Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 23 24 25 [26]
Author Topic: Noobs guide to model swapping and glitch fixing :Update 7-28: Re-write for BB.67  (Read 99716 times)
Mortimer
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #375 on: May 18, 2014, 09:30:51 AM »

Does anyone here know which bone reference cause the curry shot to not spawn? I'm not even sure that's the problem, but I can't see what else could be doing this.

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #376 on: May 18, 2014, 10:49:59 AM »

There's a major glitch when editing a certain character's moveset with brawlbox 68.
    When testing the edited moveset file in-game the character won't be able to do certain special moves like
    down B or side B. The neutral B isn't affected but the up B move works but not as expected.

Is there a way to fix those problems?

well, that's basically why the more recent versions of BrawlBox removed the moveset editor, because it often corrupted the files.  if it does corrupt it, then you'll need to use PSA, and then a hex editor/Tabuu for correcting the stuff this guide actually covers. 

Does anyone here know which bone reference cause the curry shot to not spawn? I'm not even sure that's the problem, but I can't see what else could be doing this.

as a matter of fact, i actually do.  i just found them a few days ago.  in BrawlBox (.67 to .68b), open the FitCharacter.pac, go into the MoveDef -> Sections -> data.  there will be a section called Bone Floats 1, which will have 3 references, one for the character's BustN area, and 2 for the general HeadN area.  the first is where Brawl puts the Franklin Badge and Screw Attack.  the second one is for the Bunny Hood and Lip's Stick flower.  the third is the Spicy Curry fire, which is the one your looking for.  each has which Bone it refers to, with the rest (i'm assuming, as i have yet to test this part) is the X Y and Z coordinates to put it from the base of the bone.  so try changing those to match the new character's bones, and see if that makes a difference.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #377 on: May 18, 2014, 12:15:01 PM »

as a matter of fact, i actually do.  i just found them a few days ago.  in BrawlBox (.67 to .68b), open the FitCharacter.pac, go into the MoveDef -> Sections -> data.  there will be a section called Bone Floats 1, which will have 3 references, one for the character's BustN area, and 2 for the general HeadN area.  the first is where Brawl puts the Franklin Badge and Screw Attack.  the second one is for the Bunny Hood and Lip's Stick flower.  the third is the Spicy Curry fire, which is the one your looking for.  each has which Bone it refers to, with the rest (i'm assuming, as i have yet to test this part) is the X Y and Z coordinates to put it from the base of the bone.  so try changing those to match the new character's bones, and see if that makes a difference.

Well, that's interesting. I had changed that values but had no success. And actually, I didn't realize the badges and bunny hood were not appearing. I managed to make the badges and bunny hood appear by changing the "unk2" value on the "Misc item bones" section. They were spawning on the bone id described on that value, 200 and 201. Maybe because the model has too many bones, it used those values instead of the bone floats. But still, I noticed the curry shots are also spawning there. I didn't see it before because the bone was too far away, and only noticed when I saw a franklin badge falling from the sky.  Tongue
    The curry shots were not fixed by changing the bone floats neither the misc item values, and I didn't find other values that could be doing that.

BronzeGreekGod
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Ninja Hey! Listen! Dedicated Hacker Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #378 on: July 16, 2014, 12:03:34 AM »

Hey guys. So ive done a character swap mod where im using Lucarios PSA with ganons model and motion files. I'm getting some decent progress and am semi successful, but i'm having problems with a couple of things.

I've looked through as many bone references in lucarios psa and changed them to ganondorfs reference numbers. I'm not sure if im missing some, but here are the 2 issues im bumping into:

1. My character cant be grabbed. When catch collisions connect with him the game freezes. Ive fixed the HipN bone and a whole bunch of others but am still getting this freeze. I dont know what else to do..

2. this isnt so much an "issue" as it is an aesthetic preference (and a necessity cause if i dont fix this it will look stupid). Does anyone know how to change what bone the aura sphere appears on? Right now it appears on ganondorfs shoulder. I want it to be on one of his "HaveN" bones or on the ThrowN bone. Any ideas on this?

If someone can help i will be eternally greatful!

Thanks Smiley

Lasercraft32
    Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #379 on: April 25, 2018, 12:52:52 PM »

How  do I swap marth and snakes models?

Modding is just a hobby of mine.

Pages:  1 ... 23 24 25 [26]
    Print
    Jump to: