So I was in the process of making my Dillon PSA(which I plan on releasing a beta for in the coming months), but then I was scrolling through the post of a forum and one of its members said something that caught my attention. "People don't like PKMN Trainer because he was in the background instead of using actual items you get in the game." Now whether this statement is true or not isn't the point, it actually got me thinking about what it would be like to have PKMN Trainer in smash using key items in the franchise, like the Acro Bike, Super Rod, Pokeballs, etc...but he'll also retain his overall playstyle in Brawl summoning pokemon, now I've actually come up with a moveset that does both. In this PSA PKMN Trainer will both command pokemon and use Items from the pokemon series.
Now, there are two movesets that have been made based on this idea, both of which only alter the specials of the moveset: The first one allows the trainer to summon and return pokemon with his Neutral Special and use his Up, Side, and Down Specials to tell the summoned pokemon to use a specific move(Example: PKMN Trainer uses his Side Special and Popplio use Water Gun). Each pokemon will be able to move freely and have 2 standard attacks, one Smash Attack, and 3 air attacks that they'll be able to use at their own free will, the trainer will only determine when they use special attacks like, Water Gun, Flamethrower, Razor Leaf, etc.. The Pokemon will also have their own stats and will have a certain amount of Stamina depending on the Pokemon, but if the Pokemon faints then they won'tbe available to the player for either the rest of the match or until PKMN Trainer is K.O.'d . This Moveset is a more cannon moveset than the second one. The second moveset also allows the trainer to summon pokemon and will work exactly the same as in the first moveset(the Nspec will also work the same), however the instead of commanding the pokemon with his specials he will instead use items from the series and the pokemon will be able to attack the opponent with their specials freely however, like in the second moveset Pokemon will also be permanently gone once K.O.'d , but in this moveset PKMN Trainer will be able to use is Down Special to Increase the Pokemons health and stats . There's a poll above for you guys to vote on which moveset you want in brawl(which you can read the full movesets below, but there's one more important detail, Which pokemon trainer should be used and which pokemon should He/She used. Now I'm not sure what the limit is on Pokemon(it will most likely depend on who he's over) but I plan on adding 6 total pokemon. I want you Guys to list a 6 pokemon team that fills each of the below criteria and how they fill that criteria. If you want to, you can even add what moves they might use(you can include GenVII).
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Specials 2
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler][/center]
Now, that you guys know all the details about this project, you guys need to know something about me, I am not a Animator and I can't Import Models, so I'll need you guys help. Anyone who wants to help with the project is welcome. I will be taking on the role of main coder, but I need a model importer and an animator, as well as someone for SFX and GFX. With all that said I want to her your thoughts and opinions on this project, have another idea or advice then post it in the comments section below.
This looks interesting. Subbed. :)
Post Merge: July 05, 2016, 11:20:03 PM
Too much to read, though, so I think I'll just wait for some previews.