Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Loading Mods Through a USB?  (Read 1956 times)
✦Dylan✦
Holocaust Mastermind
Extreme Kitten

Inactive, wont be returning

• Awards Tutorial Writer Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « on: September 24, 2017, 06:20:20 AM »

Is it possible to load smash mods through a USB as an SD card? I'm NOT asking how to use an SD card and USB Loader in conjunction.

I want to know if it's possible to have mods load directly through a USB, even if it means having a file on my SD card to redirect the system to the USB, it's only more logical as they tend to have more space, after 7 (8?) years of Brawl modding, this has to have been done by now.

If anyone can help me with doing this, thank you.

spiritpyros
    Extreme Kitten

justice will prevail

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Favorite'd Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 09:50:15 PM »

short answer why would you need it if most brawl mods packs take up 2-8 gbs and you can buy a sdhc card for cheap at walmart or whatever other store you go to and using a usb flashdrive for brawl mods is both outdated and far slower

Long answer
    the only way to use a usb for brawl mods is to use riivolution but that has not been made for current brawl mods cause of the fact that brawl mainly supports sd cards. there is also the fact that using a usb drive with riivolution is far slower then using a sd card and sd cards have a tendency of taking a minute to load mods. this is cause the wii hardly if ever uses the usb ports for games. there is also the fact that most brawl mods only use on average 2gb at most 8gb on the rare occasion due to the limits present in brawl's files keeping the size of most files pretty low meaning whats the point when you can get a 4gb sdhc card for for 4-6 U.S bucks. then there is also the fact that some people use the ports for harddrives to install wii games from the disc to the harddrive (unless your a pirate in which case you know what you will be doing instead.) rather then trying to force brawl to use files from a place that it does not normally read from
    « Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 09:52:54 PM by spiritpyros » Logged

✦Dylan✦
    Holocaust Mastermind
    Extreme Kitten

Inactive, wont be returning

• Awards Tutorial Writer Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 09:09:29 AM »

Oh, thanks for the actually informative answer, the point was I don't have too big an SD card and I already had a usb that would do the job, I'll just have to pick up a bigger SD card then.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: