Hey guys so I recently got back into using the texture hacks so I clean installed them on my SD card and am having no issues getting textures. Yesterday I "made" a Kirby texture hack (I just turned the red him orange) and it worked so I decided to try making a CSP again. Guess what!? It worked! So I went and a added my 5 Lucas' texture CSP's and same with my Zelda ones, and when I press brawl it goes BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEpp and well I'm sure you know what that means.
So my question is, is there a certain file SIZE I cant go above? I know the CSP's are 128x160 and they are always that size. The kirby one all I did was export the stock red kirby and photoshop it to the orange, so it was probably the same filesize, but the other ones (Frostie, Vannelope, Sackboy over Lucas; and Elsa over Zelda) are probably higher file sizes. I'm not sure, I can check if that might be the issue.
Any help is appreciated!
Extra info: 1GB SD card, Gecko 1931, File Patch Code 3.5.1.
Thanks guys.
EDIT: Holy crap, the stock(orange) Kirby CSP I "made" is 8.08KB and the other ones I scaled down or even the Harry Potter over Lucas CSP is AT LEAST 26KB. Is that the issue?
Most likely the problem is your common5.pac/selcharacter.pac are too big.
The size limit for the selcharacter.pac is 3.79mb and the common5.pac file size is 11.6mb.
To reduce the size just re-encode ur csps to CMPR when you replace them.
Hope i helped!
Holy crap that was super helpful it seemed to work! I'm about to try it. File size stayed at 11.6MB when I replaced them in that format. Thanks!
No problem, glad to help.