Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Character costume/alt won't load  (Read 2555 times)
Aron
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: July 08, 2019, 08:30:40 PM »

So I decided to make my very first mod today. I did a costume for Sonic. After I made it, I tried to test it out with PM. I put the alt over Sonic's red PM alt. I lauched training mode, selected the red alt and when I entered the game the costume doesn't even load. It just loads Sonic's red alt from VBrawl, meaning that the gane didn't even load the .pac or .pcs file at all. I checked the other costumes and they all worked fine. 

Does anyone know why this happens?

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 03:06:09 PM »

You had both FitSonic01.pac and FitSonic01.pcs?

Aron
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 01:09:39 PM »

You had both FitSonic01.pac and FitSonic01.pcs?
    Yes, I had both in there.

Post Merge: July 17, 2019, 02:00:58 PM
    Alright, it turns out that the file size is too big

How do I reduce it?
    « Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 02:00:58 PM by Aron » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 12:11:59 AM »

You can lower the polycount/vertex count of the model, but the odds are that it's probably because the textures are too hi-res, the easiest way to lower that is to export the textures, and then replace the textures with themselves, and in the import settings, half the dimensions and click Apply, and, if it doesn't need a palette or alpha or anything, also change the format to CMPR

This scaling down is major for filesize reduction for the following reason: Every single pixel in every texture has multiple data, which are location of the pixel in the texture, level of alpha (A 1-byte scale of value), and then the color (Which is done via a 1-byte scale of value for each red, green, and blue value, so 3 bytes in total), a total would be approximately 5 bytes. For every single pixel. Take, for example, a texture that has a resolution of 512x512 (Standard for a lot of the vBrawl costumes), that would be 512x512x5 bytes = 1310720 bytes = 1310 kilobytes = 1.3 megabytes; make this texture half the size, and it actually goes down to 256x256x5 bytes = 327680 bytes = 328 kilobytes, which is much, much smaller in filesize; add the CMPR compression on there, instead of the regular CI8 compression, and you're looking at very few kilobytes

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: