Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [Solved! New Question!] About PSA's... Ignore: "Brawl hacks with USB Loader GX?"  (Read 88 times)
Valiant
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: July 11, 2018, 05:19:38 PM »

I found a video on Youtube from someone who goes by the name Diddz that goes over how to do what I was asking about before. Only drawback is Subspace Emissary can't be played. But it's a small price to pay to play with mods again. However, I now have a new question but felt it'd be better to edit this post rather than to create clutter by posting another thread...

I can't seem to figure out how to use BrawlEx with the USB Loader GX modified ISO(From my own Brawl Disc) So I thought I'd instead inquire of a different method. Since PSA's modify a moveset anyway, which I would assume also would modify bones and animations, etc... Is is possible to essentially "Clone" a character at the expense of losing a character? For example, could I clone Sonic over Dedede by taking Sonic's files within "Fighters" and rename them all like "FitDedede00.pac" etc and have 2 of Sonic? The reason I would want to do this is because I'm not entirely fond of ShadowKong or it's variants and would prefer a Shadow over Sonic PSA, but want to keep Sonic as well. If this is possible, would I also have to edit any instance within the .PAC and .PCS files for a Shadow over Sonic PSA to say Dedede instead? Or just the former thing where it's just the file names for the .pac and .pcs? Any help greatly appreciated

[Original Post]
Hello everyone, I joined here back in 2012 when my Wii could still read brawl but sort of disappeared once it started having the problem. But now I'm interested in returning to the Brawl modding scene again. As I mentioned, my Nintendo Wii unfortunately cannot read my Brawl disc anymore, and I don't wish to install Homebrew onto my Wii U... I've searched all over the internet and I can't seem to find any information on this..

I recently was able to make a digital back up of my own Brawl disc and so I got to wondering.. Is it possible to use Brawl hacks with a USB Loader such as USB Loader GX? Not ones like Project M or Legacy.. Just various skin hacks, 'PSA' hacks where it completely changes a character, etc.? I'm not too worried about music or stages. I mainly just want to use character mods. If it is possible, I would very much appreciate assistance in getting this set up. Thank you!
« Last Edit: Today at 07:07:52 AM by Valiant » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: