Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can anyone recommend someone to commission for animations?  (Read 3005 times)
Captain ATG
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: April 13, 2020, 08:07:34 PM »

I have the concept for my character all worked out. I've shelled out $150 for a professionally-made model. I then got to work trying to rig and animate him. The first time I ever tried animating, (using a prototype model, the likes of which will never be seen or heard of again, and the memories of which I will take to my grave) it went disastrously. Attacks either looked too slow or too fast, and I didn't even have a full moveset. Just a few poorly animated moves that would be put onto a one-slot of an already pre-existing character.

The point is, I want him to look good this time, at least.

As more and more time passes, however, I've come to realize something...I have neither the knowledge or the passion required to animate this character myself. Maybe I'm too much of a perfectionist. Maybe I'm over-ambitious. Maybe I'm just lazy. All three are probably true in some form or another.

All I know is, I'm going to leave animation up to someone who knows what they're doing. I need to save a bit of money for something like this, so in the meantime, I'll take some suggestions. Does anyone know a good animator to go to for commissions? I'll have every reference they need at the ready, as well as the money when I'm finally ready to make this happen.  I'm a bit desperate at this point. Been working on this project for a few years now, and I just want it done now so I can move on with other plans. No matter what it takes.

Thanks to everyone who offers a suggestion, in advance.

Ricky (Br3)
KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 08:15:34 PM »

I know plenty of users who are good with animations, but I don't know if any of them would be interested in taking commissions.

I personally see nothing wrong with being paid to animate by someone who has the money but not the skill or time to dedicate to it.

Good luck!

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Captain ATG
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 03:13:38 PM »

Well, it doesn't necessarily have to be a user on Brawl Vault. I'll take whoever I can get if they can work with 3D models and animate for 2.5D fighters. (Let's face it, Smash Bros. is more of a fighting game at this point.)

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 08:25:10 PM »

I do commissions for animations, but only through Blender, I don't charge for the conversion part (And I haven't experimented with the conversions yet either); on top of that, I have a super long waitlist that's currently a couple months long or so, but if both those things are fine, you can check more info such as my pricing on my website

Captain ATG
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 06:20:35 PM »

Sure. I can wait a couple months. Although...according to my ever annoying frienemy Black Kyurem, my character needs to be re-rigged AGAIN, because apparently, custom skeletons aren't allowed to have more bones than the vanilla boneset it's based off of. There are a few that I can think to get rid of, but as for fitting it all in...I don't know if it's going to work.

Also, no idea how much detail you need. I've got some video clips that I've been trying to go off of. My basic idea was to take 2D animations from the 2005 Hokuto no Ken arcade and interpret those on a 3D model. Beyond that, I don't know how much you need.

Sorry if I sound stressed, but seriously, Kyurem just loves giving me a headache.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2020, 01:23:28 PM »

Um, that's backwards, custom bones can't have *fewer* bones than vBrawl's

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: