I tried removing the character files and returning the SD card to the state it worked in. I deleted the homebrew.wad and installed a new one. It keeps crashing.

I realized I hadn't unlocked Captain Falcon yet when I tried to load up Homebrew (I thought he was one of the starting characters, lol.) Did I ruin Homebrew forever? pls help.

Also my files didn't come from a real Wii console, I'm 100% emulating a Wii.

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 08:31:04 AM »

I don't know much about using a virtual SD with Dolphin, but what I do know is that, if it's a file in a fighter folder, it will ONLY ever crash in the CSS, and never on startup of Dolphin; hope this helps narrow down the likely problem

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: