Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2]
Author Topic: [Intermediate] Custom My Music + Custom My Music Title Usage  (Read 16931 times)
KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine
Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: February 25, 2018, 02:21:37 PM »

So do I need to add a code for every single stage, even the ones that aren't using custom My Music entries?
    Yes, or else those stages will be silent, in addition to being locked if selecting them in My Music.

Also, if I ever wish to change any of my song titles, do I have to always do that through HEX?
    Yes, in addition to altering the amount of bytes your name length is in the code itself.

Does this make the song lists in my MiscData7 within the mu_menumain.pac useless?
    If you already have a title for a specific track ID, you won't need a code for that specific track. If you want to use your mu_menumain.pac over the title codes, you can do just that.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

jackal27
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: February 27, 2018, 10:59:27 PM »

Ok, thanks for the quick reply! Still trying to wrap my head around this, but I'm learning as I go. A couple more questions if that's alright.

If I don't add the codes for the special stages, will those stages be silent like you said? Also, can I add my Song Title Setting Codes into one long code in Code Manager or do they each need to be added individually? Does that just help keep them sorted and labeled? Just asking because I have a lot of additional music using the CSE. Something like 300 additional songs so that will really crowd my RSBE01.txt lol.

Also, you said I could use my mu_menumain.pac over the title codes. Does that mean a method like this (I've used this method before) would also work for adding My Music song titles? http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=72406.0

EDIT: Last one. Where would I find out how to expand my gameconfig.txt if I need to? Things seem to be working right now, but I'm afraid if I keep adding these song title codes, eventually I'll hit a code limit.
    « Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 01:27:02 AM by jackal27 » Logged

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: February 28, 2018, 07:38:01 AM »

If I don't add the codes for the special stages, will those stages be silent like you said?
    Special stages (Target Test, Homerun Contest, etc) require its own code to enable expanded tracks, so unless you have that code, you don't need to use the specific codes for Special Stages.

Also, can I add my Song Title Setting Codes into one long code in Code Manager or do they each need to be added individually? Does that just help keep them sorted and labeled? Just asking because I have a lot of additional music using the CSE. Something like 300 additional songs so that will really crowd my RSBE01.txt lol.
    I have a feeling you would get conflicts if you tried to merge everything into one code. Even if it didn't, it would be hell to try and find out which track was which if you ever wanted to go back and alter your track name.

Also, you said I could use my mu_menumain.pac over the title codes. Does that mean a method like this (I've used this method before) would also work for adding My Music song titles? http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=72406.0
    Yes, that should work. Except you would use the Expansion IDs instead.

Last one. Where would I find out how to expand my gameconfig.txt if I need to? Things seem to be working right now, but I'm afraid if I keep adding these song title codes, eventually I'll hit a code limit.
    Go to JOJI's website, go to the SSBB Codes section, and look for "256 lines unlimited text V2". That's what I use for my gameconfig.txt.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

jackal27
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: February 28, 2018, 10:12:51 AM »

Awesome! Thank you so much for all of this! This code is literally a dream of mine since Brawl's release!

If I end up getting my mu_menumain.pac working for this, I'll make a version to upload here with title slots for CSE3.0's brstms.

Post Merge: March 02, 2018, 01:01:26 AM
    Heya! SO new problem. Everything seems to be working fine on my regular stages, but with my Expansion stages (I'm testing with Custom01) the added music slots pop up in My Music just fine, but then when I go to play the game, I just get what I believe is Final Destination's theme? Is there an extra step for custom stages that I'm missing? Do I need to do or change something with the Stage Expansion Tool? Is there a code I missed somewhere?

EDIT: Taking a 2nd look at it, it appears that this code hasn't been working for me Expansion stages from the beginning, because the code even says to play the SSBB Main Theme and they don't.

EDIT 2: NEVERMIND! I figured it out. This expansion template had some left over Stage Dependent Song Loader code that was interfering and had to be removed. I'll leave this post up for anyone else who runs into the same situation.
    « Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 11:31:16 PM by jackal27 » Logged

Tyshy
    Lol Kitten

Super Smash Sisters Creator

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: July 22, 2019, 07:17:59 PM »

ok so mine work, but for some reason after the first match the custom songs become silent am I missing a code?

Super Smash Sisters Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SmashSistersFinalConflict/?fref=nf

Smash Sisters Discord: https://discord.gg/QMwMgvg

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: December 15, 2020, 12:05:10 PM »

Due to P+'s tracklist system being superior in every way possible, I would recommend you use that instead of JOJI's CMM system.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Pages:  1 [2]
    Print
    Jump to: