Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BrawlBox Animation Issue  (Read 2143 times)
tyleto
Advanced Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Famous Hacker Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: October 24, 2017, 06:50:48 PM »

So I've been getting back into animating recently, and I'm not sure if it's just the way I do it or it's a glitch or setting in the program. How I'd usually animate is have the starting point at frame 1, and the next motion 5-15 frames ahead so the program automatically moves the bones so I don't have to do it frame by frame. However, there's an issue I don't think I had before (using BrawlBox v0.78 (I don't think I had an issue with this in earlier versions?)). If I do more than one of those movements, the previous one will have issues with bones that I did not edit. Example, I'm editing a Mario animation right now and all I did was move his current pose from frame 1 up and over until frame 23, then I added in a flipping animation and when I played it, the frames between 1 and 23 were messing up, moving the knees fingers. I did not edit the knees in either frame 1 or 3 but I did edit the fingers in both (they're the same pose, just different translations). Any way I could possibly fix this? Or am I just animating the lazy way and actually do it frame by frame, although some kind of fix would be optimal.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 08:05:36 PM »

Even though I don't know why it's doing that, I do know that if you animate with Blender and convert the animation with Maya, if done correctly, it's glitch free; If this would work as a workaround, just ask me, and I can give you the steps to do it

tyleto
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Famous Hacker Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 09:29:34 PM »

Even though I don't know why it's doing that, I do know that if you animate with Blender and convert the animation with Maya, if done correctly, it's glitch free; If this would work as a workaround, just ask me, and I can give you the steps to do it

I have a laptop and I've heard the laptop version of Blender is harder to use than the PC version, I've tried it myself for a render but I couldn't quite get it. I eventually did find a fix though. I just copied 1-23 frame before adding in the 29 frame pose. It worked and it's all flowing smoothly now (I'm pretty sure this won't be a fix for all occasions). Thanks for the advice though!

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: