Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26
Author Topic: Noobs guide to model swapping and glitch fixing :Update 7-28: Re-write for BB.67  (Read 99618 times)
Snoopy
Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #360 on: June 29, 2012, 05:06:47 PM »

well, the cause of that may be that it's using a different bone for the HaveN reference, hence the odd angle for holding items.  i would suggest looking at the new model's HaveN bone, and see if it matches where the FitCharacter.pac is looking.  if they match, then it certainly could be a different issue, but i'm pretty much sure it's a bone other than the HaveN that's being used.

also, for anyone that cares, i'll be completely re-writing this guide once BrawlBox .67 comes out, since it'll be able to do everything that's necessary to fix the issues this guide covers.

Novarek
    Extreme Kitten

Model import, PSA, SFX & GFX hacker

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #361 on: June 29, 2012, 06:38:21 PM »

well, the cause of that may be that it's using a different bone for the HaveN reference, hence the odd angle for holding items.  i would suggest looking at the new model's HaveN bone, and see if it matches where the FitCharacter.pac is looking.  if they match, then it certainly could be a different issue, but i'm pretty much sure it's a bone other than the HaveN that's being used.

Apparently you have right, the value are not the same, but i have a strange result...

In Brawlbox, the bone index value of RhaveN from the new model are 76.
    In Tabuu the file offset of 0x000 are 20FA0 and the value are 70.
    For the 0x001 the offset are 20FA4 and the value 63.

I open HxD and put the "Fit...pac" to edit, going on the offset 20FA0, and the value i find is 00 ?!

wtf ?! :p

Next project after Blaze

Model maker are now officialy wanted !

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #362 on: June 29, 2012, 10:16:56 PM »

well, Tabuu doesn't show the index quite properly... in HxD, use the search tool and put in ' 00000046 00000046 ', and it will take you right to where you need to make the changes.  also, you'll need the indexes for the RHandN and the ThrowN bones in order to correct for all the items.  there's the pic in the guide that you can see how it's set up, and what the different parts are.  remember though to convert the numbers to hex before putting them into HxD, so instead of 76, you'd put in 4C.

Novarek
    Extreme Kitten

Model import, PSA, SFX & GFX hacker

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #363 on: June 30, 2012, 06:08:44 PM »

well, Tabuu doesn't show the index quite properly... in HxD, use the search tool and put in ' 00000046 00000046 ',

Find, but they are in the offset 21008 and 2100C and... that all :p, if i check your pic, i should find another 46 in the area, but nothing.

I also see two 4C in the area (the hex value of the ThrowN bone from the old model), why two ???
    It's the FitKoopa.pac, maybe it's normal on him ?

And finaly and the only one who are normal, the four 3F (hex value from the RHandN from the old model) all together.

I start the change, see what hapend.

EDIT: It's work !!!

A BIG BIG BIG THANK YOU ! ^^

« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 06:30:56 PM by Novarek » Logged

Next project after Blaze

Model maker are now officialy wanted !

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #364 on: July 28, 2012, 12:23:56 AM »

ahem, yes.  complete re-write for the use of BrawlBox .67.  trust me, it makes everything soooo much easier to do.  literally, the only program you need to use now is BB, which is why a re-write was necessary.  no more hexing, no more Tabuu, just BB.  i haven't tested all the fixes in game, mainly because i don't have projects to try it on, but i'm confident that it'll work.  everything that Tabuu did, BB can do, and it's almost the same set up, but doesn't deal with hex numbers.  just remember, BB does everything in decimal, no hex. 

i also have the basics about moving bones around, but i have a more in depth guide and how it can be used in rigging to achieve better results and making bone mods work for the model, like a few of my rigs have (unreleased as of writing this...).

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #365 on: July 28, 2012, 12:49:21 AM »

Neat. o.o

But also...I'm wondering. I have a character who has Final Smash eyes. I model ported this character over onto Meta Knight (who does not have Final Smash eyes). I fixed all glitches, but there one question. Is it possible for me to give Meta Knight Final Smash eyes so that my model port's Final Smash eyes won't always show?

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #366 on: July 28, 2012, 01:47:41 AM »

well... i honestly have no idea how that would work.  i know that it has something to do with the Model Visibility in the FitCharacter.pac, but i'm not sure if you could just copy paste the data over and have it work.  that's why my rigs over Metaknight and Falcon don't have the yellow eyes, because they don't have it and i have no idea if it's possible to add or not.

ZX_BraveSol_ZX
    Supreme Kitten

Give them no quarter!

• Awards Heart Container Shadow the Pinhog B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #367 on: April 26, 2013, 03:58:37 PM »

I'm sorry for bump but has anyone here tackled the freezing in subspace emissary problem yet?

Never underestimate the power of the ass.

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #368 on: April 27, 2013, 01:59:20 PM »

oh yeah... that was one thing i was supposed to look into at one point...  do you have a particular file that won't work?  i'd like to try with a file that we know doesn't work and go from there.

Firelis
    Intermediate Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #369 on: June 01, 2013, 10:36:04 AM »

I perfectly know how to fix the sse freeze : just start with the .pac of the original char and save it as a .pac FIRST or it will freeze : .pac can be converted to .pcs perfectly but the invert doesn't work.

Chep9450
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #370 on: December 07, 2013, 08:56:16 AM »

Um I have a question, I got a .mqo file, I don't know how to convert it to .mdl0, can someone help me? Thanks.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #371 on: December 07, 2013, 10:34:13 AM »

Um I have a question, I got a .mqo file, I don't know how to convert it to .mdl0, can someone help me? Thanks.

Not the appropriate place to ask, but you'll need to find a way to get the .mqo file into 3ds Max. From there, rig it, export it as a DAE, then import it using the latest Brawl Box.

Any more questions, feel free to ask them here.

Chep9450
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #372 on: December 07, 2013, 12:33:23 PM »

Thank you mate, i'll begin searching for that right away.

BraveDragonWolf
    Supreme Kitten

People hate me...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Renowned Hacker Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #373 on: May 05, 2014, 12:57:25 PM »

There's a major glitch when editing a certain character's moveset with brawlbox 68.
    When testing the edited moveset file in-game the character won't be able to do certain special moves like
    down B or side B. The neutral B isn't affected but the up B move works but not as expected.

Is there a way to fix those problems?

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #374 on: May 05, 2014, 02:28:14 PM »

There's a major glitch when editing a certain character's moveset with brawlbox 68.
    When testing the edited moveset file in-game the character won't be able to do certain special moves like
    down B or side B. The neutral B isn't affected but the up B move works but not as expected.

Is there a way to fix those problems?

Nice 4 month Necro. :v

BrawlBox versions that allow moveset editing don't support Bowser, Ice Climbers, King Dedede, Yoshi, Giga Bowser, Kirby, and Samus. Editing those characters with BrawlBox will result in guaranteed glitches and/or crashes.

You're better off using PSA. But if it's not any of the aforementioned characters, then you should make a Help Thread.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Pages:  1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26
    Print
    Jump to: