Kitty Corp Meow Mix Forums

Help & Tutorials => Help => Topic started by: nanobuds on November 03, 2011, 10:09:57 PM

Title: Having a Size-Mod problem...
Post by: nanobuds on November 03, 2011, 10:09:57 PM
I'm trying to make a basic size-mod for a model import (Tikal over Zelda). I've made many in the past, and they haven't had any major issues.

I edited the XRotN bone and named it XRot_Tikal. Then i edited the animations of that bone for the sizemod.

Well after saving it, it freezes in game. Then when i try to open it again in BrawlBox, it wont open in the Model Viewer, and the program crashes.

any help?
Title: Re: Having a Size-Mod problem...
Post by: ✿Zelia✿ on November 03, 2011, 10:20:15 PM
Hmmm... I wonder, did u have to rename XRotN?
Title: Re: Having a Size-Mod problem...
Post by: nanobuds on November 03, 2011, 10:43:31 PM
Quote from: Sorceress on November 03, 2011, 10:20:15 PM
Hmmm... I wonder, did u have to rename XRotN?

to make it one-slot, yes i have to rename that. i could rename the TopN bone, but that makes more animation glitches than the XRot
Title: Re: Having a Size-Mod problem...
Post by: ✿Zelia✿ on November 03, 2011, 10:47:29 PM
Quote from: Nanobuds on November 03, 2011, 10:43:31 PM
to make it one-slot, yes i have to rename that. i could rename the TopN bone, but that makes more animation glitches than the XRot
Okay then, I hope somebody can help u fix this...
Title: Re: Having a Size-Mod problem...
Post by: nanobuds on November 04, 2011, 12:57:49 AM
me too. ive never had this problem with size mods before...
Title: Re: Having a Size-Mod problem...
Post by: Gamma Ridley on November 04, 2011, 12:59:11 AM
Maybe try using the YRotN?
Title: Re: Having a Size-Mod problem...
Post by: Justin712 on November 04, 2011, 05:07:23 AM
If it freezes and crashes Brawlbox then there's no hope for that specific file. I think you ought to just try again since it probably just got corrupted somewhere along the way. I know when I'm replacing the shaders or the materials of my models I have to replace them one at a time, save, close brawlbox, and re-open it for each one or the mdl0 will do exactly what you're describing.
Title: Re: Having a Size-Mod problem...
Post by: nanobuds on November 04, 2011, 08:42:42 PM
ive tried 5 different times. still crashed brawlbox.
Title: Re: Having a Size-Mod problem...
Post by: Justin712 on November 04, 2011, 11:06:49 PM
Are you renaming the bone in brawlbox, the DAE, or 3ds max?
Title: Re: Having a Size-Mod problem...
Post by: nanobuds on November 04, 2011, 11:39:05 PM
brawlbox
Title: Re: Having a Size-Mod problem...
Post by: ✿Zelia✿ on November 05, 2011, 01:46:36 AM
Maybe try a different method?...
Title: Re: Having a Size-Mod problem...
Post by: Justin712 on November 06, 2011, 12:27:15 AM
Quote from: Sorceress on November 05, 2011, 01:46:36 AM
Maybe try a different method?...

Yes, do that. Edit the DAE with notepad++ and change the node name.
Title: Re: Having a Size-Mod problem...
Post by: Iwvi on November 12, 2011, 07:32:20 PM
Use Yrot instead, maybe?