Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rorscach and Deadpool (a nut and a fool)! UPDATE- Option for logos on hammers  (Read 12573 times)
amount18
Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: May 26, 2010, 10:49:21 PM »

Rorschach and Deadpool
This texture was inspired by ItsJustSomeRandomGuy's
Rorschach and Deadpool Buddy Cop Parody
and his Marvel vs DC youtube series.  The design for the hammers comes from the theme song to the parody: "Rorschach and Deadpool, a nut and a fool..." The base of the hammer is designed to resemble the katanas that Deadpool wields.  This is my first Texture Hack; I am quite pleased with it and I hope you enjoy it!

Download
The download includes PAC and PCS for both Rorschach as Popo and Rorschach as Nana, so that you can choose your leader for any color. I recommend Rorschach as the leader and I indicate in the download which fitpopoXX numbers will make it this way.  I have also included versions for which the hammers have the logo for their character on them.

It is tested and working in Brawl, Brawl+, Brawl-, and Balanced Brawl using the Riivolution method.

I have also made a victory theme and looped version of their theme song by ItsJustSomeRandomGuy.
Victory Theme
Looped Song
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T73aSQrXmAA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T73aSQrXmAA</a>

Credits
RandomTBush's separate eyes patch for Ice Climbers
    Dhragen's Ice Mages hack used as a base for the texture.
BP's Sith Climbers provided the base for the glove textures
ItsJustSomeRandomGuy provided the music and the inspiration.

Please leave comments.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 09:32:01 AM by amount18 » Logged

Robz
Drinking boss Epic
Special Access

I ain't no baby man.

• Awards Fiery Topic >9000 Diamond in the Rough Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 05:20:30 AM »

this makes me lol inside. I love deadpool Cheesy

Bros: dRage ~ Vish 
    Bang your fist to the ground. let people know your name. Always make people laugh. and always share your booze.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a1yoVv5Uto&feature=related
    Guy Gets f'ed up
    If you dont drink then you don't work hard enough. simply put. Drink after success. Not during.

DocStrange
    Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 07:22:26 AM »

Lol, this is brilliant. The textures could use work, but they're great for your first, and really I'm just being super picky because those are my 2 absolute favorite characters of all time. I would change the hammers though, maybe to Deadpool's logo and Rorschach's "r" Definitely keep working on this!

IceCatraz
    Intermediate Kitten

Harmony

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 08:19:02 AM »

I'm going to be honest - when I first entered this topic, I didn't know what to expect.

I'm glad I did. That dead pool looks awesome. I don't have any textures on my ice climbers, so I can't wait to try these out.

Zyphon
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 10:50:37 AM »

Awsome, I love it. Best combination ever.

Asuka
    (@益@)ゞ
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Sig Contest Winner Heart Container Hey! Listen! Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 04:22:32 PM »

Wow, I never expected someone to make this, but it's cool XD
    I love ItsJustSomeRandomGuy's videos and his impersonation of Deadpool Grin
    Good job man.

amount18
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 09:19:11 PM »

Thanks for all of the positive comments guys.  I am glad my work is appreciated.   

Wow, I never expected someone to make this, but it's cool XD
    I love ItsJustSomeRandomGuy's videos and his impersonation of Deadpool Grin
    Good job man.

Thanks cx_asuka!  I honestly had never seen Deadpool before the videos, but I checked him out as a result and I am pretty happy Cheesy.  Your work is terrific, so I am happy you liked it.

Lol, this is brilliant. The textures could use work, but they're great for your first, and really I'm just being super picky because those are my 2 absolute favorite characters of all time. I would change the hammers though, maybe to Deadpool's logo and Rorschach's "r" Definitely keep working on this!

I have updated the download to have the hammer versions you requested.  Although I still prefer the nut and fool, now we have options.  Did you have any other tips for making it better? 

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 10:32:51 PM »

completely different series... But TOTAL EPICNESS! Cheesy

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

renkaken
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Favorite'd Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 07:08:12 AM »

hey amount you should give cretid to randomTbush for the separate eyes patch and not Dhragen
    Dragen did the texture, Random T Bush did the patch
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=5308&DiplayName=Separate%20Eyes%20(Patch)

amount18
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 09:37:48 AM »

hey amount you should give cretid to randomTbush for the separate eyes patch and not Dhragen
    Dragen did the texture, Random T Bush did the patch
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=5308&DiplayName=Separate%20Eyes%20(Patch)

Good point.  I added RandomTBush and left Dhragen credited (his texture helped me conceptually).  Thanks for pointing that out.

lucas_irineu
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 03:38:02 PM »

Man, this idea is really amazing. And Rorschach's texture looked awesome. But Deadpool looked kinda weird. No offense intended. Since he is my favorite character of the two, I pretty much had to remake all of his textures so they would look better and I could use him, I hope you don't mind.
    If you want to see it or anything just let me know.

amount18
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 07:12:03 PM »

Man, this idea is really amazing. And Rorschach's texture looked awesome. But Deadpool looked kinda weird. No offense intended. Since he is my favorite character of the two, I pretty much had to remake all of his textures so they would look better and I could use him, I hope you don't mind.
    If you want to see it or anything just let me know.
    Post the pics here and I will decide, but most likely say yes. Wink

lucas_irineu
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 07:27:18 PM »

Alright, here is a picture.

All I did was give all of his costume the texture on the Ice Climber's regular clothing, make his shoes a red recolor of the climber's boot (though its hard to see here) instead of being just a flat colour, minor edits to the face and body, and make the highlights on his eyes darker because the high contrast made it look a little weird. Also made the fur part of the parka a little lighter than the rest of it.
    I changed the hammer back to the old one because I didn't really like it being black, but thats more of a personal choice of mine instead of something that was really needed.
    Oh, and I made the black on Rorschach's mask pure black and smoothened the edges a little bit. I think that just like DP's mask, the comic book to Brawl transition didn't work very well (they were copy pasted from the book, right?).
    Rorschach's cloak looked amazing though, great job on that.

amount18
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 09:28:30 PM »

All I did was give all of his costume the texture on the Ice Climber's regular clothing
    I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.
    make his shoes a red recolor of the climber's boot (though its hard to see here) instead of being just a flat colour
    You forgot to change the soles of the shoes to black like the comics.  I suggest copying your image of the red textured shoe area and paste onto my shoes, but leaving all of the black.  This will be easiest and look the best (probably).
    minor edits to the face and body

The face looks great!  The difference between ours is that yours looks more like the comic and mine looks more cartoony/cute (unintentionally).  I originally made the Deadpool texture on Nana but realized that I couldn't have Rorschach lead in the slot I had open.  The darker eye highlights is probably a good idea.
    Also made the fur part of the parka a little lighter than the rest of it.
    I don't understand why.  It makes the middle of Deadpool look very odd.  In the comic his armbands and chest are the same red as everywhere else...Also I spent a lot of time making his hood blend back to front so I would try to make sure it still does.  

Re Hammers and Rorschach:  I would have liked to had Deadpool w/ a katana and Rorschach with a gun, but I thought that the hammer w/ the nut/fool looked cool w/ the katana silver/black colors. But, as you said, personal preference.  I don't notice the other change you made (black darken) on the Rorschach.  

Rorschach's cloak looked amazing though, great job on that.
    Thanks!  

lucas_irineu
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 05:11:36 PM »

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.
    I made made his clothes slightly furry, using the parkas as a base.
    You forgot to change the soles of the shoes to black like the comics.  I suggest copying your image of the red textured shoe area and paste onto my shoes, but leaving all of the black.  This will be easiest and look the best (probably).
    Actually, they are usually red. Depends on who's drawing him at the time. Reilly Brown's drawings for Cable & Deadpool and maybe the newer ones use the black shoes that yours had, but it also has that thing on his chest that this texture lacks. The original design on the other hand have him with red shoes.
    The face looks great!  The difference between ours is that yours looks more like the comic and mine looks more cartoony/cute (unintentionally).  I originally made the Deadpool texture on Nana but realized that I couldn't have Rorschach lead in the slot I had open.  The darker eye highlights is probably a good idea.
    Thanks!
    I don't understand why.  It makes the middle of Deadpool look very odd.  In the comic his armbands and chest are the same red as everywhere else...Also I spent a lot of time making his hood blend back to front so I would try to make sure it still does.
    Well, I ended up realizing that make him look exactly like the comics would be pretty hard, since his clothing is pretty shiny and everything, so I tried to make him look like he was wearing some sort of parka like the climbers were.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: