Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24
Author Topic: Music Guide and FAQ  (Read 133267 times)
Vyse
Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #270 on: May 20, 2010, 05:46:23 PM »

I believe so.

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #271 on: June 07, 2010, 09:27:38 PM »

Rewrote the main portion of the guide. It's much more concise, and I no longer have any doubt that it's the best guide out there.

Also, show of hands: would anyone like me to write a version for Audacity?

Edit: And the crickets have it. No problem, less work for me.
    « Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 03:59:22 PM by Vyse » Logged

Tellis
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #272 on: August 01, 2010, 06:23:53 PM »

FAQ

6. Sometimes, when I use a song with the SD Loader, I hear a lot of static, or the game suddenly switches to another song. What's up with that?
    This problem has varying causes. Make a backup of everything on the SD card, then reformat it. That might fix it. According to Phantom Wings, songs that have a sampling rate higher than 32 kbps can cause this, but I don't think anyone is going to apologize for making songs too high-quality. Songs replaced on the ISO do not have this problem.
    Just wanted to say that reformatting, at the very least, worked for me. Sounds like the problem the other two had is the same problem I had (all of my tracks were going without a hitch then I added about 5 and all of them turned to glitchy noise or another song. Now those 5 work perfectly) so it should work. Hope this helps a little, I guess.
    Thanks a ton for the guide, it's been incredibly helpful!

-LzR-
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #273 on: August 13, 2010, 12:55:25 PM »

Followed the steps. It said the song has been made to EditedSongs
    A file named EditedSongs appears, but it doesn't have an extension and it doesn't work. My song is supposed to be inside it, so it fails. But I follow the guide and have put the files in my system32 folder. Also I did resample it and all that stuff.

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #274 on: August 13, 2010, 01:28:40 PM »

Did you create the EditedSongs folder?

Coleshot1
    Newbie Kitten

Lunatic.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #275 on: August 17, 2010, 08:32:06 PM »

Bleh, insertmanyswearshere.
    After about an hour of downloading the tools, "following" the instructions as well as I could (Lot of things didn't work at all like they were supposed to, but I expected as much), I got lost in the end when saving the w23L and w23R(In wav and 16monowhatever formats). It said to push Enter on the tool (guessing that was goldwave) and nothing happened. Don't really want help because so many things didn't work before that, it'd probably be broken when I finished anyways.

Just hoping when I start making requests it won't be too much work for you guys. It really is more work to learn this than to request songs, and I'm swallowing my 'pride' after trying to get this to work for so long. =X

Ugh. Sheik doesn't exist(Meaning Sheik is Zelda, there is no "Sheik"), or shouldn't. But Sheik is so often referred to as a real character. Anyways. SHEIK IS A GUY. Sheik is also not real. Anything that says he's a girl is stating that because technically Sheik is Zelda and does not exist. Zelda even called Sheik a man in one of the games. <3rants<3

"Nude/enhanced" Sheiks make me gag. Bleh...

Caliryder209
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #276 on: August 19, 2010, 04:55:32 PM »

Hey guys, I'm new here....just thought I'd throw that out.

Anyway, I've been following this tutorial for a while (as an unregistered user) and finally decided to register to ask: is using the Yellow Play Button on Goldwave really necessary? The version I downloaded doesn't have that, but it does have this green play button in-between two green lines in its place. However, this button doesn't loop the music like the Yellow Play Button does; it only plays the song from the start marker and stops at the finish marker. Sorry if a similar question was already asked, but I didn't feel like looking through the 19 pages of this thread to check.

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #277 on: August 19, 2010, 05:34:49 PM »

Technically, no, it's unnecessary, but it makes checking your loops much easier.

Where did you get your version of Goldwave? Never heard of it missing a button before.

Caliryder209
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #278 on: August 19, 2010, 07:34:21 PM »

Technically, no, it's unnecessary, but it makes checking your loops much easier.

Where did you get your version of Goldwave? Never heard of it missing a button before.

I got it from the link you provided within the tutorial. Maybe it's been updated to a newer version since you wrote the section dealing with Goldwave? Mine's 5.57. But, if using the Yellow Play button is unnecessary, then is there some other way to enable a looping playback in Goldwave? Cuz I'm just not finding it.

...Although, I can open the song in Sony Vegas Pro, find the loop points by ear, cut the excess from before the starting loop point and after the finishing, and enable a looping playback to see if the two loop points flow smoothly. Then, I'd be able to save the cut region of the song to be looped as an MP3 that will start from the first loop point and end at the finishing one when opened in Goldwave, eliminating the need to ever use its looping playback function since the song will already start and end with the designated loop points.

If I can do that, I am exempt from performing the "--- Extra Instructions for Custom Looping" step and skipping straight to "---- The 14336 Rule"?

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #279 on: August 20, 2010, 01:52:54 AM »

If I understand you, you're saying you want to cut the song so that the very beginning is the starting loop point, and the very end is the ending loop point, right?

If so, you can ignore the 14336 rule.

Oh, and I have version 5.55. Out of curiosity, can you post a screenshot of what your Goldwave looks like?

Caliryder209
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #280 on: August 20, 2010, 03:06:25 AM »

Lol, yeah, that's basically what I meant to say... sorry, I'm not very good at explaining things. And you're telling me to skip the 14336 rule...so I'd be making a regular loop instead of a custom loop, right?

By the way, here's my screenshot: http://s761.photobucket.com/albums/xx258/Caliryder209/?action=view¤t=Capture.gif

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #281 on: August 20, 2010, 10:00:23 AM »

Any brstm that loops back to the very beginning is a regular loop, so yes.

Based on how the yellow play key works, I'm guessing that the circled button in your picture is the same thing. If I'm right, and it's not looping, then you should be able to go to Options > Control Properties and check the Loop box for that button. In 5.55, it looks like this:

Obviously, it'll be different in yours, but that should give you an idea.

Thanks for pointing this out. Guess I need to update the guide.

mr pants
    Expert Kitten

♫~ Fuwa Fuwa Time! ~♫

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #282 on: August 23, 2010, 12:16:44 PM »

Right, could someone possibly help me?
    I heeded the warning of SD loaders not working with PAL versions, but I wanted to try it just in case, because people told me PSA's would not work on PAL but I somehow got mine to work.

I'm gonna try and use a ISO. Will it work with a regular 4.8 GB Single Layer disc? Or does the disc have to be more than however big the Brawl ISO is?

I know about Brawl's Dual-layer needs, so I just want to check.

'Beware of your wandering eye, child.'
    'What do you me--*smack*--ah f*** mah leg!'

AshtrayHeart
    Intermediate Kitten

Mis lagrimas quiebra el espejo

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #283 on: August 30, 2010, 09:28:54 AM »

I have just one question, it's about submitting songs into the Brawl Vault.

Are there any boundaries to what we can submit? Or can we submit whatever we can?

I ask because 95% of my .brstm files are songs by official bands and whatnot.

I'd like to share them with the community but I want to make sure that it's allowed.

The idea of Community will be something displayed at a museum.

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #284 on: August 30, 2010, 10:11:04 AM »

It's fine.

Pages:  1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24
    Print
    Jump to: