Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26
Author Topic: Noobs guide to model swapping and glitch fixing :Update 7-28: Re-write for BB.67  (Read 99632 times)
SouthCraft
Holy Kitten

Retired brawl modder

• Awards Heart Container Renowned Hacker >9000 Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #330 on: January 22, 2012, 01:09:02 PM »

I got the same problem Sad i was working on Waluigi over Diddykong and i got this thrown freeze. and when i don't use the fitdiddymotionetc he ust SD's when thrown. and when i replace the Thrown animations in fitdiddymotionetc he explodes in polygons. hope you find out whats causing it

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #331 on: January 28, 2012, 08:26:24 AM »

Thanks Snoopy that fixed the throwing problem Kirby Dance, but I just exported all of them at the same time but replaced them separately, and it works. But when they're thrown their second hair and their hammer are visible. I'm completely sure its because their animations for those aren't in the file, so I can't make those polygons invisible with the bones.  Undecided I also found out about the eye movement, its the AnmTexSrt(NW4R) in the Fit______MotionEct.pac, it controlles how an EyeIris and YellowEyeIris moves in an animation. The AnmTexPat(NW4R) swaps between multiple faces for characters like Ice Climbers and Kirby or EyeLids.0X for characters like Bowser, King Dedede, and Peach. This is actually helpful for custom animations, probably does go in this thread  Sad, but thought I explain that and that the eye movement wasn't already in the Ice Climber motion file.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

« Reply #332 on: March 30, 2012, 11:18:00 PM »

Snoops, could you possibly make a one slot character tutorial?
    My .DAE imports all need fitmotionetc mods and that is not cool :/ I would love to be able to import and not have to have that problem.

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #333 on: March 31, 2012, 10:45:16 PM »

you mean just how to make a one slot character?  having a MotionEtc file messes with every slot, unless you rename bones, which could then potentially mess other stuff up.  but what part of making the MotionEtc do you need help with?

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

« Reply #334 on: March 31, 2012, 10:49:35 PM »

you mean just how to make a one slot character?  having a MotionEtc file messes with every slot, unless you rename bones, which could then potentially mess other stuff up.  but what part of making the MotionEtc do you need help with?

Well I figured out that I could make the character one slot by just rigging them without touching the other character's bones at all. I'm not sure how well I can rig everything though...

Is there any way to make a one slot motionetc?

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #335 on: March 31, 2012, 10:51:24 PM »

I've always been wondering...is there any way to fix the cracker launcher/shooting items/battering items when porting character models?
    ex: Cracker Launcher is on the correct bone, but is angled the wrong way.
    Super Scope is turned at a 90 or -90 degree angle and the arm turns derpy.
    But I think the battering items thing is a bone issue.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #336 on: April 01, 2012, 12:36:00 PM »

Well I figured out that I could make the character one slot by just rigging them without touching the other character's bones at all. I'm not sure how well I can rig efurrything though...

Is there any way to make a one slot motionetc?

well, yes and no.  if you rename the bones then adjust them however you want, then it'll work.  that's usually how the one slot resizes work, the YRotN bone is renamed, then the scale is edited to make the character look right.  potentially, you could just rename all the bones to make it a one slot MotionEtc, but then you'd have to reanimate all of them.

I've always been wondering...is there any way to fix the cracker launcher/shooting items/battering items when purrting character models?
    ex: Cracker Launcher is on the correct bone, but is angled the wrong way.
    Supurr Scope is turned at a 90 or -90 degree angle and the arm turns derpy.
    But I think the battering items thing is a bone issue.

i'm pretty sure i was supposed to look into that at one point, but i never have.  so basically, i don't know how to fix it.  and it's pretty random, some swaps work just fine, but others have the odd rotation.  i know it's not the animation that does it, but that's about as far as i got.

That BattleToad PSA Guy
    Supreme Kitten

"STOMPIN' TIME!"

• Awards Heart Container RAGE!! Tutorial Writer Hey! Listen!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #337 on: April 14, 2012, 01:35:41 PM »

Hey, Snoop.

Sorry if you've heard this already, but the link to the bone hierarchy changer is broken.

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #338 on: April 14, 2012, 06:07:14 PM »

<.<   no it's not     Grin

thank you for bringing that up, i wouldn't have noticed otherwise.  good thing all that changed was adding unotaku.com/kcmm/ into the address.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #339 on: April 14, 2012, 07:32:57 PM »

well, yes and no.  if you rename the bones then adjust them however you want, then it'll work.  that's usually how the one slot resizes work, the YRotN bone is renamed, then the scale is edited to make the character look right.  potentially, you could just rename all the bones to make it a one slot MotionEtc, but then you'd have to reanimate all of them.
    But then he would most likely have a MotionEct.pac that is atleast twice as large, which will cause the game to crash. DX

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #340 on: April 14, 2012, 07:55:12 PM »

But then he would most likely have a MotionEct.pac that is at least twice as large, which will cause the game to crash. DX

well, yeah, but that's about the only way to have a one slot MotionEtc file... for now.  and if you're going to make a bunch of new animations anyways, you may as well throw in a PSA with a few quick recolors and call it a new full character to avoid the whole one slot MotionEtc issue.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #341 on: April 19, 2012, 07:42:14 PM »

Hey is there a way to get rid of the Sheild Glitch without editing the PSA? I know you said we can't in the tutorial, but it is a little bit outdated. Tongue One thing to add is that if the added bone in the origianl ThrownN bone's index has a polygon attached to it, that the Sheild will always choose that one polygon, if there isn't a polygon attached to it, then it'll choose one at random...I think. I;m not sure because the only times I;ve gotten the glitch, they both had a polygon attached to the bone, so I'm not sure when it actually, if it even does, choose one at random.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #342 on: April 20, 2012, 09:50:19 AM »

Hey is there a way to get rid of the Sheild Glitch without editing the PSA? I know you said we can't in the tutorial, but it is a little bit outdated. Tongue One thing to add is that if the added bone in the origianl ThrownN bone's index has a polygon attached to it, that the Sheild will always choose that one polygon, if there isn't a polygon attached to it, then it'll choose one at random...I think. I;m not sure because the only times I;ve gotten the glitch, they both had a polygon attached to the bone, so I'm not sure when it actually, if it even does, choose one at random.

it never chooses it at random, it uses whatever bone is at the same index as what the FitCharacter.pac tells it to use.  there's 2 ways to fix it, one is to edit the index in the FitCharacter.pac file, or make sure the bone that is in the ThrowN index for the model you're using isn't rigged to anything and has no child bones.  the second method doesn't mess with the PSA file, so try that.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #343 on: May 05, 2012, 12:12:36 PM »

it never chooses it at random, it uses whatever bone is at the same index as what the FitCharacter.pac tells it to use.  there's 2 ways to fix it, one is to edit the index in the FitCharacter.pac file, or make sure the bone that is in the ThrowN index for the model you're using isn't rigged to anything and has no child bones.  the second method doesn't mess with the PSA file, so try that.
    You said that it chooses it randomly, and I just looked at the tutorial. Now I do know that you can get rid of the sheild and HaveN glitch for one-slots but it won't work for most imports. For my SM64 Mario and Luigi, they don't have anything rigged to their finger bones, so theose bones are just there for really no reason exceptfor the other bones to have their right indexes. Now I made extra bones to have them have multiple hands, but then it messed with the sheild and HaveN bones because they're children of the HandNa bones. Since they don't use their fingers, I deleted enough to get the HaveN bones and the ThrownN bone in the right place. And that fixed the two glitches! Cheesy Now the down side to this is that it won't work unless you basically have bones that aren't rigged to anything, and are just wasting space. Now when porting a Brawl model, or an import that is completely rigged, there are few bones that aren't needed, mainly any model bones that aren't used like say Mario and Luigi's HairM, HairMb, and CapM bones. They aren't used by othert characters, so they can go, but then some chacrters have the same if not more model bones, so you still don't have anything to get rid of. Anyways I thought I'd throw that out there, it helps and not helps in a way, just depends on the situration. Tongue

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #344 on: May 05, 2012, 12:42:59 PM »

well, that is one way to do it, but of course that requires some extra steps, like re-rigging the model to not use certain bones.  you've got to remember too that i wrote this guide 2 years ago, so a lot of the new ways with model rigging aren't included.  but yeah, if you can get a bone that isn't rigged to anything to be in the same index as the HaveN and ThrowN bones, then the glitches won't be there. 

i really need to re-write this guide....  again...  even if at this point it isn't too necessary.

Pages:  1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26
    Print
    Jump to: