Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 26
Author Topic: Noobs guide to model swapping and glitch fixing :Update 7-28: Re-write for BB.67  (Read 99710 times)
KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine
Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #225 on: February 20, 2011, 06:03:05 PM »

For some reason whenever I port a Pokepark wii model over Ness, I can't fix the grab freezing.

Again, there is no ThrowN bone, so there is no throwing. /:
    Damn, unless there was a way to rebuild the model bones, then a Pokepark Wii import is impossible?

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #226 on: February 20, 2011, 06:05:43 PM »

Damn, unless there was a way to rebuild the model bones, then a Pokepark Wii import is impossible?

Pretty much. Importation is possible, no doubt, it's just not easy to work with due to all the glitches that come with it. :|

We're gonna have to wait for someway to insert bones with functionality, and who knows when that'll happen, if at all.

Fliptocat
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #227 on: February 20, 2011, 06:07:03 PM »

??? Pretty sure thrownN bone doesn't affect throwing, aside from where your target goes. If everything needed a throwN there'd be no successful model imports. :/
    Think of the Lloyd PSA, it has a shield, and I don't think the DotNW models have throwN bones.
    And you made sure you renamed the HipN, right?  Sometimes Brawlbox doesn't save that kind of stuff properly.
    « Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 06:08:25 PM by Fliptocat » Logged

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #228 on: February 20, 2011, 06:15:31 PM »

yeah, the Pokepark models can be fun to work with sometimes.  the shield problems are because of a lack of a ThrowN in the proper index, and for the grab glitch it should be a HipN problem.  

Ghork and xxmasal22xx, for the shield, you probably can get it to work, i'm just a little unsure as i haven't had time to test this yet.  but using TheShyGuy's Bone Tree Editor, you can take an ExtraBone and attach it to where you want (try attaching it to the third bone first, it should be equivalent to the HipN), then rename that to ThrowN, and change the ThrowN BoneRef in Tabuu accordingly.  i think i did get it to work on one model, but i can't remember if it was the shield or the TransN and HipN i was testing.

KingJigglypuff, it's probably a HipN problem you're having.  if i remember correctly, the Pokepark models can match up better to Brawl models if you rename the bones like this; TopN > TransN > HipN > then the rest of the structure should branch out from there.  a ThrowN bone will also help, but the lack of one shouldn't cause freezings, it should just make it so the model doesn't move/follow how it should be thrown while being thrown.

and actually, we can use the ExtraBones, they just won't be attached to the model in any way, which makes for a perfect ThrowN bone.  the problem is getting them where you need them to be.
    « Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 06:17:16 PM by snoopy » Logged

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #229 on: February 20, 2011, 06:22:06 PM »

and actually, we can use the ExtraBones, they just won't be attached to the model in any way, which makes for a perfect ThrowN bone.  the problem is getting them where you need them to be.

..... really? O_O

Hm, my model-swapping information is a tad bit outdated then....

This should come in handy, since there are a couple tentative model-swaps I need to do.

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #230 on: February 20, 2011, 06:33:46 PM »

trust me, my entire guide is a bit dated.  there's probably parts i haven't touched since i posted it last June, and just a little bit has happened since.

but yeah, you can use the ExtraBones.  it turns out that FortWaffle's bone adding program basically copies the entire model, pastes it to the end, changes a few pointers, and adds the bones into the data at the end.  if you want to change it, then open a model in hex before you add the bones, write down where it ends, add the desired amount of bones, re-open it in hex, go to where you wrote down, and you'll see the header data of the model again.  just go down to the bone data in the second model data, and make the changes you want, and it will change it.  this is why i was under the assumption that you couldn't hex changes after adding bones, i never realized that there was a second set of data that was read.

but if you want to use the ExtraBones, get TheShyGuy's Bone Tree Editor program, put the ExtraBones where you want, and change the BoneRef's in Tabuu, and you're good to go.  i did test out if it they could be used as the important bones (TransN, HipN, and ThrowN), and from what i remember, they all worked.  it was shortly after that i went back to school and have done almost no hacking since.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #231 on: February 20, 2011, 06:36:04 PM »

trust me, my entire guide is a bit dated.  there's probably parts i haven't touched since i posted it last June, and just a little bit has happened since.

but yeah, you can use the ExtraBones.  it turns out that FortWaffle's bone adding program basically copies the entire model, pastes it to the end, changes a few pointers, and adds the bones into the data at the end.  if you want to change it, then open a model in hex before you add the bones, write down where it ends, add the desired amount of bones, re-open it in hex, go to where you wrote down, and you'll see the header data of the model again.  just go down to the bone data in the second model data, and make the changes you want, and it will change it.  this is why i was under the assumption that you couldn't hex changes after adding bones, i never realized that there was a second set of data that was read.

but if you want to use the ExtraBones, get TheShyGuy's Bone Tree Editor program, put the ExtraBones where you want, and change the BoneRef's in Tabuu, and you're good to go.  i did test out if it they could be used as the important bones (TransN, HipN, and ThrowN), and from what i remember, they all worked.  it was shortly after that i went back to school and have done almost no hacking since.

..... that's crazy. O_o I thought the extra bones were just garbage data slapped on at the end. XD I might test this out and see if I can get project Umbreon back from the dead...

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #232 on: February 20, 2011, 07:09:42 PM »

nope, they're real bones.  they're just not attached to the model in any way, much like the ThrowN.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #233 on: February 20, 2011, 07:13:54 PM »

nope, they're real bones.  they're just not attached to the model in any way, much like the ThrowN.
    But isn't it hard to use?

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #234 on: February 20, 2011, 09:17:39 PM »

well, it's a little hard to get the ExtraBone where you want it, but i was using the beta version of the Bone Tree Editor, which is apparently a lot harder to use than the newer one.  but once you get it into place, all you have to do is change the BoneRef in Tabuu and it should work.  all the ExtraBones reference the TopN, which is why the shield doesn't work over the ExtraBones to begin with, because Brawl's coding doesn't allow for any animation to affect the first bone of the structure.  so once you get the ExtraBone to have a parent of something else (the HipN bone is usually a good one, or whatever bone would be the HipN), it can use the shield animation, and won't remain tiny and at the model's feet.

Ghork
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #235 on: February 21, 2011, 05:33:23 AM »

but if you want to use the ExtraBones, get TheShyGuy's Bone Tree Editor program, put the ExtraBones where you want, and change the BoneRef's in Tabuu, and you're good to go.  i did test out if it they could be used as the important bones (TransN, HipN, and ThrowN), and from what i remember, they all worked.  it was shortly after that i went back to school and have done almost no hacking since.

Didn't work for me, and at first all extrabones got the same bone index afterwards.
    I then changed all their names (ExtraBone01, .... ExtraBone30). Got some error when trying to save in BB but it saved. Then I tried moving the bone again. I got it moved changed name to ThrowN and changed FitCharacter.pac in tabuu to have the right index.
    Shield is still small... Or do I need to do this as well :

but yeah, you can use the ExtraBones.  it turns out that FortWaffle's bone adding program basically copies the entire model, pastes it to the end, changes a few pointers, and adds the bones into the data at the end.  if you want to change it, then open a model in hex before you add the bones, write down where it ends, add the desired amount of bones, re-open it in hex, go to where you wrote down, and you'll see the header data of the model again.  just go down to the bone data in the second model data, and make the changes you want, and it will change it.  this is why i was under the assumption that you couldn't hex changes after adding bones, i never realized that there was a second set of data that was read.
    ?

EDIT: maybe I could upload the file and you could try it?
    « Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 09:08:57 AM by Ghork » Logged

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #236 on: February 21, 2011, 11:08:11 AM »

you can't just rename the bones, you have to use the Bone Tree Editor to move the ExtraBones.  and you have to change at least one to not reference the first bone, which is why the shield is still small.

but sure, go ahead and send me the files and i'll do it.  do you want just a ThrowN bone, or do you want a few others as well?  i'd probably have to see the bone structure first though.  they should already have a decent TransN and HipN spot.

Ghork
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #237 on: February 21, 2011, 11:42:54 AM »

you can't just rename the bones, you have to use the Bone Tree Editor to move the ExtraBones.  and you have to change at least one to not reference the first bone, which is why the shield is still small.

but sure, go ahead and send me the files and i'll do it.  do you want just a ThrowN bone, or do you want a few others as well?  i'd probably have to see the bone structure first though.  they should already have a decent TransN and HipN spot.
    I did move and had to rename for it to work, ah never mind I'm not very good at explaining, yeah just do that ThrowN one and let's see if it works, then maybe I can do others myself if I'm required to.
    Okay I'll PM you the file soon (the one which I haven't changed the bones in).

xxmasal22xx
    Holy Kitten

The epic importer

• Awards Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran Heart Container

« Reply #238 on: February 21, 2011, 02:31:12 PM »

For some reason whenever I port a Pokepark wii model over Ness, I can't fix the grab freezing.

Again, there is no ThrowN bone, so there is no throwing. /:

ThrowN can be hexed can't it?

EDIT* c Ghork? i waz right about the bone tree editor!
    « Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 02:34:40 PM by xxmasal22xx » Logged

By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

MEMORABLE QUOTES:
    Tcll:  I <3 69
    xxmasal22xx: Hey, you should probably go to the hop[censored]al
    BlackJax96: everything is so ROUND

[SPOILERED. Reason: Whole signature size must be under 250px.]

Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
    http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Ghork
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #239 on: February 21, 2011, 03:15:18 PM »

EDIT* c Ghork? i waz right about the bone tree editor!
    Not that I think it should be discussed here but I'm not convinced yet.

Pages:  1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 26
    Print
    Jump to: