Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: (stages) Multiple ChrAmn in same modeldata  (Read 1861 times)
Robz
Drinking boss Epic
Special Access

I ain't no baby man.

• Awards Fiery Topic >9000 Diamond in the Rough Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « on: June 06, 2010, 12:37:48 AM »

how do you get your characters in the same modeldata read different ChrAmn? Like they all read the same one. Which is bad I made another ChrAmn but the character still refuses to use it. but instead stands there all frozen like a dumb[censored].
    Quote from OizenX: If they are in different .brres files there should be a problem.

if they are in the same brres, go through one of the models and rename all the bones somthing else, then go into the CHR0 and rename the bones the same thing

No. I wanna read from different AmnChr. The two anomations are in the same folder. But only the first one on top works. The second one fails and does nothing. All bones are different names I r not retarded *Well I am for running into this problem*

And I cant put the character model into another Modeldata[] folder or the game will crash.
    Modeldata[0] is the only one I get it working in. Give me knowledge.

Bros: dRage ~ Vish 
    Bang your fist to the ground. let people know your name. Always make people laugh. and always share your booze.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a1yoVv5Uto&feature=related
    Guy Gets f'ed up
    If you dont drink then you don't work hard enough. simply put. Drink after success. Not during.

dingo
    Angel Kitten

Il Matto

• Awards >9000 Troubleshooter Pin Collector Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 05:58:49 AM »

I'm pretty sure you can't add what isn't there to begin with. If the model you replaced has more then one animation to begin with it would be fine. Otherwise it can only use one animation. The stage wouldn't have any triggers to load a second animation for a single model.

Only way you really could would involve adding another model but you said you can't.

Mewtwo must come here to correct me if I'm wrong.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 06:17:17 AM »

Em... which stage is the one that has only modeldata[0] to work? It soulds like the temple O.o

Well, the rule for standard stages is that, every model in a modeldata will move because the first animation in that modeldata. The others will get ignored. Other stages have more than 1 animation in a modeldata, but that's because the rel file makes the stage use them when needed. The standard one in a standard stage is the first, and only the first.

If you're using an animation to place everything in the stage, and it's used for a moving model, if the lenght of the current animation and the one for the new model you want to add are different lengths, you won't be able to make them be in the same modeldata unless you adapt one of them to be the same length as the other. This way, you could mix both animations in a single animation and make more than 1 model having the animation in the same modeldata.

But, as I said... Which stage freezes when you try to import a model with its animation into modeldata101? Modeldata101 has always worked for me. It's the most useful thing in stages, because you have always an extra modeldata to work. Moving collisions are not working for this one, but that's nothing. Having extra models with their own animations is indeed useful, some of my stages wouldn't be working for wifi room in a proper way without this.

So... Just import your model and animations into modeldata101, keeping the poketrainer model in it... And it should be done this way O.o

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Robz
    Drinking boss Epic
    Special Access

I ain't no baby man.

• Awards Fiery Topic >9000 Diamond in the Rough Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 08:59:25 AM »

Em... which stage is the one that has only modeldata[0] to work? It soulds like the temple O.o

Well, the rule for standard stages is that, every model in a modeldata will move because the first animation in that modeldata. The others will get ignored. Other stages have more than 1 animation in a modeldata, but that's because the rel file makes the stage use them when needed. The standard one in a standard stage is the first, and only the first.

If you're using an animation to place everything in the stage, and it's used for a moving model, if the lenght of the current animation and the one for the new model you want to add are different lengths, you won't be able to make them be in the same modeldata unless you adapt one of them to be the same length as the other. This way, you could mix both animations in a single animation and make more than 1 model having the animation in the same modeldata.

But, as I said... Which stage freezes when you try to import a model with its animation into modeldata101? Modeldata101 has always worked for me. It's the most useful thing in stages, because you have always an extra modeldata to work. Moving collisions are not working for this one, but that's nothing. Having extra models with their own animations is indeed useful, some of my stages wouldn't be working for wifi room in a proper way without this.

So... Just import your model and animations into modeldata101, keeping the poketrainer model in it... And it should be done this way O.o
    I will try this. although the models I wanna give anomations too are characters.
    EDIT: it worked thanks mewtwo2000.
    « Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 09:18:53 AM by Robzdablade » Logged

Bros: dRage ~ Vish 
    Bang your fist to the ground. let people know your name. Always make people laugh. and always share your booze.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a1yoVv5Uto&feature=related
    Guy Gets f'ed up
    If you dont drink then you don't work hard enough. simply put. Drink after success. Not during.

Oizen
    Global Moderator

Thanks

• Awards King for a Day 128-bit Core Gamer Ceiling Cat >9000

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 11:29:57 AM »

How many animations can go in Modeldata101?

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 03:42:28 PM »

The rule is the same, only one. But if you need more modeldatas, just use a battlefield instead of a final destination, it works well but has more modeldatas.

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: