Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24
Author Topic: Music Guide and FAQ  (Read 152610 times)
BlizzardWolfang
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #285 on: September 28, 2010, 04:35:12 AM »

I'm some-what new here also but I've been using hacks for Brawl for quite awhile.
I got the texture hacks down my only concern is how to use the whole Music thing allowing you to hear your own looped music on given areas of the game.

I've followed the instructions doing all my loops in Goldwave (while following that numbered loop rule.) My ONLY problem is that at times when I play brawl with music hacks on the game would freeze and go, ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRR. Usually it'll freeze right when I click a stage or before we even pick characters. (Usually from the last time I played with texture hacks + music hacks on it would always go ERRRRRRRRRRR with PKMN Trainer.) Is there a way to use the Music Hack function without having the game freeze with the ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR noise?

BlizzardWolfang
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #286 on: October 04, 2010, 04:49:11 AM »

No one can help with my music hack problem? =\

Vyse
Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #287 on: October 08, 2010, 01:44:36 PM »

If it only freezes when you pick Pokemon Trainer, that implies there's something wrong with one of your Pokemon Trainer textures or your CSPs or something, not the music... I'm pretty sure the game doesn't load the music until you've picked your stage, so unless I'm mistaken, there's no music-related reason for it to freeze before that -- unless there's something wrong with your menu music.

How are you loading your stuff? Riivolution, SD Loader, ISO...?

BlizzardWolfang
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #288 on: October 09, 2010, 09:31:11 PM »

If it only freezes when you pick Pokemon Trainer, that implies there's something wrong with one of your Pokemon Trainer textures or your CSPs or something, not the music... I'm pretty sure the game doesn't load the music until you've picked your stage, so unless I'm mistaken, there's no music-related reason for it to freeze before that -- unless there's something wrong with your menu music.

How are you loading your stuff? Riivolution, SD Loader, ISO...?

That's the thing, it only goes ERRRRRR when I enable music hacks.
    I use the NTSC Version of brawl and I load my hacks through Gecko.
    (Codes are in the gct. format)
    I use texture hacks, colored shields, some stage hacks, 8-minute + 3 Stock default settings, a slight arrangement of character boxes in the character selection screen, endless replay recording time with the Nicknames shown, No-restricting camera, and that's about it.

From what I've noticed the game will go ERRRRRRRRRRR when I select certain characters. (Before I click them or after.)
    Like now every time I click the default color of Samus the game goes ERRRR>
    (I'm using a Master Cheef color hack which makes Samus green and I have both the PCS and the PAC file for all of Samus's colors.)
    Then there's times where the game will freeze during the 3-....2--...1... ERRRRRRRRR.
    I'm thinking it's a character's fault or something.

My only questions are if the "FitMotion.pacs or the Fit(Name).pacs" might effect the loading of the game. (Most of them are just color swaps for certain character's weapons.)
    My last question would be if I only need the "PAC" files for the characters with Transformations? (I've noticed that if I add pac files to other characters I can see the texture hacks outside of Offline Versus. I.E Subspace, Online, and in Multi-man.)
    Is this a good idea to do or does it also increase weary-ness to where the likely hood of it going ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR and freeze up?

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #289 on: October 09, 2010, 10:22:50 PM »

Does it freeze when you go into My Music?

And pacs are only strictly necessary for transforming characters, but if you'd like to see textures in other modes, you need them for everyone.

BlizzardWolfang
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #290 on: October 09, 2010, 11:52:53 PM »

I can play songs in my music without any problem. It's just when I get a match ready it'll go ERRRRRRRRRRRRR and freeze at random.

And I'm sure I made the BRSTMs correctly since I followed your guide to making some.

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #291 on: October 10, 2010, 12:00:13 AM »

If you can play the songs in My Music, that means there's nothing wrong with the brstms. It's something else.

BlizzardWolfang
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #292 on: October 10, 2010, 12:41:32 AM »

Do ya think it's the characters or the pcs / pacs? Possibly corruption or something? Usually it goes ERRRRRR when I pick my Samus <_<;

Enigmatic
    Lol Kitten

Just keeping it cool...

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #293 on: October 17, 2010, 12:52:51 AM »

I have a quick question. Whenever I make a brstm, in game it sounds a bit too quiet. When running through mp3 gain it usually says about 98 decibels, and I have tried it when lowering it to around 93-95 like in your guide, but both ways sound too quiet. Any idea what I should do?

Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #294 on: October 17, 2010, 03:42:51 AM »

Are you replacing a Melee song?

Enigmatic
    Lol Kitten

Just keeping it cool...

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #295 on: October 17, 2010, 08:45:18 PM »

Sometimes, but the volume problem is consistently a little too quiet, regardless of the song I am replacing. None are like inaudible, but definitely quieter than the other songs.

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #296 on: October 17, 2010, 11:28:18 PM »

*shrug* Turn up the music volume in Brawl's options.

Replaced Melee songs are always quieter than usual, for future reference.

Enigmatic
    Lol Kitten

Just keeping it cool...

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #297 on: October 19, 2010, 11:11:02 PM »

Thanks for info on melee songs.

SuddenDeath
    Newbie Kitten

You know you love it.

• Awards Favorite'd

« Reply #298 on: November 10, 2010, 08:55:05 AM »

I am using the BCSM GUI v1.5.0.0
    All my songs are full, loop is checked. It loops perfectly when I test play the .brstm on the program. The format for the file is WAV PCM signed 16 bit Stereo 32000Hz and 1024 kbps.
    Is that too high? ;__; It's really heavy Nintendocore .-.
    However, I use the SD card loader, and when it loads the music, it cuts out and starts playing a staticky version of another song instead? :I
    I don't really think I should try the backing up and reformatting because I have 60mb free on the SD.
    Any help is deeply appreciated :3

Sorry you're not a winner.

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #299 on: November 10, 2010, 02:52:02 PM »

I don't really think I should try the backing up and reformatting because I have 60mb free on the SD.
    Do it anyway.

I cannot fathom why you would say, "Oh, hey, this exact question's been asked so often that it appears in the FAQ and has a prescribed solution, but surely it doesn't apply to me for reasons I don't understand, so I'm going to ask anyway," but I hope whatever caused it isn't contagious.
    « Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 02:54:28 PM by Vyse » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24
    Print
    Jump to: