Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 26
Author Topic: Noobs guide to model swapping and glitch fixing :Update 7-28: Re-write for BB.67  (Read 99588 times)
Hubert Oswell
Hyper Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #300 on: September 28, 2011, 02:57:23 PM »

I was trying to port Cless (made by Angel Glory) over mario.
    I added the bones, fixed the unknown numbers problem, hexed the bodyM at the same position as the TransN, and used Tabuu to reposition the bone locations.

When I tried to play as Cless, he doesn't appear and a large lag appears.
    Is there anything else I have to do in order to see the model in-game?

If this helps, Cless is actually a texture hack of Isaac

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #301 on: October 02, 2011, 04:39:43 PM »

you did sopmethign wrong. i ported pkmn trainer over olimar, and the bones where diffrent.

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #302 on: October 02, 2011, 10:07:30 PM »

if the model doesn't appear, then you'll need to hex the bone index to be different.  yeah, Tabuu can do it, but it's harder to find the right index you're supposed to move.  and when you say you fixed the unknown numbers problem, what did you edit?

as for the lag, i'm not too sure.  the only time i get lags are when i remove a polygon i shouldn't have, or from the stage itself.  are you sure it's not either of those 2 things?

Hubert Oswell
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #303 on: October 03, 2011, 09:04:20 AM »

I'll probably have to reposition the bonerefs using hex. Tabuu doesn't work like SmashAttacks does.

By fixing the unknown numbers problem, I meant fixing the header by replacing bytes with "00," such as the ones in in offset 40

That BattleToad PSA Guy
    Supreme Kitten

"STOMPIN' TIME!"

• Awards Heart Container RAGE!! Tutorial Writer Hey! Listen!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #304 on: October 26, 2011, 06:51:04 PM »

Hey, Snoop!

I have a few questions reguarding a few glitches I've encountered with my latest BattleToad fix...

1) Due to the new WaitItem i've made, He can no longer grab items. Otherwise, The game freezes.

2) When using my SideB or after grabbing and throwing someone, the game freezes. This is an issue that was never had before.

3) Some animations look like the right arm is shoved into his wrist.

What should I do?

Formally Known As The Ant Formally Known As Flik

TokoyamiTheDark
    Holy Kitten

常闇 - Everlasting Darkness

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen Hey! Listen! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #305 on: October 26, 2011, 08:33:40 PM »

Snoopy, is there any way to fix this glitch when porting models? I can't get the actual model to be rigged, so I need to have the Pkmn Trainer texture instead... But the so-stretch is anoying me, how can I fix it? (It's over Snake)

I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! Sad

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #306 on: October 27, 2011, 12:38:28 PM »

Hey, Snoop!

I have a few questions reguarding a few glitches I've encountered with my latest BattleToad fix...

1) Due to the new WaitItem i've made, He can no longer grab items. Otherwise, The game freezes.

2) When using my SideB or after grabbing and throwing someone, the game freezes. This is an issue that was never had before.

3) Some animations look like the right arm is shoved into his wrist.

What should I do?

1)  if you know for sure that it's the new animation you made for him, then replace it with the old one and see if the issue is still there.  if it isn't there, then make a new animation. 

2)  did you replace it with a new animation as well?  or is there something else you might have changed about it?  i'm not sure why an issue like that would just jump in from nowhere like that.

3)  fix the animations.

Snoopy, is there any way to fix this glitch when porting models?
    I can't get the actual model to be rigged, so I need to have the Pkmn Trainer texture instead... But the so-stretch is anoying me, how can I fix it? (It's over Snake)

like i told you a few weeks ago, no i don't know how to fix that problem.  i would suggest using the new BrawlBox and fixing him to match Snake.  either that, or put him on a different character.  that's how i've dealt with that issue before.

That BattleToad PSA Guy
    Supreme Kitten

"STOMPIN' TIME!"

• Awards Heart Container RAGE!! Tutorial Writer Hey! Listen!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #307 on: October 27, 2011, 03:33:29 PM »

1) OK, I'll give it a try.

2) I have no idea why this happens. It MAY have something to do with BrawlBox's reaction to Ganondorf's MotionPac...

3) I plan to.

Formally Known As The Ant Formally Known As Flik

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

« Reply #308 on: November 17, 2011, 06:20:18 PM »

Hey Snoops I got a question.

The way I rigged my Hinata import is that Zelda's Left and Right Armor N bones are rigged to her left and right Kunai respectively. I want to know if there's a way to make the kunai polygons disappear and appear when needed.

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #309 on: November 17, 2011, 08:38:15 PM »

from the sounds of it, all you'd have to do is just shrink the bones down to hide them.  i don't think Zelda has any polygons that pop in and out, otherwise you could set the visibility bone of the Kunais to the bone that controls the polygon that comes in and out, like Ness's bat.

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

« Reply #310 on: November 17, 2011, 08:44:08 PM »

Hmm....shrinking them down.... that sounds a lot easier than trying to figure out the polygon thing.

thanks for the tip ^+^

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Texture Artist Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #311 on: December 09, 2011, 04:18:11 PM »

I've never checked on how to do this lately, and I didn't really read the whole thread, but how do I keep characters from running in place?

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #312 on: December 09, 2011, 06:53:48 PM »

the TransN bone.

here's the portion you'll need.
    3b TransN, or the Walking and/or Running glitch. This can be a tricky one to fix, because the TransN of the new model MUST be in the same spot as the replaced model, but there’s 2 ways to fix it, a one slot swap, and full character fix. 
    One Slot Swap: Example - you want to replace Mario, he has a TransN of 7, therefore to avoid the walking glitch the new models 7th bone must also be TransN. The easiest way to fix it is to find a character that has the same TransN index and replace that one.  If you can’t or don’t want to replace those characters, then you can either rename the bone that is in the TransN index of the replaced character, but this might cause issues later on, because Brawl is referencing a random bone thinking it’s the TransN when it really isn’t. 
    Full Character Fix: you can edit the TransN Bone Reference in Tabuu, but since you have to edit the FitCharacter.pac (the PSA file), the change will affect all costume slots.  I have a Tabuu guide later (section 5).  TransN bones still have to match up, but with Tabuu, you can tell Brawl where to look for it, instead of Brawl telling you where to put it.

Kiplacon
    Newbie Kitten

Begginer

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #313 on: December 17, 2011, 02:33:24 PM »

I followed the guide and it turned out okay. He doesn't run in place and he functions fine, but he looks very strange.

Neku doesn't stand up normally, like it just put his body parts on Lucus' skeleton. What do I have to do?
    « Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 02:34:48 PM by Kiplacon » Logged

SouthCraft
    Holy Kitten

Retired brawl modder

• Awards Heart Container Renowned Hacker >9000 Pin Collector

« Reply #314 on: December 17, 2011, 04:42:48 PM »

I followed the guide and it turned out okay. He doesn't run in place and he functions fine, but he looks very strange.

Neku doesn't stand up normally, like it just put his body parts on Lucus' skeleton. What do I have to do?
    You need to replace the animations with marth's animations or with the model the vertex comes from

Pages:  1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 26
    Print
    Jump to: