Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 26
Author Topic: Noobs guide to model swapping and glitch fixing :Update 7-28: Re-write for BB.67  (Read 101742 times)
Naruto200Man
Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #285 on: August 05, 2011, 10:46:04 AM »

Hey Snoops, when I want to port a model over to a different character.
    Should I port the normal character first and then replace that characters model/textures with the vertex I want to use?

Or would I port the vertexed/edited model

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #286 on: August 05, 2011, 03:08:31 PM »

Naru, just port the vertexed model.  vertexes don't affect the glitches that come from model swapping.  and it's easier that way.

and Fun Ghost, which character was Cyborg made from?  i've ran into similar issues, but i've never figured out the cause of it.

Ninka_kiwi
    Holy Kitten

Burn my Dread

• Awards 16-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #287 on: August 23, 2011, 01:14:15 PM »

Well I have a question...
    Are bosses able to be ported over any characters?
    I was trying to get ridley to work over pit but I keep getting freezes before a match even starts. (And yes I checked, ridley has more bones then pit)
    So I wasn't sure if you knew why it was freezing...

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #288 on: August 23, 2011, 01:20:49 PM »

yeah, bosses can be ported too.  any model can be.

as for the problem, it may be a file size issue.  try exporting the textures out, then re-importing them, but change the format to CMPR.  if they aren't CMPR format, it should drop the file size quite a bit.

i know it's possible to make Ridley work, i remember a long time ago that someone was working to make him work.  i think it was over Olimar, but he had Ridley working in game, so i know it's possible.

Ninka_kiwi
    Holy Kitten

Burn my Dread

• Awards 16-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #289 on: August 23, 2011, 01:25:09 PM »

Alrighty I'll try that, thank you!

Edit

It worked Cheesy
    Now to fix his other glitchs
    I just wanted to get that one out of the way first to see if he could even work...
    « Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 01:38:01 PM by Ninka_Kiwi » Logged

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #290 on: August 23, 2011, 03:35:39 PM »

cool, glad that it worked.  if anything else comes up that you need help with, just ask.

diedhammer98
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #291 on: August 23, 2011, 06:33:52 PM »

You know anything about fix Import Mario from New Super Mario Bros. Wii with
    "exploded into pieces when grabbed and TransN"?

I know how fix on TransN and HipN on brawl model...

But NSMBW models? I'm not sure...
    « Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 07:18:57 PM by diedhammer98 » Logged

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #292 on: August 23, 2011, 07:38:02 PM »

it should be corrected when you have a proper HipN with any model, when a bone named HipN and the HipN index that the Fitcharacter.pac match up. 

as for the NSMBWii models, they're a little interesting.  i don't have the Mario model, but i have a few of the Koopa Kids.  from what i can tell, the first bone (index 0) is basically the TransN, and the second bone (index 1) is the HipN.  unfortunately, Brawl won't animate the first bone of any structure due to hard coding, so it would require using other bones for the TransN and HipN.

try this, make the 'skl_root' bone (should be index 1) into the TransN, and the 'spine' bone (maybe around index 8 to 10) into the HipN bone, and adjust the FitCharacter.pac to reflect the new model.  you don't need to worry about the XRotN and the YRotN bones for now, simply because the NSMBWii models have as few bones as possible.  do that, and see if it corrects the issue.

diedhammer98
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #293 on: August 23, 2011, 09:38:38 PM »

I will do it later...

After Brawl Box 0.64 Modset 2 model builder is released.

I have New Super Mario Bros. Wii ISO.

Hubert Oswell
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #294 on: September 21, 2011, 04:39:31 PM »

Does anyone know how to relink bones using a hex editor? The mdl0s I'm editing don't seem to respond to everything except for the hex editor or brawlbox (barely)

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #295 on: September 21, 2011, 08:40:04 PM »

re-link bones?  what exactly do you mean by that?  re-indexing, or moving, or what?

also, which models are you trying to edit?  have you added any bones to them, or any other types of edits?

Hubert Oswell
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #296 on: September 22, 2011, 06:13:51 AM »

I'm trying to edit mdl0s from tales of symphonia 2. The model throws out many rules that make an mdl0. Some of the notable ones are that some bones have 14+ rows, while others have 0118 as a header. By relinking, I mean changing the locations of child bones to its proper parent bone. The only changes I made are that I used the autohexers made by fortwaffles

EDIT: I think I figured out how to fix these
    « Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 04:17:59 PM by Innerscope » Logged

TokoyamiTheDark
    Holy Kitten

常闇 - Everlasting Darkness

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen Hey! Listen! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #297 on: September 27, 2011, 09:46:37 PM »

I just don't understand the TransN, or the Walking and/or Running glitch fix. I wish to port Pokemon Trainer over Snake, and I've done the step to add bones so that it would work. I'm trying EVERYTHING to fix it, it still don't work, so I have a few questions about the tutorial.

1 - I tried porting Pokemon Trainer over Olimar, since they have the same TransN position, same number of bones etc... but the game crashes BEFORE Pokemon Trainer appears on the battle screen. Why?

2 - Tabuu gives me problems. I have Snake's PSA , then I go to FitCharacter/MiscData[0] -> Sections -> Data -> Misc. and then BoneRef, take the TransN bone, edit it to 1 to match Pokemon Trainer's TransN index, but the bone's name changes! I also edit it in the hex editor, save, the program crash...and I'm still stuck with the TransN glitch. How did this happened? Or, should I have Pokemon Trainer's PSA file instead?

I would like to fix the problem by either of these ways, by renaming the bones or using Tabuu. If I wanna rename the bones, should I rename Pokemon Trainer's 10th bone into "TransN" to allow the Pokemon Trainer to move freely? And what about the original TransN (1st bone)? Should I rename it to something un-related so Brawl won't confuse the 2 bones?
    « Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 09:56:10 PM by TokoyamiTheDark » Logged

I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! Sad

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #298 on: September 28, 2011, 12:11:44 AM »

huh, not sure why putting the PT over Olimar would do that... but i wouldn't rename the PT's 10th bone, since it's his right knee.  but yeah, you should only have one TransN bone, but that goes for any bone.  i'm not sure why the name of the bone would change when you change the index.  the program is supposed to crash, but that's because that was never fixed.  but if you're putting PT over Snake, then you'll need the FitSnake.pac. 

would you mind sending me the files, and i'll take a look?  from the sounds of it, you're doing it right, but it's still not working.

TokoyamiTheDark
    Holy Kitten

常闇 - Everlasting Darkness

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen Hey! Listen! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #299 on: September 28, 2011, 08:25:55 AM »

huh, not sure why putting the PT over Olimar would do that... but i wouldn't rename the PT's 10th bone, since it's his right knee.  but yeah, you should only have one TransN bone, but that goes for any bone.  i'm not sure why the name of the bone would change when you change the index.  the program is supposed to crash, but that's because that was never fixed.  but if you're putting PT over Snake, then you'll need the FitSnake.pac.  would you mind sending me the files, and i'll take a look?  from the sounds of it, you're doing it right, but it's still not working.

No prob. Note that there are 6 Pokemon Trainer .pcs files for all 6 Snakes files, and 2 of them have face paint, requests of my little cousin Mario Facepalm (I don't think I'll play Pokemon Coeum for a long time after those requests, but Dusclops would miss me, as I would do anyting to see that Ghost-type)

The zipped file contains all 6 Pokemon Trainer files (just in case you need the textures/models) and a raw FitSnake.pac file. Link : http://www.mediafire.com/?48jwm3gf4tmmg6u

NOTE : Message also sent as PM

I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! Sad

Pages:  1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 26
    Print
    Jump to: