Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Looking for something that may not exist  (Read 6484 times)
Gamer of Time
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: April 03, 2021, 11:32:42 PM »

Is it possible to have multiple sound sets for skins of characters? I'm talking about something like Bowser Jr. and how his alts were all separately voiced. For example, take Samus, but her skins consist of Mega Man X, Dark Samus, Buzz Lightyear, and of course, normal Samus. I want to see each skin voiced by their respective actors, much like with Bowser Jr. from Smash 4. What I am asking is, would this kind of thing be possible, or am I thinking too high? If it is possible and someone already made it, if you could send a link, that would be great.

Lasercraft32
Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 10:04:31 PM »

It's possible... but as far as I can tell the only way to do it effectively would be to put ALL of their sound files into a single sfx file, and make the PSA use the different sounds manually depending on what palette swap you use.

However this is extremely limited because it would likely use a lot of file space.

Modding is just a hobby of mine.

Gamer of Time
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 10:48:30 PM »

Ok, I see, thinking too high in the clouds. Thank you for the information, though.

Lasercraft32
Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 05:37:20 PM »

Ok, I see, thinking too high in the clouds. Thank you for the information, though.

It probably would be possible if somebody who actually knew what they were doing (like actually knowing how to flat out program, for example...) were to try, they could probably figure it out.

After all people have made codes for costume specific MotionEtc files, so I think it's possible.
(But most people who could have done it have probably moved on from Brawl modding, to Smash 4 or Ultimate by now...)

Modding is just a hobby of mine.

Kyouma
Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 08:59:53 AM »

it can actually be done, and I have technically done it before but with brawlEX clones instead of just skins, look up the tutorial for one slot animations and apply that programming for sfx

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: