Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Removing sandbag the right way (with rels)  (Read 4572 times)
RevengeHunter
Mega Kitten

Happy Sasuke is happy

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: May 23, 2010, 06:10:34 PM »

NOTE: this does not completely remove sandbag. It only removes the sandbag that spawns at the beginning of a fight. You can still get the sandbag item when you turn the item on.

For some reason replacing the MiscData0 in the stage pac didn't make the sandbag disappear, but Libertyernie found a way to get rid of it with .rel files. That means no more gimmicky stuff! Its not really hard to get rid of it.

1. Grab this .rel file http://www.mediafire.com/?gkeikwjjqz1 (these are rels that are modified to have no sandbag) and save it where you can easily find it.

2. Get a hex editor. It really doesn't matter which one you use. If you don't have one, google is your best friend.

3. Use your hex editor to open your .rel file. You should get a lot of hex values. Use the search function to find this hex value
    38 A5 00 00 38 80 00
    That part should now be highlighted. The 2 values behind it are what we are going to edit. Right now the values should be 00. Replace it with the value of the stage you want to replace. The values can be found here http://ssbbcustom.wikia.com/wiki/Module_files

For example, if you want to replace the Wifi waiting room you have to change the 00 to 37.

4. Save your changes to the rel file. Now go to where you saved your rel. We are now going to rename it. Go back to http://ssbbcustom.wikia.com/wiki/Module_files Now look for the stage you want to replace. Behind the values are the names for the rels. Go back to your .rel and rename it accordingly to the stage you're replacing. Example: if you replace wifi waiting room the rel must be named st_otrain.rel

5. Now put the .rel in SD\private\wii\app\rsbe\pf\module and try it in-game. If you did everything right, there should be no more sandbag! (except if you turned the sandbag item on)

I'm not exactly sure if this works with stages that already have rels included but in theory it should work (replace the old rel with the modified one)

Hope this was helpful!

Beyond
    ♥God of Love
    Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 06:15:58 PM »

*finds Master Illusion*

*gives him hug*

RevengeHunter
    Mega Kitten

Happy Sasuke is happy

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 08:32:53 PM »

But how did you... uhhh nevermind *hugs back*

Tasty Pumpkin Clock
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Heart Container >9000 Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 11:19:56 PM »

What if the two numbers behind 38 A5 00 00 38 80 00  aren't 00? It's 1C
    « Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 11:23:08 PM by Apprentice Of Death » Logged

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 08:06:48 AM »

That's indeed a good way to remove the sandbag in wifi room based stages (I think that's the rel file PW made for his expansion code), but... Wifi room is not a good stage to base stages on. I mean, there're other issues such as some final smashes (see what happens with pit's)

That's why, I mean, it's better using a FD rel file, in which there are no sandbag problems and no final smash problems. To make a wifi room based stage compatible with FD, you only need to add a modeldata2 to the wifi room file, and make it have an empty model such as the poketrainer00 one. Importing a pre-made brres file with only an invisible model would make it ^^U

Furthermore, as that's a NTSC wifi room rel file, PAL users won't be able to delete the sandbag (the rel will make the game crash), but using a standard FD rel file would be possible even for PAL users ^^U

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 08:11:15 AM »

That's indeed a good way to remove the sandbag in wifi room based stages (I think that's the rel file PW made for his expansion code), but... Wifi room is not a good stage to base stages on. I mean, there're other issues such as some final smashes (see what happens with pit's)

That's why, I mean, it's better using a FD rel file, in which there are no sandbag problems and no final smash problems. To make a wifi room based stage compatible with FD, you only need to add a modeldata2 to the wifi room file, and make it have an empty model such as the poketrainer00 one. Importing a pre-made brres file with only an invisible model would make it ^^U

Furthermore, as that's a NTSC wifi room rel file, PAL users won't be able to delete the sandbag (the rel will make the game crash), but using a standard FD rel file would be possible even for PAL users ^^U
    As a PAL user i know how it sux when the game crashes due to rel files. PSA's are also not working 100% cause of the sound not being there. The only PSA who has that is the PAL ported Shadow (which is good btw).

MyKewl
    Mega Kitten

Ø "My future is righteousness." - Bob Marley Ø

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 10:08:36 PM »

thanks

Thewill
    Mega Kitten

I animate for brawl hacks, what's your excuse?

• Awards Renowned Hacker >9000 Shadow the Pinhog

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 07:39:13 PM »

So your saying if a PAL User like myself uses a PAL FD .rel file and do the same steps on this expect that it is not the same then it will work?

RevengeHunter
    Mega Kitten

Happy Sasuke is happy

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 04:06:01 PM »

Do this and it should work (I can't confirm this but Mewtwo2000 knows what he's doing)

kirbymaster101
    Intermediate Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 07:48:07 PM »

can anyone just give me a rel that has no sandbag just tryed doing it it froze for me when loading sse stadium.

thesoulfrog
    Intermediate Kitten

Proud Creator of Cellza.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 11:29:58 AM »

this thread needs to be bumped. Such a simple answer to such a difficult question.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: