Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24
Author Topic: Music Guide and FAQ  (Read 133968 times)
flyinelk212
Mega Kitten

Pit/Lucas User

View Profile Awards
« Reply #315 on: March 18, 2011, 10:01:43 PM »

Interesting...

Yeah, I read this tutorial, to the tee. Quote:

--- Creating Your brstm(#brstm)

Get to the folder on your hard drive where you extracted the brstm tool. Double-click Start.bat. Enter A for mono or B for stereo, then enter the name of the brstm in OriginalSongs. It will then tell you to "read the enclosed instruction booklet." Instead, refer to the following paragraph that matches the option you chose.

---- Mono (#mono)

In GoldWave, click File > Save As. Navigate to the root of the music tool. Change the file type to Wave and the attributes to PCM signed 16-bit mono. If you're using the brstm I provided, you will see a file named w23.wav. Save your current song with the same name and click Yes when asked if you want to replace it.

---- Stereo (#stereo)

In GoldWave, press Ctrl+A to make sure you have the whole song selected. Now press Ctrl+Shift+L to select only the left channel. Click File > Save Selection As. Navigate to the root of the music tool. Change the file type to Wave and the attributes to PCM signed 16-bit mono. If you’re using the brstm I provided, you’ll see two files: w23L.wav and w23R.wav. Save the current selection as w23L. Press Ctrl+Shift+R to select the right channel, then click File > Save Selection As and save over w23R.

-> ->

Go back to the tool and press Enter. When the tool asks for your starting loop point, enter 0 for a regular loop or paste the number from your second calculator for a custom loop. Give the song a name when prompted, and you’re done! If you want to make sure it came out right, jump to the Testing section.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 10:04:12 PM by flyinelk212 » Logged

Segtendo
Local Marie Fanboy
Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #316 on: March 18, 2011, 10:54:22 PM »

Im srs here
    Vyse, why would you Need to seperate the chaNNels? You only had to do that with ANdrou1's tool.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #317 on: March 20, 2011, 08:05:41 AM »

Im srs here
    Vyse, why would you Need to seperate the chaNNels? You only had to do that with ANdrou1's tool.
    Because this tutorial uses Androu1's tool

herp

It's probably been asked a bunch now, but I didn't see it in the few pages I scanned:

When you save the separate Right and Left music files (in an attempt to make your song stereo), are you sure you save it as "PCM signed 16-bit mono", and not "PCM signed 16-bit stereo"? This is for regular songs, not victory music.
    It hasn't been asked, actually. And yes, you do. You save each channel as a separate mono file, and the tool combines them into one stereo file.
    « Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 08:07:26 AM by Vyse » Logged

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #318 on: May 09, 2011, 07:24:02 PM »

Could you post a screencap of what you see when you get this error? Include what the root of the music tool folder looks like at the time, too. (Just to be clear, when I say "root of the music tool folder," I mean this: )

mr pants
    Expert Kitten

♫~ Fuwa Fuwa Time! ~♫

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #319 on: June 23, 2011, 08:50:14 PM »

Could you post a screencap of what you see when you get this error? Include what the root of the music tool folder looks like at the time, too. (Just to be clear, when I say "root of the music tool folder," I mean this: )

Yeah, sure.
    And sorry for the REALLY late reply...

1. Typed in 'B' for Stereo.

2. Typing in the song name, W23.

3. After pressing enter once I had finished editing the .wav files, I get this.

4. Yet it asks me to carry on...? K, so I type in what was in my 2nd Calculator.

5. WTF DOES THAT MEAN!?

6. WHAT!??! YOU FAILED AND THERE'S STILL A FILE!?!?

This is what my folder looks like, as you requested to see.

Please help. This is the last thing I have to do to get a working .brstm...
    « Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 08:54:05 PM by mr pants » Logged

'Beware of your wandering eye, child.'
    'What do you me--*smack*--ah f*** mah leg!'

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #320 on: June 23, 2011, 10:16:27 PM »

Hmm.

This might be because part of your file path has a space in it ("Program Files"). Try moving it up, out of Program Files and onto the root of the C drive. (The space in "Local Disk" shouldn't matter, since that's just a name for the drive; the actual path would be C:\BrawlMusicTool)

If that doesn't fix it... are you sure you're using the version of the tool I have in the guide? I've never had any trouble with it.

But I'm pretty sure it's the file path thing.

mr pants
    Expert Kitten

♫~ Fuwa Fuwa Time! ~♫

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #321 on: June 24, 2011, 01:52:21 AM »

Hmm.

This might be because part of your file path has a space in it ("Program Files"). Try moving it up, out of Program Files and onto the root of the C drive. (The space in "Local Disk" shouldn't matter, since that's just a name for the drive; the actual path would be C:\BrawlMusicTool)

If that doesn't fix it... are you sure you're using the version of the tool I have in the guide? I've never had any trouble with it.

But I'm pretty sure it's the file path thing.

Oh sweet, so there wasn't much wrong with it?
    Curse my inability to follow fine detail!
    I'll try that and update on any changes.
    Thanks!

EDIT: It worked! I now have a working .brstm with custom loops! Thanks so much for your help!
    EDIT EDIT: That first EDIT was before I tested it in BrawlBox. I put it into BrawlBox, and it played W23 (Which I believe was the Multi-Man Melee theme from SSBM) instead of my song. In other words, I failed. AGAIN.

Need help, Plz!

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Never mind I got it. Turns out I was using the mono files from W23.brstm instead of my own because I didn't change the name... Mario Facepalm
    « Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 03:43:25 AM by mr pants » Logged

'Beware of your wandering eye, child.'
    'What do you me--*smack*--ah f*** mah leg!'

Mewcario
    Mega Kitten

I should reeeally get back into Brawl hacking...

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #322 on: November 06, 2011, 01:22:09 AM »

What's the recommended decibel level for SFX? I know that music is 95 and victory themes are 97, but...

Is it just me, or are the people of Unova extremely generous?

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic Famous Hacker Pin Collector

« Reply #323 on: November 06, 2011, 01:42:40 AM »

What's the recommended decibel level for SFX? I know that music is 95 and victory themes are 97, but...

I don't measure db, i just blast it as loud as i can while removing ALL clipping caused by it...
    sony acid says it's at infinite (max level) and -136 (softest) I simply max that meter without exceeding it

as such....

http://www.mediafire.com/?jn924bl2xjl1rxg <- example of how loud I do my audio

I do the same thing with SFX, I blast it as loud as i safely can

ChaosE2
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #324 on: January 11, 2012, 06:03:48 PM »

Hopefully someone can help me with this. I'm having an issue with my mu_menumain.pac, where I edit the MiscData[7].msbin to change song names in My Music. I was doing this for a while until I added a few more songs and then edited it a bit more, and now when I start brawl it chokes up after the title screen. I've tested it a bit and MiscData[7] is the problem, but I don't know why or how to fix it. Has anyone else had this issue?

Darth Indiana Bond
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #325 on: February 03, 2012, 06:00:57 PM »

I get all the way until the point where I need to convert to brstm.  When I play it in BrawlBox it plays the song that came in the Original Song file, W23.

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #326 on: February 03, 2012, 07:08:56 PM »

I get all the way until the point where I need to convert to brstm.  When I play it in BrawlBox it plays the song that came in the Original Song file, W23.
    what exactly is the issue? when converting, it should play whatever file you chose, not use a base file to mod upon

Darth Indiana Bond
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #327 on: February 03, 2012, 08:28:52 PM »

"In GoldWave, press Ctrl+A to make sure you have the whole song selected. Now press Ctrl+Shift+L to select only the left channel. Click File > Save Selection As. Navigate to the root of the music tool. Change the file type to Wave and the attributes to PCM signed 16-bit mono. If you’re using the brstm I provided, you’ll see two files: w23L.wav and w23R.wav. Save the current selection as w23L. Press Ctrl+Shift+R to select the right channel, then click File > Save Selection As and save over w23R."

This part does not happen in the converter.  Or I might not quite understand what this means.

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #328 on: February 04, 2012, 02:25:00 AM »

"In GoldWave, press Ctrl+A to make sure you have the whole song selected. Now press Ctrl+Shift+L to select only the left channel. Click File > Save Selection As. Navigate to the root of the music tool. Change the file type to Wave and the attributes to PCM signed 16-bit mono. If you’re using the brstm I provided, you’ll see two files: w23L.wav and w23R.wav. Save the current selection as w23L. Press Ctrl+Shift+R to select the right channel, then click File > Save Selection As and save over w23R."

This part does not happen in the converter.  Or I might not quite understand what this means.

try your conversions a different way, try brstm making using audacity
    or Sony ACID (following my tutorial), which will guarantee your succession

Darth Indiana Bond
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #329 on: February 04, 2012, 12:21:46 PM »

Thanks for the link, but that one requires a registration in order to use ACID Pro 7.0

Pages:  1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24
    Print
    Jump to: