Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 26
Author Topic: Noobs guide to model swapping and glitch fixing :Update 7-28: Re-write for BB.67  (Read 100750 times)
xxmasal22xx
Holy Kitten

The epic importer

• Awards Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #240 on: February 21, 2011, 06:33:16 PM »

EDIT* c Ghork? i waz right about the bone tree editor!
    Not that I think it should be discussed here but I'm not convinced yet.

lol. Well , we'll c.

By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

MEMORABLE QUOTES:
    Tcll:  I <3 69
    xxmasal22xx: Hey, you should probably go to the hop[censored]al
    BlackJax96: everything is so ROUND

[SPOILERED. Reason: Whole signature size must be under 250px.]

Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
    http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #241 on: April 20, 2011, 09:52:15 AM »

Does Snoopy still check by here?
    I have the true fix to hurtboxes thanks to Toomai.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301220

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12512652&postcount=4

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #242 on: April 20, 2011, 12:08:52 PM »

yeah, i do.  i did see that, i just didn't quite understand it though.  granted, i haven't really tried too much, i'm incredibly busy with school, and my finals are in 2 weeks (i have 5 i have to take, bleh).

but from what i understand, this isn't just editing it in Tabuu, it's actually re-connecting the hurtboxes to new bones, right?  so you would manually hex the changes in?  and once the numbers are converted, you hex that number in the bone index reference?

and where would you get the info for the flags?  in your example, it has a flag, but where do you get it from?

hughie
    Special Access

• Awards Renowned Hacker Hot Topic >9000 Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #243 on: April 20, 2011, 12:37:11 PM »

Have a question here.

Okay, so I made a slot slot port (Grey Fox over Sheik) and he dissapears when he's doing a dodge. Is there any causes and ways to fix this?

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #244 on: April 20, 2011, 05:20:48 PM »

like, only disappears when he dodges?  that's quite weird.  to be honest, i haven't a clue how to fix that.  i would think it may have something to do with how Sheik dodges, but it shouldn't be any different than any other character.  so, i don't know how. 

maybe you could just say he's doing a super ninja dodge? [/being stupid]

hughie
    Special Access

• Awards Renowned Hacker Hot Topic >9000 Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #245 on: April 20, 2011, 06:25:12 PM »

All right, I'll just have to look into it more.

xxmasal22xx
    Holy Kitten

The epic importer

« Reply #246 on: April 21, 2011, 09:53:45 AM »

All right, I'll just have to look into it more.

check out the dodge animation in brlbx, see if it makes him disappear IN the animation.

How long does he disappear for in game???

By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

MEMORABLE QUOTES:

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

« Reply #247 on: April 21, 2011, 04:09:04 PM »

Hey Snoopy
    Do you mind making a step-by-step tutorial on how to import "fixed" characters from other games into brawl?
    Also how to rip the skeleton from a brawl character and attatch it to a different character?

IE: Take Marths bones out, replace marth with say Yamamoto from CON Revolution 3 and give him marth's bones?

SSJCerious
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #248 on: April 21, 2011, 04:37:58 PM »

You cant do that. You have to edit th current bones to match the character you want.

i THINK

Thanks to soul for this sexy siggy!
    Central Thread:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21501.msg402601#msg402601

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #249 on: April 21, 2011, 06:51:44 PM »

at least until the .mdl0 converter is finished, you can't just simply remove and replace bone structures, unless it's something i've missed.  but it would involve a lot more than just removing the bone structure.  mainly because you'd have to re-connect the verticies back to the bones, which we can't import back into Brawl as of now, which is where the converter would come in.  you'd have to match Yamamoto's bones to Marth's, which would inevitably be a mess, or just make new animations for him, but 300ish animations certainly takes a while to do.

as for the tutorial on 'fixed' characters, what exactly do you mean by 'fixed'?  like characters that are already in the .mdl0 format, and have the headers and polygons fixed? 

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

« Reply #250 on: April 21, 2011, 07:12:02 PM »

Yes that sort of fixed is what I mean. Until the mdlo converter comes out however, it's more of an item than a character.

see I have a sword of Emils that I want to replace Ganondorf's taunt sword with. But no luck so far. Sad Well, I should say I've had partially good luck, the texture appears. but it's stuck between ganondorfs legs...in 2D

I've also tried replacing luigi's fireball with it, but sadly after using the bone adder I get the "unhandled exception" error when I open that model up in BB >_<

I just got word from BJ(He answered me in the "MDL0 to DAE" thread) that his converter is around 50-60% done, if not that close then closer to fifty percent. Guess I'll have to wait paitently until then Smiley

But dammit, I wants Tsunade/Yamamoto/Kirin in brawl nao XD  Also possibly sai Cheesy I've read books on that guy ya know 

xxmasal22xx
    Holy Kitten

The epic importer

« Reply #251 on: April 21, 2011, 07:46:06 PM »

see I have a sword of Emils that I want to replace Ganondorf's taunt sword with. But no luck so far. Sad Well, I should say I've had partially good luck, the texture appears. but it's stuck between ganondorfs legs...in 2D

I've also tried replacing luigi's fireball with it, but sadly after using the bone adder I get the "unhandled exception" error when I open that model up in BB >_<

Hey, NaruZeldaMaster, you know how to get models from tales of symphonia

oh, snoopy! i almost forgot, do you know how to FIX the TOS: dawn of the new world models? Fortwaffles's model hexing programs don't work on them, and you see, the bones are messed up in the models....

if you could bith get back to me on that, id really appreciate it! Smiley

MEMORABLE QUOTES:

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #252 on: April 21, 2011, 07:53:28 PM »

well, for any model, once the header and polygons are fixed, then it's just simply replacing one model with the fixed model, and that's basically it.  then it just becomes more of a matter of glitch fixing.  

and about the sword Naru, how many bones does it have?  and are there certain bones that move the entire model, much like a TransN bone does?

and xxmasal22xx, i haven't tried, but from what i understand (at least from what RTB said when fixing up Lloyd), the model needs to be almost completely rebuilt.  i suppose i could take a shot at it, just send me the model you want fixed.  though it may take a while, mainly because i'm down to the last few weeks of the semester, and that's usually when most projects are due and the professors give out the most homework.

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

« Reply #253 on: April 21, 2011, 08:01:24 PM »

@ XX: How to get the models is like any other game. Get the ISO of your chosen reagon for the game ya want and use wii scrubber.(I suggest googling Wii Scrubber 1.40) if it's a character that you're after, open the second partition, then find the catagory chr and click the pluss sign.

You'll have to dig around to find the character you want cause they're named weird. Kakashi in CON 3's ISO is labled KaK and Shikumaru's is Shik etc.

Actually the TOS2 Models do work with the mdl0 fixer.

At least with the weapons anyway.

After you do the three programs, open up the "fixed" bress in a hex editor and find the "MDL0" text on the right side of the window. Change the 0 at the end of MDL0 to "2" (without quotes) Save it, then run the programs again with the BRESS file. After that, open it up in a hex editor again and change the "2" back to a "0"

I managed to fix all of emils weapons ( http://www.mediafire.com/file/mv4ukk4unm1liqa/Renamed%20Weapons.zip <-- there ya go if you want em. They're renamed properly, at least I think so. Only one of his weapons didn't work with the fixer. I'm assuming it's possibly a "dummy" sword or something) with this method so I know it works. Smiley

@ Snoopy: Yeah, the sword has a Have N, and a Trans n I think.
    You can download the swordds via the mediafire link I gave XX Most of the swords have 4 bones I think.

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #254 on: April 21, 2011, 08:29:36 PM »

it looks like the swords all have the same setup, just a guess from looking at a few, which obviously makes sense why they'd be the same.

but Naru, try this, try renaming the bottom 3 bones to match Ganondorf's sword's bones.  so basically, rename KK_emi05_ki_00_01 to HaveN, at_loc_00 to SwordN, and ki_00_00 to SwordM.  if my theory is correct, Emil's sword should then be animated like Ganondorf's. 

Pages:  1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 26
    Print
    Jump to: