Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hex packet with Japanese brsar.  (Read 3313 times)
Psycho Philia
Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Ninja Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: December 22, 2010, 03:06:59 AM »

Hum, I know Hex packets are sound to change voices for a character and sound effects, but I wondered if it is possible to put the voice of an hex packet in a Japanese "smashbros sound.brsar" so that we've got the new voice and besides the sound effects. I ask this because I followed a tutorial made by Stickman (Thank you Stickman for this great tutorial!) and I changed some things as I use a jap brsar like data1offset, but the result was not so good, I mean I had the new voice, but sound effects were not here... If someone knows a means to put an hex packet to a japanese smashbros sound.brsar, it would be really nice to teach me how to do it! Thank you!

Oh! I almost forgot, according to Stickman tutorial, we can't put a sound whose length is longer than the sound we want to replace, and it is the same for weight. But in Shadow Hex packet, I saw some sounds weighing more and which are longer than the original sound. How can we do this? It would be really helpful for me to know it, because I want for example to put Barbatos Goetia's voice (the guy on my avatar) over Ganondorf's voice. That is the last thing I had to ask this time!

Oh bomb, no one understands you. You have to be expressive with your feelings. Don't worry, Philia will help you with that. Fu fu fu fu....

Kitare, Saitan no Ikazuchi! Ikare, sousei no daichi! Ribaasukuruseidaaa!

stickman
    Extreme Kitten

Why are you hitting yourself?

• Awards Pin Collector Ninja Helping Hand Active Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 07:29:55 AM »

Did you make a hex packet, or did you download one (it kinda sounds like both)? It should be exactly the same as replacing a sound on the NTSC-U bsar, the only difference is the offsets of the sounds.

I said that to avoid complications in the process.. it would have been way too hard to explain to beginning sound hackers, so it is in my next guide I am working on for advanced users. here's an example of another extra long sfx hack i made a few months ago:
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BobuOVP_zM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BobuOVP_zM</a>

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 07:45:24 AM »

Excuse me Stickman if my explanations were bad, but i'm french so it is a bit difficult to explain myself some times...

To answer your question, I downloaded an Hex Packet. This Hex Packet was Mastakio's hex packet and it was joint with his Shadow Psa. And when I followed what he said like copy all the contents of Shadow Hex and paste them in smash bros sound.brsar in data1offset (not 1C23300 as I use a japanese brsar) I had voices, but sound effects almost disappeared!

I haven't made an hex packet if you wonder Stickman, I've never made any as I'm new at Brawl hacking, but I hadn't too difficults to understand your tutorial. Once I will be able to put all sounds I want (and it includes longer sounds than original sounds as it seems possible) I will make some! And I already know for who I will make my firsts!

Anyway, thank you to reply my post!
    « Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 07:48:02 AM by Barbatos » Logged

Oh bomb, no one understands you. You have to be expressive with your feelings. Don't worry, Philia will help you with that. Fu fu fu fu....

stickman
    Extreme Kitten

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 07:58:29 AM »

That.. won't work. In a Japanese brsar, it is not just the offsets that change. The sounds themselves also have different lengths than in the US version. So I am not surprised that it doesn't work. Sadly, you would need someone to hack all of the sounds again, but onto the Japanese brsar this time.

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 08:07:13 AM »

So you mean I need someone to make an hex packet with these same sounds but with a Japanese Brsar this time? (I suppose it is that because this Hex packet was made with a US brsar) Is it what you mean?

Hmm, if it is the case, it is really sad indeed... I can probably insert them myself, but I will need some advanced techniques like being able to put longer sounds than originals, and even remove a sound, because in this Shadow Hex Packet, there is a second sound, but with nothing (we hear nothing when we play it) while original has a sound and when we play it we hear something. I think I will wait your next tutorial Stickman unless you can teach me how to do this now Laugh. I'm sure it will help me a lot and even other people! Thank you very much!

stickman
    Extreme Kitten

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 09:00:45 AM »

Yes that is correct.
    I just need a way to figure out how to explain it because it is very math-involved. Stay tuned for my updates so you know when the guide comes out Smiley

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 09:48:43 AM »

When do you think this tutorial will be posted? One month? One week? Or you don't have an idea of when you will post it?

stickman
    Extreme Kitten

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 11:56:55 AM »

probably next month but it might be later

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: