Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Brawl mods on Android  (Read 1278 times)
Ebola16
Importer of Dreams
Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D

• Awards Famous Hacker Pin Collector Hot Topic Heart Container Good Citizen

• View Profile Awards
    « on: January 12, 2018, 11:18:12 AM »

It works! Gameplay is somewhat slow but we're getting close. There's also some obvious but possibly complicated changes that can allow better performance. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note8 but keep in mind that a lot of older phones can't even run Dolphin Emulator. My setup is loaded through Minima Launcher (Hook Fix) and combined with a virtual SDHC card. Gecko OS can also be used. I average ~37 FPS with Minima Launcher and Gecko OS.

Setting up a Dolphin environment for Android is similar to PC but some important settings haven't been implemented in the UI yet. If you get stuck on setup issues or driver bugs, https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/ is the best place to ask Dolphin-related questions. Thanks to the other Dolphin devs for making most of this possible!
    Note: They did most of the coding, not me.

Here is some non-intuitive information if you do decide to go for this. This project is under active development so these things may change:

1. The following issues involve missing Android UI options that should be manually set in the INIs:

2. Android: Add "Install WAD" to UI: IOS 36 needs to be installed for Gecko OS to work. IOS 21 is needed for masterpiece demo games to work when not booting from the game list. The "Install WAD" feature is needed for this but it is not implemented in the Android UI yet. I worked around this by moving the dolphin-emu folder to my computer, installing IOS via Dolphin on Windows, and moving it back.

3. Android: Can't detect save data in Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Something weird is going on with loading Wii save data on Android. This is still being investigated.

4. Android: Ubershaders appear to be completely recompiled every time: I personally don't want to use Android Ubershaders until this is fixed.

5. Minima Launcher and Gecko OS no longer require workarounds. Project M Launcher is the only launcher that can load masterpiece demo games but it suffers from Project M Launcher can't use DSP HLE Emulation (average FPS ~30)

Helpful information from JosJuice regarding applying a launcher workaround without changing global settings:
    The file 00000000.ini should get applied to all DOLs and ELFs and also the GameCube IPL (if you're choosing to boot into the IPL itself rather than booting to a game when the Skip IPL setting is disabled). It isn't possible to be more specific than that.
    « Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 09:09:09 AM by Ebola16 » Logged

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use NTSC-U Brawlex, Win 10, latest Dolphin Dev builds, and 3ds Max 2016 (3ds Max Guide). Refresh and see my imports!

Gamidame_K
    Heroic Kitten

I fade away and clasify myself as OBSOLETE

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 02:42:24 PM »

wait wat

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 10:41:15 PM »

Some recent high-end phones can run Brawl mods at about half speed on Android (very rough estimate). Setup is similar to Dolphin on Windows with the exception of the issues I posted above. I'm trying to make it easier for people to test this and hopefully tackle some of the emulator's issues.
    « Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 10:44:50 PM by Ebola16 » Logged

I use NTSC-U Brawlex, Win 10, latest Dolphin Dev builds, and 3ds Max 2016 (3ds Max Guide). Refresh and see my imports!

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 04:45:03 PM »

Minima Launcher not working correctly is fixed.

The version of Minima Launcher that includes a necessary Hook Fix hasn't been uploaded by the repo owner yet so you'll need to compile it yourself or download the one I compiled (http://www.mediafire.com/file/c80olbmtsjdlb11/MinimaLauncherHookFix.zip).
    « Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 10:59:15 PM by Ebola16 » Logged

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 10:45:26 PM »

Android: Gecko OS crashes is fixed. Minima Launcher and Gecko OS no longer need workarounds.
    « Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 11:07:52 PM by Ebola16 » Logged

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 12:03:36 AM »

geez

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: