Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Which Dark Samus PSA should I have the model over?
The Top downloaded PSA? - 2 (66.7%)
Leave a comment - 1 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Currently Rigging Smash Ultimate Dark Samus  (Read 8041 times)
BraveDragonWolf
Supreme Kitten

People hate me...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Renowned Hacker Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: February 20, 2019, 12:55:22 PM »

This model's gonna have a few bone translation edits for fluid rigging (Get over it) and I need to know a good Dark Samus PSA to put it over. I'm still using an old one but I forgot who made it.

I'm tempted to make my rigs as fluid as I can.

Lasercraft32
    Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 02:21:56 PM »

Maybe someone will make an Ultimate moveset for dark samus, it's possible right??? If not, then I guess just use the most downloaded moveset.

Modding is just a hobby of mine.

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 08:40:50 PM »

Why would you do that? Editing the boneset, I mean. Well, sure, whatever floats your boat, but having a modified bone rig only makes it so your model won't work properly for any other PSA, and even the default movesets at vBrawl/PM.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

BraveDragonWolf
    Supreme Kitten

People hate me...

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 08:28:07 AM »

Why would you do that? Editing the boneset, I mean. Well, sure, whatever floats your boat, but having a modified bone rig only makes it so your model won't work properly for any other PSA, and even the default movesets at vBrawl/PM.

Do you really not know that I can edit whatever animation file for any moveset to keep the bones looking proper? It's not gonna ruin anything...I do it all the time for most of my imports. Have you even downloaded at least one of my imports? Like Smash Ultimate Ridley?

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 02:46:12 PM »

Well, YOU can do. But people who download your model won't be able to use with whichever moveset they want.

I'm quite sure that you can change translations on the animation file itself, so there's hardly need to alter the basic skeleton rig, unless of course the model is going to be ONLY specific for that PSA (like Mewtwo has a modified Lucario skeleton to suit the moveset better), in which case if anyone ever wants that model over the basic Lucario skeleton they have, well... to basically re-do the rigging.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

BraveDragonWolf
    Supreme Kitten

People hate me...

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 07:52:51 PM »

Well, YOU can do. But people who download your model won't be able to use with whichever moveset they want.

I'm quite sure that you can change translations on the animation file itself, so there's hardly need to alter the basic skeleton rig, unless of course the model is going to be ONLY specific for that PSA (like Mewtwo has a modified Lucario skeleton to suit the moveset better), in which case if anyone ever wants that model over the basic Lucario skeleton they have, well... to basically re-do the rigging.

Well, I was planning to have it over the top downloaded dark samus PSA anyway since no one really cares right now. I have a certain style in modding and if some people can't deal with it, well shame on me for being different. I just really HATE editing the models to fit the original skeleton. I'm all about high quality mods.

It's like this: I really like what I'm seeing from the Classic Ridley moveset...Too bad it's for BrawlEX. I can't use BrawlEX because I use USBLoader GX to play my custom build since my Wii disc drive is no longer working. I don't complain about not having that moveset for VBrawl. So I keep the old sluggish moveset that's over Pit. A lot of other people don't use or can't use Project M or BrawlEX for certain reasons which I don't know. There's some things I would like to have from BrawlEX or maybe PM...but can't get it because it won't work.

So deal with it...

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 01:41:33 AM »

...i'm just going to steer clear from the apparently umbrage here. Yikes.

BrawlEx doesn't work for you on a USB loader? Being in Australia, that's my only option to do Brawl stuff on console, and I'd got it working with BrawlEx, what issue do you have with it?

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

BraveDragonWolf
    Supreme Kitten

People hate me...

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 07:41:59 AM »

...i'm just going to steer clear from the apparently umbrage here. Yikes.

BrawlEx doesn't work for you on a USB loader? Being in Australia, that's my only option to do Brawl stuff on console, and I'd got it working with BrawlEx, what issue do you have with it?

Probably won't matter because I know I may have file size or memory size issues. So I don't bother. I tried to do CBliss one time, couldn't even get anything to show up or work. I'm just not too wild about stuff like that. I also know there's a memory expansion code somewhere...

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2019, 02:11:25 PM »

Yeah, something is definitely wrong on your end. I've been running BrawlEX just fine since day one on USB Loader.

As for your reasons for the way you rig, they're valid. No need to be on the defensive. I just think it's kind of a waste to use your time to rig a character (it definitely takes a while if you're doing a quality rig) for it to only work with one moveset.

EDIT: Project M also works with USB Loader (but you need to know how to adapt it since the creators meant for it to be played with the disc always). Anyway, you CAN use stuff from it even if you can't play it...
    « Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 02:15:04 PM by Ricky » Logged

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

BraveDragonWolf
    Supreme Kitten

People hate me...

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 06:27:33 PM »

Yeah, something is definitely wrong on your end. I've been running BrawlEX just fine since day one on USB Loader.

As for your reasons for the way you rig, they're valid. No need to be on the defensive. I just think it's kind of a waste to use your time to rig a character (it definitely takes a while if you're doing a quality rig) for it to only work with one moveset.

EDIT: Project M also works with USB Loader (but you need to know how to adapt it since the creators meant for it to be played with the disc always). Anyway, you CAN use stuff from it even if you can't play it...

Ya know...I've been doing this for a long time and haven't got any complaints about my imports about it being for one moveset and I know what quality rigging takes. I'm gonna re-rig the dark samus model without any bone edits and see what I come up with. (I don't understand why would anyone would use any older dark samus models though...Ultimate dark samus isn't even high poly)
    « Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 06:31:47 PM by BraveDragonWolf » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: