Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 26
Author Topic: Noobs guide to model swapping and glitch fixing :Update 7-28: Re-write for BB.67  (Read 99626 times)
Sajiao Omelette
Holy Kitten

Paramedics finished her text, "...love you."

• Awards Fiery Topic Starstormer Heart Container KCMM Old Timer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #60 on: August 02, 2010, 04:01:57 PM »

Is it because the bone adding always has to be last? After I added bones, I renamed some stuff...

Or maybe it's because I used the model resizer? I think I added bones first, actually... is that why?

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #61 on: August 02, 2010, 05:15:55 PM »

as a general rule, adding bones should be done after you're sure no other hex changes need to happen.  you can rename bones anytime, and i've never used the model resizer. 

I'm pretty much sure the reason it was freezing is because of the way you were getting Kat's texture to show up on the first model, you renamed the models to something else other than FitPopo00 and FitNana00.  because when i did it,

this was the result.  this is them with their own models.  and it turns out that the problem wasn't having the same model, it loaded as well, but it was 2 Ana's instead, but still had the same stretching.  and i tried to get rid of the stretching, but i can't, and i'm not exactly sure how to anyways.  it's a shame, too, because they don't have huge hurtboxes, and they look decent on the Ice Climbers as well.  sorry i can't get them working all the way. 

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #62 on: August 02, 2010, 06:06:03 PM »

Hmm... did you start from scratch to make that?

Instead of Kat and Ana, Kat was right handed and Ana was left handed, and both Ice Climbers are left handed, so I had two models of Ana, but one was retextured to look like Kat.

I changed the texture reference by going to Textures1 (or something) and just renaming it, and also renaming the references in Materials. I guess that's not the real way to do it... I've done it before, though, and it didn't freeze...

So the models still need to be called FitPopo00 and FitNana00? I replaced the entire ModelData[0] instead of the model only, so the model names changed, too...

In the picture, their arms and legs are really stretched, so I used the model resizer to fix that... I guess that doesn't fix the real stretching, though.

Thanks for trying to help! I might ask around, maybe...

EDIT: Can I have the download for the files in the image above, please?
    « Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 06:09:09 PM by Sumire Omelette » Logged

Beyond
    ♥God of Love
    Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #63 on: August 02, 2010, 06:27:58 PM »

as a general rule, adding bones should be done after you're sure no other hex changes need to happen.  you can rename bones anytime, and i've never used the model resizer. 

I'm pretty much sure the reason it was freezing is because of the way you were getting Kat's texture to show up on the first model, you renamed the models to something else other than FitPopo00 and FitNana00.  because when i did it,

this was the result.  this is them with their own models.  and it turns out that the problem wasn't having the same model, it loaded as well, but it was 2 Ana's instead, but still had the same stretching.  and i tried to get rid of the stretching, but i can't, and i'm not exactly sure how to anyways.  it's a shame, too, because they don't have huge hurtboxes, and they look decent on the Ice Climbers as well.  sorry i can't get them working all the way. 

<_< I made that a while back. I stopped working on it for the same reason and they froze when grabbed.

It'd be cool if someone could make 'em work.

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #64 on: August 02, 2010, 06:57:55 PM »

yeah, i started from scratch, but that was to make sure that they could work over the Ice Climbers.  and i did try using both Ana models, but i got the exact same results as when i used different ones.

but like i said, i'm pretty sure it's because the models in the FitPopo00 file were named differently.  when i got to the point pictured, i compared it to yours, and the only major difference was that the models had different names.  it's good to know though, i've never changed the model name like how your's was.

and here's the download.  i'll continue trying a few different things to see if it works, but don't expect anything, at this point it's pretty well trial and error to figure out what's wrong.

http://www.mediafire.com/?y4te3967lx176kp

it has the FitPopo00.pcs file i was using, it has the original texturedata[0], and it has 3 sets of .mdl0 files, 1 original set, 1 with proper bone hexing so they'll show up in game without the need of a smash ball, and 1 with the proper hexing and 45 bones, because once you add bones, changes in a hex editor wont show up.

my theory is that something is weird with the HipN which is causing the stretching, and the freezing when being grabbed.  but i'm not entirely sure.

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #65 on: August 08, 2010, 02:45:40 PM »

Thanks for the download! It has a ton of stuff... and I have no idea how to fix the problem...

How do you fix the tiny shield glitch?

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #66 on: August 08, 2010, 04:07:05 PM »

uh... you don't?   i'm still unsure of how to fix it.  i've been testing a few things, but nothings worked so far.  it's basically because the shield has an animation on the ThrowN, but since model imports usually have fewer bones than the original, an ExtraBone is in place of the ThrowN, and it aparently won't apply the animaton that the shield should have because all the added bones reference the TopN which somehow cancels the animation, and that's why the shield is tiny and on the ground.  i've seen a few imports with more bones than the replaced character, but when it shields, a random body part grows and shrinks with the shield.

basically, as of right now, there's no fix for tiny shields, except for having more original bones than the replaced character.

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #67 on: August 08, 2010, 05:39:47 PM »

Uh... I started trying to do another port, this time ZSS over Marth. I exported the MDL0 from ZSS's costume, hex edited the model so that the right hand index matched that of Marth's sword (so the hitboxes and sword glows would be more accurate), and then edited the index of the bone that used to be in that spot to be the index of the right hand.

It didn't freeze in game or anything, but ZSS's body is totally white, but her head and hair have color. Also, the sword glow is in her hand, but the sword glow and the hitboxes are on her feet. Could this be related to a bone problem or anything like that?

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #68 on: August 08, 2010, 08:02:45 PM »

you're just full of problems, arent you?  Grin    not a bad thing, it keeps me busy doing something, at least.

so which bones exactly did you move?  looking at their models, i would think you moved RHandN (index 45) on ZSS to SwordN (index 65) on Marth, but i just want to be sure.  the wierd hitboxes could be from moving the bones, but i wouldn't think the texture problem would be.  did you replace the texturedata[0] of Marth with ZSS's?  if you did, then all i can suggest at the moment is try doing the swap again, but without moving the bones to see if it gives the same result.  if everything turns out the same, then it's not from moving the  bones around.  try this and post what you get.

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #69 on: August 08, 2010, 08:33:51 PM »

Yeah, I have problems with everything Tongue

Yep, I moved RHandN over to index 65, and moved whatever was on 65 to where ever RHandN started at.

I did the whole TextureData[0] thing, and at first, Marth had that problem where he took textures from the stage or his enemies.

Then I noticed that the body texture only was CI8 and had a palette, so I reimported that as CMPR, RGB5A3, and RGB565, and all of them resulted in having a totally white body. The face still worked, though.

Her pinky is all stretched out and the sword glow is still attached to her feet.

Here's the file if it helps you help me... sorry for making you do so much work to help me...

I'll try doing the things in your post tomorrow...

Thanks!
    « Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 08:37:10 PM by Sumire Omelette » Logged

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #70 on: August 08, 2010, 09:50:22 PM »

uh... you don't?   i'm still unsure of how to fix it.  i've been testing a few things, but nothings worked so far.  it's basically because the shield has an animation on the ThrowN, but since model imports usually have fewer bones than the original, an ExtraBone is in place of the ThrowN, and it aparently won't apply the animaton that the shield should have because all the added bones reference the TopN which somehow cancels the animation, and that's why the shield is tiny and on the ground.  i've seen a few imports with more bones than the replaced character, but when it shields, a random body part grows and shrinks with the shield.

basically, as of right now, there's no fix for tiny shields, except for having more original bones than the replaced character.

so if the mdl0 offsets are correct and not the topN bone's mdl0 offsets it would work? Or are you talking about the nodeld?

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #71 on: August 08, 2010, 10:03:33 PM »

^ Uh... I have to admit that I'm not sure what you mean by that... but that gives me an idea that might be what you mean...

What would happen if you just moved the ThrowN bone to the right index?

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #72 on: August 08, 2010, 10:15:17 PM »

this is what i got, started from scratch though, and no bone hexing.  i then applied your textures, and it gave me the same thing as the second pic you have.  it might be the texture files themselves, but i noticed that your textures were missing the palletes.  well, the only ZSS texture with a pallete is the Fit_Nsam_body texture.  ZSS only has one texture for her entire body, minus the head, which conveniently matches the white area of the second pic.  try re-applying the pallete and see if that fixes it.

as for the bones and sword glow, when i did it, the glow appeared on the ground by her feet, and obviously the hitboxes were off because of the lack of a sword.  but let me ask you this, what exactly are you trying for?  are you trying to give ZSS hitboxes like she's holding a sword?  are you trying to limit the ammount in PSA you have to do by making her hand where the sword hitboxes attach?  are you trying for a one slot ZSS with a different character texture over Marth?  if you're doing a full character replacement, all you'd have to do is go into PSA and re-assign which hitboxes attach to which bones, instead of moving the bones around.  should be the same with the sword glow.

actually, a thought just occured to me.  Marth's sword bones are bone index 65-68, and ZSS only has 66 bones, that's most likely why the sword glow and hitboxes are comming from her feet.  if this is the case, then only PSA will fix it.

Edit: Theshyguy, basically the way the shield works is by using the ThrowN as the bone for it's animation.  when an added bone is in the place of the replaced character's ThrowN, it mimics the TopN bone almost completely except for the BoneIndex and StringOffset.  the TopN must have something hardcoded for it to not accept animations.  if there were any other bone in that spot, then it will act like normal.  the problem is then that we can't move bones further than the last bone in the structure, that i can remember doing at least, i haven't tried it recently. 

dang it, now i need to go try it again.  look what you did. Tongue

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #73 on: August 08, 2010, 10:54:08 PM »

When I applied the textures with the palette, it resulted in the first pic that I had. I'll try again, though.

Marth's sword being bone index 65 was why I hexed ZSS's right hand to have an index of 65, so the hitboxes and sword glow would match up. So I won't need PSA, right...?

I was really going for a one-slot ZSS port over Marth, but I guess it won't work... >.<

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #74 on: August 08, 2010, 11:10:47 PM »

yeah, that makes sense then.  i tried to move some bones around to see if that would work, but it doesn't seem like it will.  maybe if ZSS actually had her gun attached to her model, it might have, but since swords are given bones and the hitboxes are attached to the sword bones, a one slot won't work, it would require a PSA to fix.  and maybe you just need a different format with the pallete?  i don't see how the original works, but the one you made doesn't.  so, yeah, sorry i couldn't help much with this one. 

oh, and i tried moving ZSS ThrowN (index 66) to Marth's (index 70), but it still gave me the tiny shield.  the shield animation must be hard coded to the exact index that the original character's ThrowN.  i'll still work on finding a fix, but just moving a bone into the proper index won't fix the tiny shield problem.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 26
    Print
    Jump to: