Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26
Author Topic: Noobs guide to model swapping and glitch fixing :Update 7-28: Re-write for BB.67  (Read 99623 times)
StupidMarioFan1
Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #345 on: May 05, 2012, 12:46:18 PM »

Oh I forgot you can move the bone, like say the RHaveN bone is two bone indexes more than it should be, and Mario's R4thNa is in the RHaveN's right index, if you move the RHaveN infront of the R4thNa bone, it'll be in the right index and it won't jack up the finger. So if it's a situration like that, then you can fix. Now of course I haven't tried this with every character or with every bone, so you might not get the desired result. :|

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #346 on: May 13, 2012, 01:50:35 PM »

A question here. When you port a character over another, do we must use the original fit(char).pac and motionetc files from the ported char, or we must export all animations and insert them into the motion file of the replaced char and fix all bones, attacks etc..in the replaced char's pac file?

And also, what is the advantage of .rel porting and when it can be done?

Sorry if it was answered before, is pretty hard to find infos in this huge thread.  Tongue

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #347 on: May 13, 2012, 04:27:06 PM »

no, i agree, some stuff can be kind of hard to find in here. 

A question here. When you port a character over another, do we must use the original fit(char).pac and motionetc files from the ported char, or we must export all animations and insert them into the motion file of the replaced char and fix all bones, attacks etc..in the replaced char's pac file?

for this, exporting the original animations and replacing them into the new MotionEtc is usually the best option.  if you just use the original MotionEtc, some pretty random issues can occur.  as for the FitChar.pac, always use the new one, never use the original, it'll cause much fewer issues.  you'll have to change a lot of the PSA stuff though.

And also, what is the advantage of .rel porting and when it can be done?

for the .rel porting, it basically allows you to take all of a characters files and use it over another without the need to export all the animations and re-make the PSA that you otherwise would have to do.  as far as i know, it can only be done with Ike, Marth, Jigglypuff, and Metaknight right now, but also using very specific codes and files to make them work.  and i'm not too familiar with .rel porting, but i know there's a few threads around that have all the stuff you'd need in it.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #348 on: May 13, 2012, 09:10:21 PM »

Ok, thanks for the answer. I was curious about this because I saw somewhere each character has some "reserved" memory to use inside the game, and we can never pass that limit, but I believe porting considerable bigger characters over those that almost can't be changed may have unpleasant results.

That BattleToad PSA Guy
    Supreme Kitten

"STOMPIN' TIME!"

• Awards Heart Container RAGE!! Tutorial Writer Hey! Listen!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #349 on: May 25, 2012, 05:01:41 PM »

Snoop, I just wanted to drop by to say...THANK YOU! You have NO IDEA how much this is going to help me and ShadowMarth finish our long-overdue BattleToads PSA.

Should I bump into any problems, I'll take a good look at the instructions. If they don't see to help, I'll post what I need help with.

EDIT: OK, First problem. I can't seem to find Ganon's HaveN, but he DOES have an animation in the MotionPac called "ItemHandHave". Originally, it looked all shoved in the arm, but I managed to fix its appearance by copying the RHandN of the original model , and then going back to the ItemHandHave animation, and hit "Paste only Trans".

Something tells me this is wrong! If so, what should I do?
    « Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 05:58:13 PM by Flik » Logged

Formally Known As The Ant Formally Known As Flik

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #350 on: May 26, 2012, 12:52:24 AM »

honestly, it's been way to long since i've messed with animations to remember what all of them do, so it may work, or it may not.  but Ganondorf's HaveN bones are at index 41 for the LHaveN, and 65 for the RHaveN. 

and i'm glad that this giude still has some use for a few people.  since rigging is relatively easy, and you generally don't have to worry about random glitches and oddities, simple model swapping isn't used too much anymore.  but hey, it's just how hacking works, always improving upon older methods.

That BattleToad PSA Guy
    Supreme Kitten

"STOMPIN' TIME!"

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #351 on: May 26, 2012, 02:09:43 PM »

OK, so apparently that DIDN'T work. He STILL cannot throw players or grab items without the game freezing...

In addition, I tried to work on another character port (Captain Falcon over Fox). The character model looked somewhat strange and scrunched when I previewed it in BrawlBox with the MotionPac.

What should I do in reguards to both problems?

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #352 on: May 26, 2012, 02:54:18 PM »

the first issue is an incorrect HaveN reference.  check section 3, part F for that.  it'll require using Tabuu and hexing to fix it. 

for the second issue, that's pretty standard.  it's applying the Fox's animations to Falcon's boneset, which tha animations obviously weren't made for.  to fix it, either export all of Falcon's animations into a clean FitFoxMotionEtc.pac, or just rename a FitFalconMotionEtc to FitFox and it should work decently.  the first method will help reduce the chances of random freezes, but both will work.

That BattleToad PSA Guy
    Supreme Kitten

"STOMPIN' TIME!"

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #353 on: May 26, 2012, 03:24:29 PM »

the first issue is an incorrect HaveN reference.  check section 3, part F for that.  it'll require using Tabuu and hexing to fix it.

I was afraid it would come to Hex Editing.

Don't get me wrong, I'll gladly do it, but my hex editor only shows 2-Digit codes, whereas the one in the tutorial shows 8-Digit codes.

Which Hex Editor do you use anyway, Snoop?

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #354 on: May 26, 2012, 10:20:50 PM »

it's called HxD.  it's free, and it has a setting to change the view to show different bit sets.  i prefer the 8 bit view, obviously, but it's not too hard to see the same in 2 bit view.  hex editing isn't bad, and i step through exactly what you need to do in the guide.  it's quite literally just 9 things you need to change, which are all grouped together. 

That BattleToad PSA Guy
    Supreme Kitten

"STOMPIN' TIME!"

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #355 on: May 28, 2012, 11:34:38 PM »

it's called HxD.  it's free, and it has a setting to change the view to show different bit sets.  i prefer the 8 bit view, obviously, but it's not too hard to see the same in 2 bit view.  hex editing isn't bad, and i step through exactly what you need to do in the guide.  it's quite literally just 9 things you need to change, which are all grouped together. 

Oh, OK. I have HxD, too, but for some reason, I can only see two digits at a time. Now I know about the alternative option. Thanks, dude...

EDIT: OK, Hopefully this is the LAST report! I found all 9 things I need to fix. The Bone Index I want to replace is "54". According to the walkthrough, it tells me to apply "54" (The number of my characters' RHaveN) to the 9 standard digits.

Is this accurate, or am I missing something?

BTW, I have all the useful things:

21AB4 - The number in Tabuu's FileOffset
    65 - The value given in Tabuu
    54 - The BoneIndex for Ganon's "RHaveN"
    000021B10 - The row where the 9 digits first begin in HxD

The only downside? I have no idea how to apply them, and I've reading the tutorial pretty hard. The last instruction mystifies me...

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #356 on: May 29, 2012, 02:00:14 PM »

well, convert the 54 to hex before you apply it, so you'll put in 36 in HxD.  and it's not the same value for all 9 spots, there's actually 3 different bones there.  this pic should help.

the red ones are the HaveN reference, the blue ones are the HandN reference, and the green one is the ThrowN reference.  so for yours, replace the 00000041 (65 in decimal) with 00000036 (54 in decimal) to the red spots.  then you'll need to do the same with the HandN and ThrowN references.  but after that, you're done, and it's fully adjusted to fit the new model.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #357 on: June 03, 2012, 04:54:14 PM »

Hi Snoopy, I have another question. Since Wario has 2 different costumes, what would I have to do in order to fix up import glitches if I port a different character over onto Wario?

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #358 on: June 03, 2012, 05:41:56 PM »

hm, that's actually a good question...  what i would personally do first is line up everything to the WarioWare costume, since it has more bones than the regular costume, that way the model should work over any of Wario's costume slots. 

okay, so from what i can tell, the FitWario.pac references the WarioWare costume, but for some reason adds a 4 to all the bone references.  like the TransN reference is 402 instead of 2, and the HaveN reference is 467 instead of 67.  and from the looks of it, it doesn't have a second area for the regular costume bone references.  so basically, you should just be able to make the references fit the WarioWare costume, and it should work, or just edit then like normally, but making sure the 4 is there.

stupid Wario always screwing things up and causing weird issues like this.  if it doesn't work, you can send me the files and i'll test a few things with it, since i've actually never tried this with him.

Novarek
    Extreme Kitten

Model import, PSA, SFX & GFX hacker

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #359 on: June 29, 2012, 01:12:46 PM »

I have a little question about the HaveN glitch.

In my case, the item are apparently grabbed by the good bone (the item are in the hand), but the item are not in the good direction when grabbed, for exemple, when i grab the beam sword, the blade are in the opposite direction (on ground direction).

Should i use your solution for the HaveN glitch, or the probleme come from a other source ?

EDIT: hmm apparently it's a animation probleme, the animation "ItemHandGrip" (the one with the hand close when holding a item) does not execute when i take a item, the hand stay always open, this is maybe why the item are corretly in the hand but not in the good position.

Prety strange because all seems to be good in the PSA and animation data.
    « Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 02:45:36 PM by Novarek » Logged

Next project after Blaze

Model maker are now officialy wanted !

Pages:  1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26
    Print
    Jump to: