Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: dRage's Hacks (Back from the dead, 11th July: Great Desert Video added!)  (Read 15029 times)
dRage
Global Moderator

• Awards Famous Hacker Fiery Topic KCMM Old Timer Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: July 14, 2009, 04:11:58 PM »

dRage's Hacks

It's been almost a year since I said I'd quit texture hacking. In fact I never thought I would bump that thread ever again. But with all those new hacking methods I'm back in business!

All of the all downloadlinks redirect to BrawlVault now (aside from those that are not in BV). If you find any DL that isn't working, let me know.

Top to bottom = New to old

Added 10. July 2010

Hailing from Monster Hunter 3 I bring you the location of my favorite encounter so far: The Great Desert. But what would the Great Desert be without its most fearsome inhabitant, the giant Elder Dragon Jhen Moran?

Jhen Moran is fully animated and moves in the background while you're fighting on a plattform in front of the ship!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq20DutYWFw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq20DutYWFw</a>

Download

Added 10. August 2009

All the details are finished, there's even an effect file to make this swings glow bluish and make his arrows the same color as Ishida's. What he's lacking is proper shading and non deformed glasses. (if that's even possible)

If anyone wants to fix that cursed shading, go ahead you have my blessing.

Anyways here's the last Quincy: Ishida Uryu. He bears his outfit from the arrancar arc and is equipped with two Seele Schneider (lol@Bleach for using german words) as his melee weapons.

Download

This texture was finished a long time ago, for my needs that is. I'm only playing Brawl+ so when I play PS2 it's frozen. The stadium part itself is done just the transformations are unchanged, which is something I originally wanted to fix for a public release.

The stage is named Pokemon Stadium2 and when we think back PS2 for the N64 was the stadium game for the second generation aka G/S/C. Going by that logic PS2 in Brawl should be G/S/C themed and here is what I think it should have looked like: Jotho Stadium

Download

Added 5. June 2009

Ever since I've started playing team battles more frequently, PT's lack of distinctive team colors annoyed me. I tried gathering textures for the three pokemon in red, blue and green that would blend in well with each other but to me surprise there were none that did.

Long story short I made more fitting team colors for the trainer's pokemon.

Team Blue

Team Green

Team Red

Download

Added 16. May 2009

It's been done by ]EE[ yes, but apperantly the person who requested me to do this texture didn't like theirs. And I tend to agree with him, they did a great job on most of their textures but Phazon Suit Samus always seemed unfinished to me.

Anyway this is my take on the final suit of Metroid Prime.

Download

Samus

ZSS

Added 7. April 2009

What's the difference between a king and his horse? I don't mean kiddy [censored] like "One's a person and one's an animal" or "One has two legs and the other has four." If their form, abillity and power were exactly the same, why is it that one becomes the king and controls the battle, while the other becomes the horse and carries the king?!
    There's only one anwser

Instinct!

Download

Added 1. April 2009

Yes it is possible to texture Game&Watch but it's not really useful. Spunit found a way to do it, but you'll replace all of his customes with one texture. Anyway I'll quickly made one to show you that it actually is possible.

Download

Blablabla I know stack smash made this texture already but their's isn't up for download. Someone on the brawl+ boards needed it for his Boswer Giga project so I made a quick recolor.

Download

Added 24. March 2009

I know he was requested a few times but as far as I know no one ever made him. Here's my version of Kurosaki Ichigo from Bleach.

v2:

Download

After playing Street Fighter 4 at a friend's house I realisied just how similar C.Falcon and M.Bison are. Said friend asked me to make a Bison texture for Falcon so I decided to give it a shot.

Download

Since me and my friends love playing Falcon dittos in Brawl+ I started to think about how I could make the captain even more manly. Yes golden nipples aren't enough so here is Golden Falcon.

Download

The only thing I ever liked about Yugi-oh were the dragons, namely the red-eyed black dragon and the blue-eyed white dragon. The last texture for today is inspired by the Redeye.

Download

Added 18. February 2009

If a Jaffa can join SG1 why shouldn't space animals be allowed?

Fox                                        
    Download
    Falco
    Download

Added 15. February 2009

I can now finally present the fixed version of Crono. I reduced the contrast on his clothes and brought it more in line with crono resurrection's model.

Download

Added 26. January 2009

I did a few fixes to my latest texture which I hadn't posted any screenshots of cause my wii broke. But now I present you 'The Blood Knight', wielding the ruby blade Crimson Dawn. Well his actual name will be different but I have to come up with one first. I tried focusing a little more on details this time.

Download

Added 13. January 2009

This was just something I needed to do. It's a fix for the captain's white outfit, too make him look less ... gay.

Download

Added 9. January 2009

My newest texture is Crimson Zelda. Manly recolored the dress and changed the saphires to rubies, but I also made a few adjustments to the dress. Well, see for yourself.

Download

Added 8. January 2009

I started off with Falco, it's a simple recolor so don't expect anything uber special. I never liked the the way their overalls looked, so I colored top and bottom differently to make it look more like pants.

Download

Next one would be Fox. Nothing really to say here.

Download
    « Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 04:28:07 PM by Dragonrage » Logged

dRage
    Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 04:12:23 PM »

WTF I can post again!

YES!

This means I am finally able to update this thread.

My latest texture is an altered version of my Crono texture. I don't have pics right now but I made a promo video for it some time ago. (The video starts out with the original texture, watch till the end you'll see the difference)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDPEetbGUQg&feature=channel_page" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDPEetbGUQg&feature=channel_page</a>

I'll add pics to the first post later, this vid has to work for now. You can get the texture here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?m2zyd44ninu
    « Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 04:50:18 PM by Dragonrage » Logged

darthmouse
    Expert Kitten

Pojo.com moderator

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 01:43:20 PM »

Sweet, as always. Now I have to stop being lazy and choose some costumes to replace.

Ano0toko
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 10:58:41 PM »

Dragonrage, I've been asking around about how people make invisible/ transparent parts on textures whose files are not +2.tga, but haven't arrived at anything that works for me yet. How did you manage to make parts of Ike's headband and cape invisible?

catgowoof
    Extreme Kitten

Meow.

• Awards Hot Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 12:49:41 AM »

Dragonrage, I've been asking around about how people make invisible/ transparent parts on textures whose files are not +2.tga, but haven't arrived at anything that works for me yet. How did you manage to make parts of Ike's headband and cape invisible?

Erase it

Ano0toko
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 06:27:15 AM »

Erase it
    That definitely does not work.

Scootaloo
    Supreme Kitten

Just your local pony that everyone hates

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 01:02:38 PM »

Ike's headband and cape both have alpha layers around them meaning they can be made transparent but this isnt true for all textures. For instance Links sword can be made transparent as well. I heard from milkaholicX that to get items transparent that can't be made transparent by coloring black on the alpha layer is by CLR0 editing. U should ask him about that stuff. He only managed to get the Diamond on FD invisable doing it that way.

Erase it
    That definitely does not work.

Scootaloo . says
    i hate the game industry in general
    King Jigglypuff says
    D:
    Epic Pervy says
    agreed
    Scootaloo . says
    i love the games
    King Jigglypuff says
    Oh.
    Scootaloo . says
    but the community is the most [censored]iest, whiniest, and antagonizing group you will ever see on the face of this [censored]in earth and millions of light years beyond it

I DO NOT take requests, I make what I want to make

dRage
    Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 06:21:48 AM »

So after more than half a year of more or less productivity I will now hang up my Photoshop. There are multiple reasons, for one I've been running out of ideas for a long time now and I'm not doing requests cause I only do stuff that I actually want to.
    It also became more and more apperant that I was starting to reach my limit. I was never particulary skilled in arts and while working on Ishida I noticed that I just couldn't get the shading right. No matter what I did it looked always like dirt or wasn't visible at all.
    And lastly with the release of moveset hacking my decission became clear. When I was messing around with it I adapted to it way more quickly than I ever adapted to Photoshop or all that art stuff in general. Looks like this is something I'm actually somewhat good at.

So yeah, I'm going to concetrate completly on moveset hacking now, I might still make a few textures for my own or other people's series but those won't be released. When it comes to public texture hacking I'm out.

I'm going to release the two nearly finished texture I had in the works:

Ishida Uryu

All the details are finished, there's even an effect file to make this swings glow bluish and make his arrows the same color as Ishida's. What he's lacking is proper shading and non deformed glasses. (if that's even possible)

If anyone wants to fix that cursed shading, go ahead you have my blessing.

Anyways here's the last Quincy: Ishida Uryu. He bears his outfit from the arrancar arc and is equipped with two Seele Schneider (lol@Bleach for using german words) as his melee weapons.

Download

Jotho Stadium

This texture was finished a long time ago, for my needs that is. I'm only playing Brawl+ so when I play PS2 it's frozen. The stadium part itself is done just the transformations are unchanged, which is something I originally wanted to fix for a public release.

The stage is named Pokemon Stadium2 and when we think back PS2 for the N64 was the stadium game for the second generation aka G/S/C. Going by that logic PS2 in Brawl should be G/S/C themed and here is what I think it should have looked like: Jotho Stadium

Download

Since this will probably be one of my last posts in this thread I would like to do a small recap of how successful each of my textures was.

Going by download numbers the list is:

1. Kurosaki Ichigo - 1586
    2. Blood Knight - 1092
    3. Redeyes Black Dragon - 919
    4. Crono - 559
    5. SG1 Fox - 523
    6. M. Bison - 507
    7. White Falcon - 496
    8. Crimson Zelda - 495
    9. Bowser Giga - 451
    10. SG1 Falco - 397
    11. Phazon Suit ZSS - 331
    12. White Fox - 319
    13. Hollow Ichigo 308
    14. Black Falco - 303
    15. Phazon Suit - 271
    16. Golden Falcon - 247
    17. PT Team Colors - 116

Texture pack showcased on my youtube channel - 120

So technically you can add 120 to every texture besides the PT team colors.

What is beyond me is why Ichigo is so successful. I personally consider him on of my not so good works, my personal list would go like this:

1. Crono
    2. Blood Knight
    3. Phazon Suit Samus
    4. Phazon Suit ZSS
    5. SG1 Fox/Falco
    6. Bowser Giga
    7. Ichigo
    8. PT Team colors
    9. everything else

Anyway I'll be mostly active in the Attack Hacks section from now on. You can find my new thread here: http://kittycorp.freecp.net/index.php?topic=1081.0
    « Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 06:25:15 AM by Dragonrage » Logged

Plasmakirby
    The ONLY Master of Plasma
    Supreme Kitten

The Power of Plasma Compells U

• Awards Fiery Topic Pin Collector Favorite'd Heart Container

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 07:04:06 AM »

sad to see you quit texturing. you'll still be part of the kitty corp team won't you?

dRage
    Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 07:09:45 AM »

It was bound to happpen, I haven't made any public textures in 2 months.

And yes I'm still part of KC:MM, I'll be sure to provide some cool moveset hacks in the future. Not everyone has to be a texture hacker I think, it's alway good to have some diversity.
    « Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 07:14:13 AM by Dragonrage » Logged

Plasmakirby
    The ONLY Master of Plasma
    Supreme Kitten

The Power of Plasma Compells U

• Awards Fiery Topic Pin Collector Favorite'd Heart Container

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 07:13:02 AM »

k. you still working on ike? or are you moving on to other characters?

dRage
    Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 07:16:42 AM »

Yeah I'll be going back to Ike when I can come up with some cool new B moves. Right now I'm working at a water/ice Ike for my machinima which won't be released and a Link that can switch between Fire and Thunder for his attacks.

dRage
    Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010, 09:02:42 PM »

Ultimate Necropost!

New stage added. Check the blog for more pictures (video will be up on July 11th).

Mit
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: July 11, 2010, 10:56:17 AM »

Can't wait for that video.  Really want to see how that thing animates.

dRage
    Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2010, 12:19:16 PM »

Video is in progress. Footage is recorded, once my friends leave I'll edit it and put it on youtube.

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: