Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26
Author Topic: Noobs guide to model swapping and glitch fixing :Update 7-28: Re-write for BB.67  (Read 102325 times)
Kiplacon
Newbie Kitten

Begginer

View Profile Awards
« Reply #315 on: December 17, 2011, 07:22:00 PM »

But I want Neku's moveset, not Marth's.

Snoopy
Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #316 on: December 19, 2011, 12:26:34 AM »

well, as SouthCraft said, that's an animation issue.  what you could do though, is port the animations from the Neku over Lucas moveset using the model you have, and it should correct the issue.  although, i don't really know how to use the animation porter, nor have i actually tried using it yet, so you'll have to have someone else help you with that if you need it.

Thundaga_T2
    Extreme Kitten

Hey You!

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #317 on: December 30, 2011, 04:59:33 AM »

I apologize if this isnt the right spot to put this but i really dont know where to ask. I noticed that there seems to be a limit on how many model imports you can have on one sd card. Im still unsure about it, but when i downloaded some model import hacks, the game started crashing when starting matches on hacked stages. Might i add that the hacked stages worked before i put the model import character in, and after deleting a few other hacks that i dont use anymore, the model imports started working with the hacked stages like normal.

So... is there a limit to how many model import characters you can have on one sd card?

Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
    Check out our music request thread here

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #318 on: December 30, 2011, 10:43:10 AM »

probably not the right spot, but hey, i'm here to answer any questions i can.  and as for the problem, not that i've noticed.  it may be a problem with the imported characters you're using, or maybe just one of them.  a good test would be to try loading only 1 of the model imports that froze the game at a time, and with a character that doesn't have any hacks applied over and on a stage you know that doesn't have freezing issues.  that way you can see if it's the model import itself, and not some sort of a limit.  i know i haven't had any issues with too many imports.

Thundaga_T2
    Extreme Kitten

Hey You!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #319 on: December 30, 2011, 01:56:12 PM »

probably not the right spot, but hey, i'm here to answer any questions i can.  and as for the problem, not that i've noticed.  it may be a problem with the imported characters you're using, or maybe just one of them.  a good test would be to try loading only 1 of the model imports that froze the game at a time, and with a character that doesn't have any hacks applied over and on a stage you know that doesn't have freezing issues.  that way you can see if it's the model import itself, and not some sort of a limit.  i know i haven't had any issues with too many imports.
    What i mean is, for example, i downloaded the Tails over MK V2 psa along with the model import of tails, played on that castlevania stage (over Luigi's Mansion), the game crashed. I delete some other hacks that i dont use anymore (some of which were model imports), then Tails started working like normal on that stage. I was using Wario as the other character (he has no hacks at all on him)

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #320 on: December 30, 2011, 05:05:34 PM »

hm, then i'm not too sure.  my first thought would have been the Tails import not working with the Tails PSA, but that may not be it if it works after deleting some other stuff.  maybe your sd card just needed some cleaning out?  i have no idea why that would happen.

Thundaga_T2
    Extreme Kitten

Hey You!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #321 on: December 30, 2011, 11:47:22 PM »

I formatted my sd card, it seemed to do the trick, the game doesnt crash anymore with regular matches, even after adding more model imports.

Unknowingly, you helped me lol, cuz you said that cleaning out my sd card seemed to work. That gave me the idea of formatting. So thanks  Cheesy

DashSmash
    Mega Kitten

There's always hope.

• Awards RAGE!! Tutorial Writer Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #322 on: January 08, 2012, 04:31:33 AM »

Whenever I use Bone add I  takes all the bones away except for the topN so I only have the topN.

I do accept requests for recolours.

diedhammer98
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #323 on: January 08, 2012, 07:40:57 AM »

That is Brawl Box v0.65 bug.
    Use Brawl Box v0.63d or Brawl Box v0.63d - Modset 4.2.
    You can use older versions.

DashSmash
    Mega Kitten

There's always hope.

• Awards RAGE!! Tutorial Writer Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #324 on: January 09, 2012, 08:54:04 AM »

Thanks now I can work further on falco on other characters.

I do accept requests for recolours.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #325 on: January 16, 2012, 09:45:47 AM »

Okay I've got a problem, I've been working on a Mario and Luigi over the Ice Climbers, whitch has working hair, hammer, yellow eyes, and even has eye movement (Witch I didn't do anything to get the movement, it was already there in model Cheesy). I have a problem, whenever someone grabs the bros AND throws them the game crashes the INSTANT you push the button to throw them. The character doesn't even start the trwoing animation it just instantly crashes. Tongue I need help with that, and its called the noob's guide, so you need to put how to hex the HaveN bone over the original character. I can't fix it through the Ice Climbers's PSA. I opened the edited one in Tabuu, got the values, opened HxD, and went to the offset. The values weren't there. I opened the original PSA in tabuu, had the same values and offsets, opened HxD, went to the same offsets, same problem. Can't find the value. So that doesn't work, and you just put that hexing the new HaveN bone over the the same place as the old HaveN would fix the glitch. You didn't say how to do that. I don't really need the Mario Bros to hold items in their face. Help please!!!!

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Battora
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #326 on: January 16, 2012, 01:18:24 PM »

Ok I have a couple problems so first I have a mod I'm making basicly bowsers model over captain falcons. I found some tutorials on how to make the animations fit the models etc but then a glitch appeared that makes him teleport (instead of walking in place only, he walk in place for a little bit then teleports in the direction he's walking) I searched this tutorial and was going to try the tabuu fix for the walk in place glitch(thinking it might work) but when I loaded captain faclons .pac and found the bone ref all the bones just says no model ref loaded. Please help with one (or both) of these problems. Thanks.
    « Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 01:19:18 PM by Battora » Logged

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #327 on: January 16, 2012, 05:59:13 PM »

@Battora, it sounds like that's a TransN issue.  you need to have the reference in the FitCaptain.pac match Bowser's TransN.  and when you load the .pac in Tabuu, don't worry that it says there isn't a reference model, there doesn't need to be one for it to work.

@StupidMarioFan1, i've ran into that issue a few times, but i honestly don't know how to fix it.  i don't believe it has anything to do with the HaveN though.  and i do have a hexing guide, it's section 4.  i know i go over how to move bone indexes around, which is what you're referring to by moving the HaveN bone.  but Tabuu is the better way to move it, because it moves the actual reference, and not the bone.  stuff tends to screw up when you change bone indexes around.  the only thing i know that could help the throwing issue is this:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12775656&postcount=5633

it basically describes how to fix the throwing issue you have, even though i never did get it working myself.  and the hex offset for the HaveN in the FitPopo.pac is at 0x1EABC.

and yeah, this says it's a noob guide, but sometimes there's a few issues that are very particular to one person's project, kind of like this.  but i have most of the basic issues listed.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #328 on: January 20, 2012, 06:26:00 PM »

Oh I forgot to mention that it might be both the model and animation. When I try the model with a normal Ice climber motionetc, the game doesn't crash when thrown, but when I try the model with my motionetc, or if I replace the thrown and grabbed animations with the Ice climbers animtions, it crashes. Maybe it has something to do with me adding the need animations to a copy of Mario's animation data, which was inserted into the Ice Climber motion file.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #329 on: January 20, 2012, 09:45:21 PM »

oh, good, you found the issue yourself with a little testing.  if the problem is only there when new animations are applied, then that's the problem.  i'm not entirely sure how you replaced the animations, but the most proper way to do it is to export all the animations individually, then import them separately.  that way it tends to have fewer problems, or at least that's how it's been from my own experiences. 

the issue may be with the throw animations, but try this first.  try importing just a few of Mario's animations into a clean FitPopoMotionEct.pac file and test it in game.  if that doesn't cause issues, then import a few more and test again.  keep going until you either get all the animations in, or hit the issue.  if you hit the issue, then it's one of the animaitons you just imported.

Pages:  1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26
    Print
    Jump to: