Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Having issues loading mods on my Wii  (Read 4111 times)
Giga Man
Extreme Kitten

Mega Man is in Smash!

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « on: March 18, 2020, 03:07:25 PM »

Hello to anyone who is still here!

So, I've been out of the modding scene for a very long time, and I'm very rusty on my knowledge. I'm trying to load up some of my old collection of Brawl mods, but I can't get anything to show up but a regular Brawl. Well, not completely regular. The codes seem to work, as my CSS is altered, but nothing really changed. I've tried running it through CFG USB Loader, and with the game disc. The result is the same. I've even tried running a pre-made modpack, PMEX: Remix 0.7b to be exact, but still nothing. The game just boots straight into the CSS, which I assume is a part of the coding.

So, in short, the codes register, but the mods don't. I swear I have everything where it needs to be. (Root:)/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf and all the rest. What am I missing?

Is there a more streamlined process to loading mods nowadays?

EDIT: OK, apparently I forgot I can't run hacks through a 16GB SDHC card. So, I dug up an old 2GB SD card and everything is working as intended. Problem solved!

Although... I could have sworn I read somewhere that there was a way to run hacks on any SD card of any size, but I didn't read too much into it... Was I mistaken? I would appreciate some clarification on this.
    « Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 09:21:08 PM by Giga Man » Logged

Chiller7
    Advanced Kitten

Hominem te esse memento

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 09:45:06 PM »

Glad to see it works now, but it's a bit weird. I use a 16GB SDHC card to play Project M, and it seems to work. I also use CFG USB Loader since my Wii can't read dual layered discs anymore, and as far as I can remember, I didn't have to make additional configurations to make that SD card work.

Could it be the SD card format?

Giga Man
    Extreme Kitten

Mega Man is in Smash!

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 07:39:21 PM »

Glad to see it works now, but it's a bit weird. I use a 16GB SDHC card to play Project M, and it seems to work. I also use CFG USB Loader since my Wii can't read dual layered discs anymore, and as far as I can remember, I didn't have to make additional configurations to make that SD card work.

Could it be the SD card format?

I have no idea. My card format is FAT32. Is yours different? I am at a total lo ss here.
    « Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 07:40:14 PM by Giga Man » Logged

Chiller7
    Advanced Kitten

Hominem te esse memento

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 07:51:58 PM »

Mine is FAT32 too, I think that's the suggested format. I'm honestly clueless on what could it be.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 05:32:49 AM »

If you're using SDHC, you'll need SDHC Extension 1.1[Reinsertion support]

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: