Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to make stage A go over stage B without a rel  (Read 1498 times)
DocStrange
Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « on: May 11, 2010, 08:15:18 PM »

Like how when people make their original stages and make it so it can go over several other stages without using rels, is there a tutorial on that?

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 04:15:10 AM »

There's no tutorial I guess. But I think I could make a quick one here as I think I'm some kind of master with it already xDDD

The first step you must make is having at least the same modeldatas with the same index numbers as the stage you want to make your stage for. So if a stage has modeldatas 0-13, modeldata 100, modeldata 101 and modeldata 200, the same are needed in your stage.

And they can't be empty. They need at least an empty model. An empty model is still a model, you only need having some model inside. You can use the poketrainer model in modeldata 101 or similar to make this. I use one named Static, which has only a single bone. It's made from some named nodeIndex, it can be found in some places, such as Norfair (modeldata 9), but the poketrainer one is fine.

Having these will make your stage work in most cases, but there are some stages with different miscdatas, and some of them could be needed too. Each stage is a different case with this.

Anyway, the best way to port a stage to another, is getting the original stage, replace any unused modeldata with modeldatas with the empty model, and replace everything needed for the stage, such as the scenedata, the texturedata, the miscdata[2] and placing your modeldatas in the modeldatas you prefer.

This should be working for most stages.

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

DocStrange
    Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 08:46:07 AM »

Thanks Mewtwo, I'll give it a shot!

DocStrange
    Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 07:37:49 PM »

So would it be possible to port an existing stage (one I didn't make) to another stage if both have data indexes the other doesn't?

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 02:12:29 AM »

You should change them in order to port it.

To make a stage working as 2 stages at the same time, the stage information must be in a modeldata used by both of them. For example, if you get models into modeldata1 and leave modeldata2 with an empty model, the stage will work over wifi room (only has modeldata1) and final destination (has modeldatas 1 and 2) If you get a stage with only modeldata1 and you try to load it as a final destination, it will freeze because of not having the modeldata2.

With this known, if you have a stage A with modeldatas 1, 2 and 3 and you want to port it into stage B, with modeldatas 0, 1 and 2, it could be enough to change the index 0 to 3. This could be not accurate, because of some modeldatas don't being able to support moving collisions and similar problems, but switching 0 with 1 or something similar would fix that problem.

My recommendations to this is having the ground part of the stage over the modeldata with the ground in the original stage

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

DocStrange
    Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 09:16:39 AM »

Hmm, interesting, I'll give it a shot. What I'm trying to do is put Tengan_1 over another stage then port that stage back over Spear Pillar with a rel.

I had ported it to another stage using a rel but it wouldn't load sound effects of certain visual effects, despite using Spear Pillar's rel, so I'm thinking if I port it to another stage then use a rel to put it back over Spear Pillar maybe that would fix the problem. But honestly I'm probably not even going to bother with it anymore, because I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get it how I want.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: